Non-reving Puppy?!?

legacy-to-LCC

Veteran
Feb 20, 2004
Hey folks,
While on vacation i "acquired" a puppy...I need to fly both of us home tomorrow (CAK-BNA)! What, if any, non-rev policies apply to taking pets on board? He has a carrier case and will fit under the seat.
Thanks for any information you can provide!!! There is a policy of selective enforcement among agents in different stations; I don't want to be caught of guard!!!
be well,
pjn

I brought my puppy quite a few times on Mainline. Express I don't know about. It doesn't cost anything to bring him aboard, but if you check him, it's about $50.00. The best kind of carrier to have is a Sherpa or a soft sided bag. That way it will fit under all the seats. Good luck!

I brought a kitten home from TYS to SAN and the deal is, it is free but subject to space availability. I had to buy a "pet ticket" for $100, but got it back when I got to SAN. Not knowing any differently, I listed my kitty but was told that was a no-no, as ALL pets are FCFS and if we list, then we throw off the count. There are only two cabin pets per mainline and one for express. If there are no openings in the cabin, then Fido or Fluffy has to go "down under."

A word about that. Despite what you may have heard from TV or newspaper, my kitties were treated like royalty when they flew. One time I was panic-stricken when they didn't appear right away and I feared the worst. I shouldn't have. The baggage crew was playing with them! (That's whay I always ask the pet's name. An escapee dog or cat seldom comes to "Hey YOU!"

Hoep you and puppy are both well.

Another note. While the ERJ can accomodate live animals in the cargo hold,

the CRJ cannot.

Latest posts

Back