Non Rev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how it works at NWA but at AA the FA's have nothing to do with the count.

We have scanners at the jet bridge entrance and the boarding passes are scaned through. I have yet to be on a flight where the numbers were off. I have been the last person on a a/c several times and when that was the case, there has not been an open seat yet.

I would not think that the cockpit / fa's would want to leave if the count were not accurate (especially in this day and age. If I had to make a guess, there are some facts that are missing and assumptions that are being used in their place.

Not sure how it works at NWA but at AA the FA's have nothing to do with the count.

We have scanners at the jet bridge entrance and the boarding passes are scaned through.

Garfield--

NW does it the same way. IF there's a discrepancy the CSA goes onto the plane and does "physical head count," or an empty seat count.

PTO is reading/assuming too much into this.

Before departure the physical count and the system count should match. In this case they didn't. Either there were two empty seats or there were two people on board that shouldn't have been there. This was never verified and the aircraft departed with an inaccurate count. When I left the gate they were still trying to figure out who was in the two empty seats and the aircraft had been pushed back from the gate.

How do you know it wasn't reconciled immediately thereafter (before the plane left the concourse area)? I guarantee you it didn't take off without that matter being resolved.
Are you just upset that you were bumped off the flight when you might of had a shot at making it? If so, get used to it. It's one of the unfortunate realities of the non-revenue travel you hold so dear.

PTO is reading/assuming too much into this.
How do you know it wasn't reconciled immediately thereafter (before the plane left the concourse area)? Are you just upset that you were bumped off the flight when you might of had a shot at making it? If so, get used to it. It's one of the unfortunate realities of the non-revenue travel you hold so dear.

I am not reading/assuming anything. It was an inaccurate count and that is all there is to it. I didn't really expect to get on that flight, as it was I was just there because you can never tell. There were four other flights for me to catch so I wasn't particularly worried about it. I have very much learned the pit-falls of flying stand-by so me missing a flight that i didn't expect to get is really no big. There were two csa's at the gate. When the CSA returned to the gate from the aircraft at least thirty people were still standing in the isles shoving their carry-ons into impossible places. They shut the door and we returned to the gate were they then tried to figure out what went wrong with the count. While we were standing there the aircraft pushed back and departed. She never went back aboard that aircraft to get an actual headcount or empty seat count. She took the F/A's word that there were no seats left on the aircraft. If this is true, how did I get issued a seat number? I am certain the F/A didn't count each person that boarded nor could she tell that all seats were full with the number of people still standing in the isles. Which made me think of Bear96's proposal. The csa's then gave up on the count so they could get the passengers that volunteered to wait for another flight taken care of. when that was done she set me up for another flight, then they went back to figuring out what went wrong with the count. That is when I left. That aircraft left with an inaccurate count, that is just the way it is.

The answer is no I am not upset about getting bumped off that flight. All I was saying the service on my flights has been excellent save that one incident. To this day I do not know what went wrong. Either the F/A lied and the assigned to me was empty and the aircraft flew that way or she was telling the truth and that seat was filled by some unknown person. Maybe they figured out where the glitch was after I left, and after the aircraft left I might add. Either way the aircraft departed with an inaccurate count.

I am not reading/assuming anything. It was an inaccurate count and that is all there is to it. Either way the aircraft departed with an inaccurate count.
If that is the case which I highly doubt, NWA was in serious violation of FAA Regs. and could face steep fines...get over the paranoia PTO, you were bumped simply because there was no vacant seat, or perhaps SCABS are not as highly valued at The Red Tail as you wished :p

OK local I'm beginning to get a little worried about you. Have you been hanging out with a Scab in Amsterdam?
PTO thanks for your concern, but I assure you that I am fine. I would'nt have a Beer with a Scab in Hades if it was all there was to drink. On the other hand I would enjoy visiting Amsterdam with all its rich culture and art, among other things!... :up:

I am sorry to disappoint you or dash your hopes but no it does not. I would be willing to bet that your union rep is ready for you to give him an assist though. He is going to charge you sixty bucks first though. Now run along and go pay the Piper.

I am sorry to disappoint you or dash your hopes but no it does not. I would be willing to bet that your union rep is ready for you to give him an assist though. He is going to charge you sixty bucks first though. Now run along and go pay the Piper.
First of all PTO, I am a dues objector from my beloved Union. Im sure you have no Idea what that means so I will just let you look it up yourself...second, when you decided to cross a picket line you already stuck it to the AMT including yourself...And lastly We all pay the Piper Lad, and you can rest assured your day will come!

PTO.....Titim gan éirí ort!

It is too late for that. You can wish all the ill will you want on me but it will do no good. I do hope the best for your future Local.
PTO my statement was not meant to wish "ill" will on you personally, but instead on how you are assisting in the devaluing of my chosen trade. You can spin it any way you like, but the fact is by choosing to cross a picket line you are assisting in the destruction of Organized Labor and putting downward pressure on the middle class in general.

In a number of your post you have no less than Insulted the very trade you have chosen by making mockery of It! I don't need to quote you, its permanent record now for all to read. there is NO Honor in what your doing, for you it is just thirty pieces of silver!

It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles. ~Niccolo Machiavelli

... but the fact is by choosing to cross a picket line you are assisting in the destruction of Organized Labor and putting downward pressure on the middle class in general.
You are correct in the assisting of the destruction of organized labor. The simple fact remains that organized labor is as much the problem as the companies. I do not understand why you guys cannot comprehend the fact that unionism needs a facelift.
In a number of your post you have no less than Insulted the very trade you have chosen by making mockery of It!
I can see where in some of my post that one would think that I was making a mockery of the profession. I assure you that this is not the intended effect. It is just that there are some people here that attempt to pump this job up into something that it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back