Next Big Thing in Oct- Merged Topics

It's true, something is brewing and you just need to wait a little longer. All in all, it will be good news, depending on where you are.

God please don't tell me its Doug+UA+East please, please, please. A how do you know what it is?

One that wants the profitable part of the organization.
Hopefully that is the profitable part now and not the "profitable" part prior to the last two BK's (Yes plural!) that I have gone through. On second thought, with much 20/20 hind sight, we should have stayed independent! I still have my "Plan B" in place. Oh wait, we had a meltdown...etc. I might not be here to crow about profitability-but never mind that. A rising tide floats all boats. It doesn't work as well the other way.

If this happens what will happen to the retiree benefits of all airlines?? Please answer. Great interest :blink:

OK, now we are not going to turn THIS thread into another union discussion are we?

Please keep it on topic.

Thank you.

There was NWA jet in PHX yesterday at the MX hangars, kinda like when the US planes started showing up before anything was "official"

OK, now I know I have asked this before, but here's an interesting question.

IF NW took West, and UA took East, in theory, at least, would it not make sense for East and West to swap Airbus 319 and 320 aircraft before such a transaction closed? NW and East use CFM-56 engines and UA and West use the IAE 2500's if I remember correctly. The 321's and 330's could go to NW as well, to maintain fleet/engine commonality. NW already has 330's. Of course eventually this could leave the flying pigs without homes (321's), unless they could go to F9 or something like that.

It seems to me operating the same type of aircraft with two engine types makes no sense whatsoever. While the transaction would be complicated, the Airbus fleets would match perfectly, leaving only the 757's if I recall correctly with diverse engine types.

And while I am dreaming, NW already has a large fleet of 757's as does UA, so the entire fleet of RR powered 75's could be disposed of.

Of course this could never happen, because it makes TOO MUCH SENSE..... but what if..........????

Back