Non rev fares doubled

Friends would turn into enemies quickly if I issued a buddy pass to them at these current pricing rates. The flights are all overbooked as it is, then you travel SA7P which bottom of the line, and the price you pay is almost that of a regular ticket?! Gee sounds like a real winner <_<

I removed the person on my registered guest list and I am in the process of taking my parents off the terrm pass as I informed them that it is not a good idea to fly on my passes. Also my dad who has been retired from DL as a STA MGR for 7 yrs now has never flown on US since I started and he doesnt miss the airline world at all

today 6/13/08...expedia....mco-phl for july 3 .....$63.00......each way....yea a companion pass is a real deal...lol

Can I just remind everyone that premerger on the EAST it was $400 to FRA and $100+ Transcon. for a buddy pass, and we had an annual fee deducted every pay for the privilege of non-reving. This is nothing new to some of us.

Hey reznc. I'm with ya. As a now "outsider" looking in, I really don't understand all the hulabalu over raising buddy pass fares. Good grief. The entire transportation industry in our homeland is threatened by outta control fuel prices. If I was still with US Airways (west) I would expect the company to take whatever measures on matters like buddy passes to help keep me from being laid off. My advice if your up in arms over it, next time you fill up imagine being laid off, Tell your Congress person to freaking support extracting our own freaking energy. Unfreaking real how our government has not had the foresight to see this situation coming.

Now You know how it feels like to get Screwed
You did'nt care when we Retires lost our S3 Status
after working for more than 35 and 40 Years for the Company
If it was'nt for Us, half of You would'nt have a Job to give
out Buddy Passes!

I removed the person on my registered guest list and I am in the process of taking my parents off the terrm pass as I informed them that it is not a good idea to fly on my passes. Also my dad who has been retired from DL as a STA MGR for 7 yrs now has never flown on US since I started and he doesnt miss the airline world at all
Removing your parents makes no sense. If they're on, they qualify for an ED20 and get a seat instead of being on the space available list.

Thanks for the "advance warning" of raising the companion prices...I told someone last week it would cost them $150.00 r/t...went to buy the pass a few days later...$255.00 r/t....throw in the S/7 status on a tight flight....I advised to purchase a space pos. or drive....

Latest posts

Back