Non-rev policy change

I am retired US and if the AA non-rev system goes through, I know domestic travel is free, but does AA charge a fee for international flights and what procedures are there for moving to F/C?

dash8roa said:
I am retired US and if the AA non-rev system goes through, I know domestic travel is free, but does AA charge a fee for international flights and what procedures are there for moving to F/C?
Since both active and retired AA employees have the same priority (D2), you just have to request first class when you list.  Also there is a charge for international flights

QQAAramp said:
Since both active and retired AA employees have the same priority (D2), you just have to request first class when you list.  Also there is a charge for international flights
US international travel is free,what are the charges on AA for travel to Europe? Just looking for a rough idea on the fees. Thanks.

Charges used to be something like $50 Y/$100 J/$200 F for long-haul international, and higher for ultra-long haul.
Taxes where applicable are on top of that.

Canada/Mexico/Carib had a lower fee structure.

Fees on AA were set up to be more of a deterrent than anything else. Revenue customers would rather have the empty seat next to them than a non-rev wearing a polyester leisure suit from the 1970's...

International DFW/LHR for a retiree (25+) is

4753 miles

$84.70 F, $44.70 J, $0Y

plus trip value tax

Here's the charges for dfw to lhr

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-20-08-42-45.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-20-08-42-45.png
    456.3 KB · Views: 158
I see they went up in J and Y, but stayed the same in F... for all the complaining about service fees, AA hasn't really changed the fee structure at all during the last 20 years.

$200 for DFW-LHR in lie-flat F is a steal. You'll pay at least that much for a decent hotel room in London.

Jan 1 another change that non-revs might not notice until the last minute when boarding and watching the list.

International long haul Atlantic, Latin America and Europe pilot deadheads are business class or better positive space.

Mach85ER said:
Jan 1 another change that non-revs might not notice until the last minute when boarding and watching the list.

International long haul Atlantic, Latin America and Europe pilot deadheads are business class or better positive space.

They always were must ride and always managed to sit up front. Been going on for years. I believe they go A1 or A3 depending on the situation.

Latest posts