No Luv For Bush Regime?

Its vulgar, its low class, and uncouth.

Any shirt that has the F word on it, whatever the subject, is inappropriate, and the person wearing it is showing that they are trash.

Although I would never be caught in something like that, I am not so sure that society isn't becoming more and more desensitized to things like this. What is considered "trash" now probably won't be considered that in 10 years.

As a kid, I was taught that anyone with a tatoo was "trash". Now look at them, everyone has one. (fyi - Fly does NOT have one. My dad still stands by the "trash" statement from years ago. Can't disappoint my Dad. :) )

I'm continually shocked by what teenagers are wearing (or in the girl's cases, what they aren't wearing!!! :shock: ) Sure glad I only have boys.... :up:

It's NOT my company its just a cute name we all know that when SWA makes a mistake...killing a passenger,
Um...It wasn't Southwest that "killed a passenger"...it was the other passengers...after the dearly departed tried to breach the cockpit. I don't know about you, but if I were on that plane, I certainly wouldn't sit him down and sing Kumbaya...I'd most likely "assist" the FA's to the best of my abilities.
the over shot of the runway almost hitting a gas station YOU might all think that was really funny but a very dear friend was on that flight and has major issues since ..
I was on a Western Airlines jet that blew a tire on landing. I had some major issues after that. I flew out of DFW in 1975 the day after Delta 191 crashed...do you think looking at the burned out hulk of a jetliner gave me the warm fuzzies? I met the copilot of UAL232...if anybody should have had some major issues, it woulda been that guy, but he was back flying the line as soon as he was able.
Then there was the time that SWA pilots got naked in the flight deck....those are the things that they like to sweep under the runway so to speak
IIRC, that was a non-revenue (no passengers on board) flight. And did you know that Howard Hughs often liked to fly naked back when he was still in the aviation world? I believe that one came to light after an FA's boyfriend complained about it because the FA took a picture with her cell phone.
A few months ago a pregnant lady about 40 was trying to get from lax to phx she was EL PREGO with triplets she asked for a seat belt exstender and then was told Oh we have to charge you for another seat this person only asked for a SE so that the buckle would not cut into her belly the FA's made such a big deal in RE to this they brought down a GA and a SUP this lady was not as large as the FA who at this point had become " Drama Queen" They did charge her for another seat but the person who was in the middle seat did not move nor did the window WHY because they were her kids so she had to pay or a another seat but never got it and the flight was full ( yes this is a true story)
And it's now "made public" by you... I didn't see any news stories about it.

Hey, Princess, slow your fingers down! Typing fast only does one thing -- it makes you appear as if you never got past third grade punctuation. We all know that 's not true, but looks are deceiving.

Now, to respond to continue our discussion:

AWAskyprincess said:
It's NOT my company its just a cute name ....
It's not your company? Do you mean that you don't work for "HelP/US" and you just like the "AWAskyprincess" name? Or, you do work for the company but don't want to claim being part of the organization?
AWAskyprincess said:
we all know that when SWA makes a mistake...killing a passenger, ...
What are you talking about? NO ONE has ever been killed through any act atributable to Southwest Airlines. If you're referring the the wacked-out kid that the passengers subdued enroute to Salt Lake City then say so. To attribute the actions of independent passengers to the corporate SWA is highly inaccurate. Kind of like me saying all of AWA has an attitude when all I know is your attitude -- and you told me AWA isn't your company so I can't connect the two.
... the over shot of the runway almost hitting a gas station YOU might all think that was really funny but a very dear friend was on that flight and has major issues since
I will apologize for the insensitivity. I did not know that you were personally involved with someone who has issues resulting from the event. No, we don't think it was funny. It was a serious event that still ripples through the flight ops training curriculum and will for eternity. That no one was seriously injured (physically) was amazing. Still, the mantra at SWA is to take everything seriously except ourselves!
..Then there was the time that SWA pilots got naked in the flight deck...
By the way, the pilots were NOT completely naked. It was bad judgement but did absolutely nothing to interfere with customer service -- other than to provide more FREE AIR TIME! :up:
A few months ago a pregnant lady about 40 was trying to get from lax to phx she was EL PREGO with triplets she asked for a seat belt exstender and then was told Oh we have to charge you for another seat this person only asked for a SE so that the buckle would not cut into her belly the FA's made such a big deal in RE to this they brought down a GA and a SUP this lady was not as large as the FA who at this point had become " Drama Queen" They did charge her for another seat but the person who was in the middle seat did not move nor did the window WHY because they were her kids so she had to pay or a another seat but never got it and the flight was full ( yes this is a true story)
Whew! (Punctuation really would help the rest of us understand your thoughts. Please, to reduce the high probability that you will be misunderstood, slow down and use some sentence structure!)

