Non-rev policy change

1AA said:
I heard that the America West people used the same as AA. So I guess they still would like to see their old method come back.

That is correct. It was changed after feedback/poll was taken and US Airways policy was adopted.

AA being the bigger employee group, their policy will remain unless they don't participate in the surveys and their opinions not heard.

I'll vote for the fairer system of FCFS.

jimntx said:
The agent at DFW would not even discuss issuing my boarding pass until after boarding had begun. 
{snip}
Had a very similar experience at BHM on return; once again sat in exit row for free instead of paying the taxes and fees to sit in F/C.
You can't fix stupid... I always considered nonrevs willing to pay for an upgrade as free revenue....

Jager said:
One clause I think is a bit hypocritical is no "jump suits or running suits in first class. But you can change into them while the flight is under way. 

I remember flying to Hawaii under the "Crandall Error" (pun intended) in a suit and tie while it looked like flower fest on every shirt in FC.. Then  had an FA tell me to change back into my suit and tie from a coordinated running suit 2 hours out or she will write me up...
Rules are for the 'other' people.

jimntx said:
E, one would think that the agents would want to get all boarding passes distributed before boarding even begins.  However, on my last non-rev trip, I was listed for F/C to/from BHM.  (I just happen to like the extra room in F/C regardless of the length of the flight; so, I'm willing to pay something for it.)  The agent at DFW would not even discuss issuing my boarding pass until after boarding had begun.  (There were 3 Revenue passengers in F/C, no upgrade requests, and 2 other non-revs beside me for 16 seats.)  When another agent arrived to assist with boarding, I asked him if there was an exit row seat available.  He immediately issued me the requested exit row, aisle seat.

Had a very similar experience at BHM on return; once again sat in exit row for free instead of paying the taxes and fees to sit in F/C.
I always felt that for some agents it was a control issue.  Most of the times when I flew, if the flight was open the agents issued a BP right away.  If the flight was full and they were waiting till the dust settled then I get it.

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
Guess you need to comprehend the word MAYBE:
"40 (D) Free and reduced rate on-line transportation will be provided in
41 accordance with Company Policy."

All the rest of what you posted was travel other than the clause above. According to the CBA, they can change the company policy to eliminate travel altogether and there would be no recourse because of the language above.

Reactions: 2 people
Question,---- even though I think I know the answer, if something should happen to me, would my widow still retain travel privileges?

MCI transplant said:
Question,---- even though I think I know the answer, if something should happen to me, would my widow still retain travel privileges?
Unless things have changed, yes. In the old days, a surviving spouse be issued a new card with your employee number and SW as the employee code. I'm assuming HR does something similar in Jetnet.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Just a heads up for the AA folks.. I found a link on the “mobile” USair Flight Status page that displays the standby list and where you fall after you hit the kiosk... I’ve been flying non rev stby on USair a lot and the folks I've encountered at USair, whether it be agents, f/a's, ground crew, are very nice and informative people.. No offense to my AA friends.. I just think USAir people just haven’t been drinking the kool aid laced with vinegar like us..[/SIZE]

Reactions: 1 person
Jager said:
[SIZE=10.5pt]Just a heads up for the AA folks.. I found a link on the “mobile” USair Flight Status page that displays the standby list and where you fall after you hit the kiosk... I’ve been flying non rev stby on USair a lot and the folks I've encountered at USair, whether it be agents, f/a's, ground crew, are very nice and informative people.. No offense to my AA friends.. I just think USAir people just haven’t been drinking the kool aid laced with vinegar like us..[/SIZE]

I'm glad to hear you had a good experience.  They don't put vinegar in our kool aid.  They use brimstone.  Much more effective.  

I wonder which will survive the merger, or maybe they'll just use both?

John John is back to say how bad the AA way is (never using it himself, just because he is not going to be able to walk up at the last minute and enjoy he can kick someone off an airplane because he has been employed one day more than someone else. Get over it, learn how to game as you call it.

Reactions: 5 people

Latest posts