Non-rev trip report

urpius pilot

Aug 9, 2004
I read so much all the time on this forum about how bad things are. Well, I non-reved last Thursday BOS-DCA-FLL and returned FLL-PHL-BOS on Monday. All flights were virtually full. On Monday the FLL-PHL leg was my third try to get on a flight as the first two were sold out. At FLL the amount of checked baggage was positively overwhelming. TSA screening was going very slowly. The stress level must have been very high for the US Airways staff.

I know that it has been a difficult transition to the new computer system but I was so very impressed with the attitude of everyone working at all of these airports on this busy spring break weekend. Kudos to everyone working these flights this past weekend. From check-in to inflight to bag claim everything was great. Thanks for making it possible for me to enjoy a great weekend in FLL. I was so proud to be associated with the people who make this airline work. Hang in there. You are doing a great job.

For 20 plus year EVERY management team has done their best to screw and destroy US. That continues to this day and the other thing that continues is that the front line employees keep the airline afloat......

I read so much all the time on this forum about how bad things are. Well, I non-reved last Thursday BOS-DCA-FLL and returned FLL-PHL-BOS on Monday. All flights were virtually full. On Monday the FLL-PHL leg was my third try to get on a flight as the first two were sold out. At FLL the amount of checked baggage was positively overwhelming. TSA screening was going very slowly. The stress level must have been very high for the US Airways staff.

I know that it has been a difficult transition to the new computer system but I was so very impressed with the attitude of everyone working at all of these airports on this busy spring break weekend. Kudos to everyone working these flights this past weekend. From check-in to inflight to bag claim everything was great. Thanks for making it possible for me to enjoy a great weekend in FLL. I was so proud to be associated with the people who make this airline work. Hang in there. You are doing a great job.

Well I also have a POSITIVE Non Rev Experience from this past week. I had to fly to FLA for to a Family Memebers Funeral. Flew out Thurs morning from PHL-JAX. The agent working the flight handled himself in a very Profesional maner. The Flight was running a few minutes late due an inbound delay. I checked in with him to inform him that I had a few Buddy Pass Travels going with me. Thanks to our poor system, he had to Manually rearange the standby list to place them traveling with me. Bottom line is we all got on and My mom and I had row 4 A&C with the center seat open. There were only 11 Seats open on the flight. Thank You for the extra room. On the return out of TPA, STUPID ME, I tried to check in at a Kiosk. CANT DO IT AS A NON_REV ! ! ! ! Anyway, the agent at the counter check all five of us in, again rearanging the standby list to show the SA7's Traveling with me, a SA3. Got down to the Gate, and the agent had all our seats ready for us. Again Thank You. Got onboard, had a chat with the F/A and she comped our drinks all the way up to PHL, again THANK YOU.

We only have each other, because Management could care less about us. To my fellow Employees.... THANK YOU ! ! !

Well I also have a POSITIVE Non Rev Experience from this past week. I had to fly to FLA for to a Family Memebers Funeral. Flew out Thurs morning from PHL-JAX. The agent working the flight handled himself in a very Profesional maner. The Flight was running a few minutes late due an inbound delay. I checked in with him to inform him that I had a few Buddy Pass Travels going with me. Thanks to our poor system, he had to Manually rearange the standby list to place them traveling with me. Bottom line is we all got on and My mom and I had row 4 A&C with the center seat open. There were only 11 Seats open on the flight. Thank You for the extra room. On the return out of TPA, STUPID ME, I tried to check in at a Kiosk. CANT DO IT AS A NON_REV ! ! ! ! Anyway, the agent at the counter check all five of us in, again rearanging the standby list to show the SA7's Traveling with me, a SA3. Got down to the Gate, and the agent had all our seats ready for us. Again Thank You. Got onboard, had a chat with the F/A and she comped our drinks all the way up to PHL, again THANK YOU.

We only have each other, because Management could care less about us. To my fellow Employees.... THANK YOU ! ! !
when you having "buddies" traveling with you you need to make sure they are listed correctly---your status. So whomever made the res made the mistake

Its not that a mistake was made as the ETC lists anyone traveling with a buddy pass as a SA7P. You will just need to call the pass line with all the records so the agent can confirm you are trvling together and just ask that the buddy pass trvlers are moved to your status. Mama

when you having "buddies" traveling with you you need to make sure they are listed correctly---your status. So whomever made the res made the mistake
That would be the ETC. And as far as using a Kiosk, Lets ask TAD since I was in TPA. The Machines seem to be different from the ones we have in our station. I have also used the ones in TPA previously but could not this time. The nice young lady at the counter informed me I could not check in with the Kiosk.

Its not that a mistake was made as the ETC lists anyone traveling with a buddy pass as a SA7P. You will just need to call the pass line with all the records so the agent can confirm you are trvling together and just ask that the buddy pass trvlers are moved to your status. Mama
youre quite right...the etc did not make a mistake...it charged them correctly the employee then needs to take the extra step andmake sure they are listed correctly...for anyone in res....puhleease....before you list someone....look up the lsiting...have had almost every non rev listed incorrectly even though the non rev/employee told them their status....its under shift o......

And as far as using a Kiosk, Lets ask TAD since I was in TPA. The Machines seem to be different from the ones we have in our station. I have also used the ones in TPA previously but could not this time. The nice young lady at the counter informed me I could not check in with the Kiosk.

We seem to be having some issues with our kiosks. Not sure if the record/tkt were in sync or out so that may have been a problem. I have had a couple nonrevs use the kiosks since cutover, but also had some that couldnt. I've given up trying to figure out why things happen on them any more and just deal with it when they dont work right for no appearant reason. I have only been at kiosk a couple days since cutover and dont remember nonrevs specifically not being able to check in at them. Might have been a res/ticket issue instead. Or not, who knows anymore? :blink: :p

youre quite right...the etc did not make a mistake...it charged them correctly the employee then needs to take the extra step andmake sure they are listed correctly...for anyone in res....puhleease....before you list someone....look up the lsiting...have had almost every non rev listed incorrectly even though the non rev/employee told them their status....its under shift o......

You are quite right. No one should be listed without checking shift O, not only for priority and year of hire but to make sure they are allowed flight bennies. For west employees the number of space avail listings and priority levels has increased and there really has been no training. Shocking, NOT. My only advice is to know your priority and just tell the agent. Mama

We seem to be having some issues with our kiosks. Not sure if the record/tkt were in sync or out so that may have been a problem. I have had a couple nonrevs use the kiosks since cutover, but also had some that couldnt. I've given up trying to figure out why things happen on them any more and just deal with it when they dont work right for no appearant reason. I have only been at kiosk a couple days since cutover and dont remember nonrevs specifically not being able to check in at them. Might have been a res/ticket issue instead. Or not, who knows anymore? :blink: :p
tad we are having a lot on non revs that call and the agent on the other end never tickets the rez...it takes but 2 seconds....maybe this is why they are unable to check in on the kiosk????

tad we are having a lot on non revs that call and the agent on the other end never tickets the rez...it takes but 2 seconds....maybe this is why they are unable to check in on the kiosk????
I Was Ticketed !!!!!
Had them with me. Electronic for myself and Mom and Paper Tickets for the Companion Pass Riders.... One thing that needs to be brought back to the Stations, is the ability to List Companion Pass Riders as well as the Phone Listing, which I understand they ( IT ) is working on.