Non Rev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone that lives there and wishes to fly home on their long three day weekends. If Northwest wishes to run such a lean maintenance program they really should come up with a way to track non-reving mechanics. I don't think they realize how many mechanics they have out there flying around, chances are some are well placed to address some of these issues. Had someone given him a call he could have fixed the problem that cancelled the flight to begin with.

The problem I am having with this is that there was another airport 130 miles away compared to the one they brought us to that is 270 miles away. Does this make any sense?

Yes, PTO it makes perfect sense to someone with knowledge of Flight Operations. Just because there's an airport that's close on the map does not mean that it's a legal and suitable alternate. A lot goes into selecting an alternate such as weather conditions, airport facilities, aircraft and crew capabilities (i.e. Cat II/CatIII) etc, etc....This is why they pay the dispatchers and crew the big bucks.

NO, NO, NO... It had nothing to do with the above mentioned. It certainly had nothing to do with customer concern. NWA has regular flights to and from the closer airport. This was done simply to have the aircraft we were flying in a more favorable location for Northwest, or Mesaba rather, to make it easier for them to reroute that aircraft for another flight. The weather prevented us from landing at the destination airport. This is true fact. Here is where the lies and BS starts... "We are low on fuel and will fly to and alternate airport to refuel and then fly back when the weather clears." Half way to the alternate airport "If the weather does not clear you will be bused to the destination airport. Or you will be given hotels and flown back to the destination airport in the morning." Alternate airport..."There will be a bus here in thirty minutes to drive you to the destination airport." Two hours and ten minutes later the bus shows up. The guys that opted for the hotel then fly to the destination airport, they got to fly to MEM first then got to make a connection going to the destination airport. By the time we landed at the alternate airport the weather had cleared at the destination airport. So if fuel was the original concern a simple hop to the closer airport would have been the thing to do for a quick refuel. They never intended to dispatch that aircraft to complete that flight. It was all a bunch of BS.

the weather at the closer airport could have been worse and they opted to go the further one. I know because at my airport, there are two airports--AVP and PHL--about 65 miles each way and in two different directions, but the alternate on the release out fo the orignation city usually shows ADW or JFK. once in a while MDT shows up on it. But the crew made the decision most likeyl because it would have reduced the landing weight making a stop roll out a lot smoother

Hey robbed... :lol: you left your brain back in your country. You really need to quit running that buffer, the chemicals are having an effect on you. Also quit talking to all the people that you know in the aviation industry because they are having a hell of a time pulling your chains.

Hey robbed... :lol: you left your brain back in your country. You really need to quit running that buffer, the chemicals are having an effect on you. Also quit talking to all the people that you know in the aviation industry because they are having a hell of a time pulling your chains.

Go easy on him, PTO. I didn't mention each and every thing that goes into selecting an alternate. Yes, Mesaba served that airport. In the same equipment (i.e. aircraft type?), Which runway was in use?, Did it have ILS? VASI? Was is a BCRS approach? I could continue until the cows came home but my point that just because Mesaba served that airport doesn't mean in waa a suitable alternate for that flight on thatday. Yes, they could be considering positioning, but I doubt it.

...Which runway was in use?, Did it have ILS? VASI? Was is a BCRS approach? I could continue until the cows came home but my point that just because Mesaba served that airport doesn't mean in waa a suitable alternate for that flight on thatday. Yes, they could be considering positioning, but I doubt it.

Another "non-technical" issue may have been a lack of physical space, gate(s), or personnel to work the flight. No point going to city XYZ, if you're just going to get stacked like cordwood out on a taxiway somewhere....Could have been something as simple as being the 5th or 6th plane trying to get into to a station that can only handle four.

How many times do I got to tell you that I live in AMERICA not a FOREIGN NATION. In fact I have never even been overseas for anything. Are you from Mars or VENUS? I know that when there is weather, an alternate is usually listed on the release and it doesnt have to be just one alt. but the alternate must have as good weather as possible go figure that out scab My brain has been attatched to my head since the day I was born not sure you even have one but let me know if you do have a brain

How many times do I got to tell you that I live in AMERICA not a FOREIGN NATION. In fact I have never even been overseas for anything. Are you from Mars or VENUS? I know that when there is weather, an alternate is usually listed on the release and it doesnt have to be just one alt. but the alternate must have as good weather as possible go figure that out scab My brain has been attatched to my head since the day I was born not sure you even have one but let me know if you do have a brain

Robbed,
Perhaps he should ask his ALPA co-workers about all of this. He should explain that he's brand-new and got his first job with the airlines, and that he's eager to learn all he can about it. I'm sure they'd be overjoyed to explain it to him.

It is a simple matter of logical deductions. It is blatantly clear and simple. If they had any intentions of doing what they said they were going to do we would have simply refueled and taken off again.

That is true Peaches. but the thing is how much can the pilots stand of those low down dirty rotten smellin scabs like pto?

PTO the weather may not of been good for the pilots to take off or land at the destination or the crew even one member could have been very low on time or out of time. once that happens the plane cant go. how hard is it for you to understand? fogot you are are nothing but a smellin low down dirty scab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back