Next Big Thing in Oct- Merged Topics

Back on topic....seems something big is a brewing. Commuted on AWA and f/a's said rumor is DP will soon DPart. In addition a certain something was to happen on Sept 21 and it has been haulted since a big announcement will be out regarding a split up of the company. Guys in red lanyards know that story.

Doogie is building a whopper of a house on Nantucket... he can't take the heat... (Doctor Evil pinkie to mouth)

OK, now I know I have asked this before, but here's an interesting question.

IF NW took West, and UA took East, in theory, at least, would it not make sense for East and West to swap Airbus 319 and 320 aircraft before such a transaction closed? NW and East use CFM-56 engines and UA and West use the IAE 2500's if I remember correctly. The 321's and 330's could go to NW as well, to maintain fleet/engine commonality. NW already has 330's. Of course eventually this could leave the flying pigs without homes (321's), unless they could go to F9 or something like that.

It seems to me operating the same type of aircraft with two engine types makes no sense whatsoever. While the transaction would be complicated, the Airbus fleets would match perfectly, leaving only the 757's if I recall correctly with diverse engine types.

And while I am dreaming, NW already has a large fleet of 757's as does UA, so the entire fleet of RR powered 75's could be disposed of.

Of course this could never happen, because it makes TOO MUCH SENSE..... but what if..........????

NW and US are 1&2 top spots for most profitable. Could be marriage material.

Back on topic....seems something big is a brewing. Commuted on AWA and f/a's said rumor is DP will soon DPart. In addition a certain something was to happen on Sept 21 and it has been haulted since a big announcement will be out regarding a split up of the company. Guys in red lanyards know that story.

Sept 21 is on.

Contract Duration
• Agreement remains in full force and effect through 12/31/11 and will become amendable 1/1/12
• All snapback provisions of the September 2002 and January 2003 Restructuring Agreements will be eliminated except as provided for in Attachment D.

You were saying JOHN JOHN

Check page 175 of CWA contract.

( Attachment D deals with the snap backs at the "END" of the contract, January 1, 2112 )

OK, now we are not going to turn THIS thread into another union discussion are we?

Please keep it on topic.

Thank you.

Leprechaun,

I guess you didn't get the memo.

This thread is about the possibility of another merger, NOT union dispute issues. You can discuss those IF/WHEN such a merger is announced, and in another thread.

Final warning to keep this on the original topic.

Each and every one of you posting and taking this topic seriously, should be guests on Coast to Coast AM with George Norey or Art Bell. Or maybe you have spent too much time reinventing the wheel on some corporate game board. Good grief! What a fantasy. Dougweiser will NOT be taken seriously as a merger partner until he cleans up this mess.

:lol:

Contract Duration
• Agreement remains in full force and effect through 12/31/11 and will become amendable 1/1/12
• All snapback provisions of the September 2002 and January 2003 Restructuring Agreements will be eliminated except as provided for in Attachment D.
You were saying JOHN JOHN

Check page 175 of CWA contract.

( Attachment D deals with the snap backs at the "END" of the contract, January 1, 2112 )
All you are bringing up is the snapback provisions of the September 2002 and January 2003 Restructuring Agreements that are now eliminated. Any future MERGER the change in control Article-2 page-2 status of agreement between US Airways and CWA of 2005 would apply
Please educated yourself so Richard can chill out

Each and every one of you posting and taking this topic seriously, should be guests on Coast to Coast AM with George Norey or Art Bell. Or maybe you have spent too much time reinventing the wheel on some corporate game board. Good grief! What a fantasy. Dougweiser will NOT be taken seriously as a merger partner until he cleans up this mess.

:lol:

Mess as in about 3/4 billion dollar profit expected for 2007? Regardless of the mess the airline is in, and I agree it's got it's problems, any airline that can be that profitable with all the problems we've had would attract a lot of interest. By the way, on time performance has been running 80-85 pct since about a week before Labor Day.

OK, now I know I have asked this before, but here's an interesting question.

IF NW took West, and UA took East,

I don't know why NW wouldn't want the east operation. Seems that PHX, PHL, BOS, LGA and DCA would fit right in. I even think CLT wouldn't be misplaced.

All you are bringing up is the snapback provisions of the September 2002 and January 2003 Restructuring Agreements that are now eliminated. Any future MERGER the change in control Article-2 page-2 status of agreement between US Airways and CWA of 2005 would apply
Please educated yourself so Richard can chill out

Did you also not read Richard's warning above to keep this on topic. This is not a union thread. If it cant stay on topic it WILL BE CLOSED.

If any other airline considered LCC as a partner then after reading this web site they may have very serious second thoughts. Hopefully we show the most vocal and smallest part of this airline.

Back