No More Future Staples

Staple is over with it will soon be law now. If AA acquires or merges with another airline.....guess what? The other carrier WILL get DOH. Not us, because it is not retroactive.

And BTW, the myth is that we would be BK anyway. Not true!!!!! AA required this for purchase. For God sakes.....would you all please read the agreement?

The law provides for no more stapling, but does it dictate a merger on DOH, or are slotting and other forms of integration acceptable?

I was able to find this in another article. DOH is not a guarantee.... I think the result if this bill will be some sort of slotting for all future mergers.

The provision would ensure a merger process by which airline
employee seniority lists can be integrated in a fair manner. If a
dispute occurs, the parties can engage in binding arbitration. This
provision would make it harder for one airline or union to add the
employees of another airline or union to the bottom of the seniority
list. Thousands of former TWA flight attendants lost their
seniority after American Airlines acquired TWA and were furloughed
after September 11. This provision would help prevent such
occurrences in the future.

I was able to find this in another article. DOH is not a guarantee.... I think the result if this bill will be some sort of slotting for all future mergers.

The provision would ensure a merger process by which airline
employee seniority lists can be integrated in a fair manner. If a
dispute occurs, the parties can engage in binding arbitration. This
provision would make it harder for one airline or union to add the
employees of another airline or union to the bottom of the seniority
list. Thousands of former TWA flight attendants lost their
seniority after American Airlines acquired TWA and were furloughed
after September 11. This provision would help prevent such
occurrences in the future.

Yes, I understand it calls for arbitration. But I would like to see the language also. You can read the language of the seven year extension and what APFA gave up for it. Be nice to see the final language of this Bill also. I do not believe it has anything to do with DOH. Parties would argue their positions in front of an arbitrator as did American West and US Air pilots. Of course US Air pilots are screaming unfair because they feel the Air West pilots got the better deal. Both pilot groups belonged to ALPA. There really has to be some failure to follow the rules of seniority integration to overturn an arbitration. So the US Air pilots are trying to pull out of ALPA and start their own union. US Air pilots went in demanding DOH and when they did not get it they cried foul. From my point of view they were too rigid to negotiate. We'll see how this turns out.

Latest posts