I can't deny your story because I'm not familiar with the situation. It is imperative (to avoid lawsuits) to apply the "Customer of Size" policy across the entire spectrum redardless of the reason for the extrusion into the other seat. That being said, if in fact this person only stuck straight out and not toward the sides then I can see where a less-than-stellar customer service experience may have been presented.

(PM coming you way to inquire about this event. Please reply if you have time. Thanks!)

As you 've quite adequately pointed out, SWA isn't perfect and I wholeheartedly agree with the point. Alas, futile as it may be, we never give up trying to achieve the goal.

..Then there was the time that SWA pilots got naked in the flight deck...

I wish OUR pilots (UAL) would fly naked. I've seen some mighty fine looking men at United....just not naked (work with me folks, I'm married, this is all I can get!!)

AWAskyprincess said:
It's NOT my company its just a cute name we all know that when SWA makes a mistake...killing a passenger, the over shot of the runway almost hitting a gas station  YOU might all think that was really funny but a very dear friend was on that flight and has major issues since ..Then there was the time that SWA pilots got naked in the flight deck....those are the things that they like to sweep under the runway so to speak . A few months ago a pregnant lady about 40 was trying to get from lax to phx she was EL PREGO with triplets she asked for a seat belt exstender and then was told Oh we have to charge you for another seat this person only asked for a SE so that the buckle would not cut into her belly the FA's made such a big deal in RE to this they brought down a GA and a SUP this lady was not as large as the FA who at this point had become " Drama Queen" They did charge her for another seat but the person who was in the middle seat did not move nor did the window WHY because they were her kids so she had to pay or a another seat but never got it and the flight was full ( yes this is a true story)
[post="310004"][/post]​

SkyPrincess, none of us are Mickey Spillane's here, but, when you are trying to convey your opinion please use the Word Portion of your computer first then it should help you clean up whatever grammatical errors there are.

We are your audience it’s important that we get your point. So we can respond correctly to your post. With that being said, I changed your post so it’s readable as an example:

When SWA makes a mistake...the killing of a passenger on his was to Salt Lake City. Pilots who over shot the runway in Burbank that hit a gas station. Finally, the time that SWA pilots got naked on the flight deck are all things that the company likes to sweep "under the runway".

Although, YOU might think the Burbank incident was funny, a dear friend of mine was on that flight has had major issues since then.

A few months ago, a pregnant lady was trying to get from Los Angeles to Phoenix. She was late in her pregnancy and she was expecting triplets. She had asked for a seat belt extender. She was told “ Oh we have to charge you for another seat.â€￾ This person had only asked for an extension so she would be more comfortable.

The Flight attendant chose to make this an issue. The attendant had the gate agent and their supervisors come down to the aircraft to address the problem. Now please note, this lady was not as large as the flight attendant, who at this point had become a "Drama Queen". They did charge her for another seat but the people sitting in the seat next to her did were not told to move. If you are wondering why reason they were not told to move, because they were her kids, so she had to pay or a another seat but never got it, and the flight was full ( yes this is a true story)

wnbubbleboy said:
SkyPrincess, none of us are Mickey Spillane's here, but, when you are trying to convey your opinion please use the Word Portion of your computer first then it should help you clean up whatever grammatical errors there are.

We are your audience it’s important that we get your point. So we can respond correctly to your post. With that being said, I changed your post so it’s readable as an example:

When SWA makes a mistake...the killing of a passenger on his was to Salt Lake City. Pilots who over shot the runway in Burbank that hit a gas station. Finally, the time that SWA pilots got naked on the flight deck are all things that the company likes to sweep "under the runway".

Although, YOU might think the Burbank incident was funny, a dear friend of mine was on that flight has had major issues since then.

A few months ago, a pregnant lady was trying to get from Los Angeles to Phoenix. She was late in her pregnancy and she was expecting triplets. She had asked for a seat belt extender. She was told “ Oh we have to charge you for another seat.â€￾ This person had only asked for an extension so she would be more comfortable.

The Flight attendant chose to make this an issue. The attendant had the gate agent and their supervisors come down to the aircraft to address the problem. Now please note, this lady was not as large as the flight attendant, who at this point had become a "Drama Queen". They did charge her for another seat but the people sitting in the seat next to her did were not told to move. If you are wondering why reason they were not told to move, because they were her kids, so she had to pay or a another seat but never got it, and the flight was full ( yes this is a true story)
[post="310123"][/post]​

Now to respond to the post:

Let me give some background:

Before I came to maintenance I did a 9 month stint in Provisioning. It's the second part of your post I'd like to address first:

We have "Drama Queen" Flight attendants!? I have met some "Divas" maybe, but "Drama Queens"? I find that hard to belive.

