Wow..Non-Rev trip review

With the EXCEPTION of the wholly owned Regionals (PSA and Piedmont) consistency has always been a problem in the delivery of a product. Piedmont has always been at the Top. PSA was generally pretty good but turnover has really hit their operation. Air Wisc usually runs a good operation and their people are professional. Recently I encountered one of the most pleasant crews on Mesa (yes, even Mesa has some good people-YOU HEARD IT HERE) but the real problem stems from either NO LEADERSHIP in the EXPRESS Division (hell, there is no one in charge at Mainline either) or that the operational guidelines are so vague/loose every carrier interprets RULES and Service as they see fit. You sure as heck don't see that at AA Eagle.

I empathize with the plight of the mainline folks, but that doesn't excuse poor behavior. If the job sucks that much, then quit.

I've had jobs worse than that -- food service paying minimum wage with no overtime and no benefits (McD's is actually better than that), night shift at a convenience store for min wage + $1.50 only to get robbed twice in six months, and inventory service where some weeks are 110 hours and some are 5 or 10.

With such unreliable and persistently low income, I didn't work there very long. I just don't understand why US employees are sticking around forever when it's obvious it ill never get better, not to mention other airlines (and most industries) are hiring.

I will say that US employees aren't the worst; they're actually pretty nice all things considered, but there's just too many that are not happy and make the customer join them in their misery, and they need to go.

The problem is with such a lovely outlook on life,most of them probably couldn't pass muster at a job interview anywhere else. And those that could were smart enough to see the handwriting on the wall and left for greener pastures years ago.

Honestly, PHKfa88 I have to say that when it comes to being treated exceptionally well by the flight crew, US is the hands down winner IMO.

Sadly when it comes to being treated really crappy, US Airways is also the winner. There seems to be no middle ground.

Now the great news is the crappy flight crew comes along my path maybe once every 18 months, if that. The splendid experiences far out weigh the bad ones.

Consistency is what's missing and that IMO is a Management issue.

Ahhh...your just pissed off that Doogie took your coat closet away.