Non rev fares doubled

Jul 22, 2007
Was just checking some fares on the ETC and found that a fare from AUS to PHX, which was approximately $76.00 three days ago is now $141.00.

Pass bureau has confirmed that "somebody," without any warning, has doubled these non-rev fares overnight.

And just in time for summer travel.

Thanks, Doug. That really shows what you think of your people.

NLC

Was just checking some fares on the ETC and found that a fare from AUS to PHX, which was approximately $76.00 three days ago is now $141.00.

Pass bureau has confirmed that "somebody," without any warning, has doubled these non-rev fares overnight.

And just in time for summer travel.

Thanks, Doug. That really shows what you think of your people.

NLC

Is this for Buddy Pass Rates?

Yes, that's correct.

Pretty sick, eh?

NLC

I just looked DCA/PBI up it used to be $76.50 now it's $141.00

These a$$holes...Looks like they doubled the Rates from $25 to $50, $30 to $60, $35 to $70, $40 to $80 and so on...I wonder how much they are charging for Hawaii & Europe now...This is just plane ridiculous for our Buddy Pass folks but you do have to admit $141.00 is still cheaper than an actual ticket between PBI/DCA going for $300-350 these days :(

i am checking on this. i will find out and let you guys know. if this has been done it's pure bull####.

Just wrong! Its hard enough to travel SA7P with the flights being so full and now you want to double the fare? Dougie can shove it!

i am checking on this. i will find out and let you guys know. if this has been done it's pure bull####.

Hey buddy,

I checked 22 markets so far and all of them have doubled in price but wait until YOU take a look at Hawaii and Europe...You think someone would want to fly SA7P across the pond paying these exorbitant fares and being treated as dirt... $500 does not bode well...Now the prices are worse than United's buddy pass system.

OMG!! I just priced PHL - CDG and it was 508.00!!! Are you kidding me??

Last time I checked it, it was about 230ish.

And you know the whole reason they didnt anounce it was so that you couldnt book ahead of time to get it at the cheaper price. They came in like a theif in the night and jacked the price with no warning!!

OMG!! I just priced PHL - CDG and it was 508.00!!! Are you kidding me??

Last time I checked it, it was about 230ish.

The brain-trust in Tempe isn't kidding it's $508...welcome to the new world...oh and they think we're dumber than a block of bricks and would not notice...I feel bad for all these SA7Pers now :( How is US supposed to get more revenue if the SA7P folks don't even help contribute a small portion of $ to a flight.

Latest posts

Back