Now to address the first post:

In light of 9-11 what the passangers did to protect their lives is well founded. We didn't "kill" anybody it was an accident. From what I remember it was dismissed by a grand jury in Utah. If I am wrong please correct me.

The Pilots that overshot the runway were fired and I haven't heard of any incidents even resembling anything like that since. I assure you the rumor mill is strong here I would have heard about something if it happened.

Finally about pilots flying naked. Lighten up sweetie. Stupid maybe but I don't think there is any danger in it.

Here a Portland Trib article regarding this story:

Lorrie Heasley says she just wanted to give her Democratic parents — waiting at Portland International Airport to meet her flight from Los Angeles — a laugh.
They never got the laugh. Because Heasley didn’t make it to the Portland airport. The Woodland, Wash., woman was kicked off her Southwest Airlines flight at a stop in Reno, Nev., on Tuesday because of the T-shirt she was wearing.
Two days later, Heasley calls it an egregious violation of her free-speech rights.
The airline says it’s simply a matter of following Southwest rules and dealing with someone whose profane T-shirt was offending other passengers.
The T-shirt Heasley was wearing was both political and profane.
It’s imprinted with photographs of President Bush, Vice President Cheney and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice with words under it alluding to a recent movie, “Meet the Fockers.â€￾ The shirt changes one letter in the movie title.
Heasley, 32, bought the T-shirt at a shop at Venice Beach, Calif. — “there were four stores down there that had them,â€￾ she says. She meant to buy the shirt for her mother, she says, but when she couldn’t find her mother’s size, she decided to buy one for herself and wear it when her parents greeted her at the airport. “Because I knew it would make them laugh,â€￾ she says.
Apparently, some of the passengers on the morning flight from Los Angeles did not share her parents’ sense of humor.
Flight attendants, saying passengers had complained, first asked Heasley when the plane stopped to let off and pick up passengers in Reno to change into other clothes, Heasley says. She told them she didn’t have any other clothes on board, but agreed to partially cover the T-shirt with her husband’s sweater. When the sweater fell down into her lap as she was napping, flight attendants asked her to change out of the T-shirt, turn it inside out or leave the plane, Heasley says.
When attendants told her that Southwest would refund her money for the flight, Heasley says, she and her husband, Ron, decided to leave the plane. But she says Southwest officials have since rejected her request for a refund. Forcing her off the plane, she says, was both ridiculous and a violation of her right to free speech.
“We have soldiers dying in Iraq to free Iraq, yet I get kicked off an airplane because of a T-shirt I was wearing,â€￾ says Heasley, who says she has voted for both Republicans and Democrats and agrees with some of the things President Bush has done. “That’s not freedom to me.â€￾
But a spokeswoman for Southwest Airlines suggests that free speech ends when the F-word begins.
“We support free speech,â€￾ says Southwest’s Beth Harbin. “But when it comes down to things that are patently offensive or threatening or profanity or just lewd … then we do have to get involved in that.â€￾
Harbin says Southwest’s “contract of carriageâ€￾ with passengers, similar to rules all airlines have, specifies that passengers can be barred from a plane if they’re wearing clothing that is “lewd, obscene or patently offensive.â€￾
“A political statement in and of itself is not unusual,â€￾ Harbin says. “We see that all the time. The basis for our concerns was the actual word used.â€￾
After leaving the airplane in Reno, the Heasleys rented a car and took two days to drive the 12 hours back to the Portland area. Heasley wore the T-shirt all the way.
“There was no way I was going to take that T-shirt off.â€￾

wnbubbleboy said:
Here a Portland Trib article regarding this story:
Two days later, Heasley calls it an egregious violation of her free-speech rights.
[post="310178"][/post]​

Someone needs to send Ms Heasley to a 9th grade civics class, where she will learn that the first amendment says that CONGRESS shall make no law denying her the right to free speech. A COMPANY can do whatever they want. I'll admit that I think the shirt is hilarious, but I'd never wear it in public since I understand that not everybody cares to read or hear the "F" word. I suppose Ms Heasley doesn't understand the concept of "common sense".

ahhh, ok, I get it. "Blatant" totally spells it out, right? Ok, so how about this tee to encourage breast exams? :up: Think the lady wearing this should get booted too?
tank_fullimage.jpg

This shirt's OK, but I would not wear the one promoting checking for testicular cancer.

This shirt's OK, but I would not wear the one promoting checking for testicular cancer.

Context is everything IMHO. This shirt reminds me of a shirt a girl from my neighborhood was wearing on her way to work. I though it was funny. It stated "I just got Nailed" which was an AD for the place she worked, a nail salon.

What would make this shirt funny would be XXXL man size with The request "Feel MY boobies".