non-rev in first?

Oh, ok. When I print a standby list at AA it is everyone in priority order--oversolds, upgrade requests, revenue standbys, non-revs, and OAL employees. Makes it impossible for an agent to mess with the list if you are willing to go to the effort to keep checking it.

Agents just aren't using their heads when they mess with the standby list - especially with nonrevs because we can easily check how they've assigned seats. It happened to me once when I was in STT flying home and was told there was one seat in FC. I handed the agent my upgrade and suddenly this seat was no longer available. I could tell they were messing with the list - so as soon as I got back to my station I checked and low and behold - they gave an SA7 the seat (I was SA1). I immediately called the station manager for him to know what was going on and I believe this SA7 didn't even have an upgrade coupon.

Yet YOU still got screwed. The option to "screw" with the list shouldn't be there. I have worked flights where I have watched agents fill the f/c cabin with other agents or employees from that base I KNOW while f/a's and pilots are sitting in coach. I also went to check in for a flight and the agent said he wasn't clearing stand-by's yet. Well go figure, a girl a year junior to me walks up and he's all over her like white on rice. She walks away with her boarding pass. I said, "Well even though I don't have boobies (i used a different word) can I have my boarding pass now?

Just FYI, I put my complaint in writing to my base manager, and attached the standby list. Once it is written down, they can not just ignore it--or, as has happened on other complaints, give the agent a slap on the wrist and make him/her promise never to do it again.

Yet YOU still got screwed. The option to "screw" with the list shouldn't be there. I have worked flights where I have watched agents fill the f/c cabin with other agents or employees from that base I KNOW while f/a's and pilots are sitting in coach. I also went to check in for a flight and the agent said he wasn't clearing stand-by's yet. Well go figure, a girl a year junior to me walks up and he's all over her like white on rice. She walks away with her boarding pass. I said, "Well even though I don't have boobies (i used a different word) can I have my boarding pass now?

Just know that the pilots and f/as in coach probably were "must rides" on company business (deadheading). If so they are not standbys, so don't get your panties in a wad worrying about them. I know most employees' first reaction is to think that they are getting special treatment from agents, it just is not so...we hate to deadhead.

Agents just aren't using their heads when they mess with the standby list - especially with nonrevs because we can easily check how they've assigned seats. It happened to me once when I was in STT flying home and was told there was one seat in FC. I handed the agent my upgrade and suddenly this seat was no longer available. I could tell they were messing with the list - so as soon as I got back to my station I checked and low and behold - they gave an SA7 the seat (I was SA1). I immediately called the station manager for him to know what was going on and I believe this SA7 didn't even have an upgrade coupon.

I had something similar happen to me in FCO. I listed as an SA1, had an upgrade coupon, but they gave the last Envoy seat to an SA7 who wasn't dressed for it and spent 5 minutes digging through her bag to find her credit card to pay for it. Then she turns around to me and said, "Oh-emm-gee, first class!!!!" and ran off to the bus. To say I was pissed would be putting it nicely. Luckily though I still got on the plane...in the last row of Y.