No More Future Staples

Well your dollars per hour are nothing compared to our work rules at TW. First of all we did not have to pre-fund our retirement. Our medical insurance was free. Our pass charges were much less. Our trip trading was simple, no need for a trip trader. We had high time and low time lines and could fly has much as we wanted to. We could OE a trip <ETO> much easier. J/S was available whether the flight was full or not. All of these items add up in $$$$. Subtract all those saving to your per hour rate.

All that is great if your company is making money. TWA was on the brink and could not sustane those great contracts of yours. Face it we (AA) even had a better contract than we do now right before 9/11 and the concessions but times have changed and oil wasnt $90 a barrel either. Hopefully during our next round we can implement some of those great items you mention into a new contract. We are APFA and saying that we are not a union is just b/s.

A much shorter time than had TWA gone totally belly up! Had AA not come in with their offer, chances are that all TWA employees would be on the street with no option for recall at all. APFA protected its members as a union should do. TWAers may have got the short end of the stick but thats how things went. If APFA is so bad then why are so many recalled actually coming back?!

For certain APFA has nothing to do with TWAers coming back. APFA could have protected its members in many ways that would not have harmed the TWAers as they did. APFA did not protect its members, it could have done that in a multitude of ways with fences, etc. Instead they chose to be hateful and retaliatory. And then the sold their own members down the river with the RPA. As noted elsewhere, APFA even ignored "sweetners" AA was tossing their way.

Hateful and retalitory? I guess it all depends on your point of view.... some people find it hateful that illegal aliens have better access to free health care than citizens and legal residents do... other people find it hateful that some people think the government should take care of its citizens first, and other nationals second.

Personally, I find it hateful that anyone would believe that the people who EARNED their AA wings should be placed below those who were GIVEN their wings.

Nobody forces the TW people to stay on with AA....

Hateful and retalitory? I guess it all depends on your point of view.... some people find it hateful that illegal aliens have better access to free health care than citizens and legal residents do... other people find it hateful that some people think the government should take care of its citizens first, and other nationals second.

Personally, I find it hateful that anyone would believe that the people who EARNED their AA wings should be placed below those who were GIVEN their wings.

Everyone knows that you could not handle it. LOSER EOLESEN

NO MORE STAPLE JOBS.

Troll bait! You need to go fishing.

Staple is over with it will soon be law now. If AA acquires or merges with another airline.....guess what? The other carrier WILL get DOH. Not us, because it is not retroactive.

And BTW, the myth is that we would be BK anyway. Not true!!!!! AA required this for purchase. For God sakes.....would you all please read the agreement?

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='554506' date='Dec 20 2007, 05:32 PM']Its typical from the old guy. He has nothing better to do except drink beer and post on this bb.[/quote]
NO MORE STAPLE JOBS.

Thankfully alot of people do not share your opinion. We eagerly welcome back over 900 former TWA flight attendants that are already reaping the benefits of a APFA negotiated pay scale and benefits. TWer's will be recieving their senority for pay at $45.32 per flight hour up to 70 hours and $52.12 an hour for anything over 70 hours. In May they will go to $46.00 and $52.90 respectively.
NO MORE STAPLE JOBS.

You are right -- I'm the loser.

I lost because AA bought the rotting corpse of a once proud airline that failed not once, not twice, but three times.

The damage was done seven years ago. Get over it. Move on. It ain't gonna change.

And this legislation?

I haven't seen the language, but one of the AP articles summarized it as requiring airlines to "make sure that employee seniority lists are worked out in a fair manner during the merger process and allow the parties to enter binding arbitration if a dispute occurs."

I'm not a lawyer, but that's a far cry from saying that there will never, ever be a staple again.

An arbitrator could just as easily rule -for- a staple, especially if it is past practice for that particular company, if it is shown to not be a merger of equals, and/or one of the companies is either insolvent or on the verge of failure. That's pretty much what happened with Kasher....

If anyone has the exact language, please post it. The soundbytes from AFA-CWA are obviously going to tout their efforts, even if it turns out the actual language is worthless.

You are right -- I'm the loser.

I lost because AA bought the rotting corpse of a once proud airline that failed not once, not twice, but three times.

The damage was done seven years ago. Get over it. Move on. It ain't gonna change.

And this legislation?

I haven't seen the language, but one of the AP articles summarized it as requiring airlines to "make sure that employee seniority lists are worked out in a fair manner during the merger process and allow the parties to enter binding arbitration if a dispute occurs."

I'm not a lawyer, but that's a far cry from saying that there will never, ever be a staple again.

An arbitrator could just as easily rule -for- a staple, especially if it is past practice for that particular company, if it is shown to not be a merger of equals, and/or one of the companies is either insolvent or on the verge of failure. That's pretty much what happened with Kasher....

If anyone has the exact language, please post it. The soundbytes from AFA-CWA are obviously going to tout their efforts, even if it turns out the actual language is worthless.
NO MORE STAPLE JOBS

Well your dollars per hour are nothing compared to our work rules at TW. First of all we did not have to pre-fund our retirement. Our medical insurance was free. Our pass charges were much less. Our trip trading was simple, no need for a trip trader. We had high time and low time lines and could fly has much as we wanted to. We could OE a trip <ETO> much easier. J/S was available whether the flight was full or not. All of these items add up in $$$$. Subtract all those saving to your per hour rate.

No more STAPLE for anyone in the industry. :up:

well, maybe all of your work rules etc. was so great you had to go out of business? Point is, doesn't matter what you HAD, you don't have it anymore because TWA doesn't exist.

The staple was fair. You never worked here. We did. We didn't merge, we bought you.

I don't want government intervention in business. It's a business, not a charity case. The government should have no interference in seniority issues. Period.

If AA goes down the toilet one day, as TWA did, I don't expect someone to merge me in. You make your choices in life and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. It is what it is.

Face reality; you were on a sinking schooner for years and instead of bailing out you stayed until the end. It's a shame what happened to your company. So many of your coworkers left because they saw the writing on the wall and sought out employment at more successful airlines. Why should they be punished for seeking out greener pastures by being placed behind the holdouts? Why should any employee at AA who was here before we bought you have to give you anything?

I guess we are going to disagree for life on this.

I'm 100%, happily, behind that staple. Does it mean I want you to drop dead? No. I would like everyone to get called back. I got what was fair and that was my main issue. I just feel bad for the other work groups who had to merge TWA people in.

well, maybe all of your work rules etc. was so great you had to go out of business? Point is, doesn't matter what you HAD, you don't have it anymore because TWA doesn't exist.

The staple was fair. You never worked here. We did. We didn't merge, we bought you.

I don't want government intervention in business. It's a business, not a charity case. The government should have no interference in seniority issues. Period.

If AA goes down the toilet one day, as TWA did, I don't expect someone to merge me in. You make your choices in life and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. It is what it is.

Face reality; you were on a sinking schooner for years and instead of bailing out you stayed until the end. It's a shame what happened to your company. So many of your coworkers left because they saw the writing on the wall and sought out employment at more successful airlines. Why should they be punished for seeking out greener pastures by being placed behind the holdouts? Why should any employee at AA who was here before we bought you have to give you anything?

I guess we are going to disagree for life on this.

I'm 100%, happily, behind that staple. Does it mean I want you to drop dead? No. I would like everyone to get called back. I got what was fair and that was my main issue. I just feel bad for the other work groups who had to merge TWA people in.

You would not know "fair" if it hit you in the face.