Northwest Mechanics Sue Airline Over Talks

scab scraper said:
BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lets SUE the ones that feed us BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I know, you twu corporate sympathiser unionist would never want to get aggressive against your friends at headquarters.

seed said:
I think he was relating to this post Bob.
[post="239304"][/post]​

I find it very interesting how you seem to know so much about what CIO means by his post.

You two must be from the same mother, because you sure type and think alike!

Strake said:
check this out! 

Name:  "Tex" of the TWU
Email:
Employer: AA
Station: DFW
Date: Wednesday January 12, 2005
Time: 08:22:03 PM
Comments

This is picture of a United Airlines 777 that we are doing the return to leaser check, the company that owns the airplane contracted AA and negotiated the contract for the check. I don't think they wanted AMFA mechanics to do the work. Hey United mechanics what happened to "full pay till the last day" ?  Seems you softened your position once again.  What a bargaining powerhouse!!!  The TWU keeping its members employed!
[post="239005"][/post]​

Well it seems that they went with the cheaper price. TWU is winning the race to the bottom!!! Companies no longer need scabs, they just need the TWU!!!

We saw that aircraft here at JFK, right after it left there, it stayed here for around a week. It didnt look like that though, it was painted in Air India colors. Did AFW paint it too?

Here they had Ual guys working on it, non-union contractors working on it and we worked on it. Anyone can go into the companys hangars and work, funny but the IAM and AMFA dont let us do the same over where they are.

QUOTE(scab scraper @ Jan 14 2005, 02:19 AM)
BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lets SUE the ones that feed us BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That belongs right next to;
These guys (AMFA) are all about bleeding n=money from the company(and giving it to the workers).

And;

"The TWU is democratically structured like a corporation".

United Invicable!!!

So we are scabs for doing contract work? Identify scab. All of MCIE soon to be furloughed or scabs? Must be a new definition or different rendition.

Point being. The TWU accomplished work on a contract a/c, wether it was a return to leaser, or if it was an UA outsource of AMFA work, it was still contract work, and you want to call your union brothers scabs for performing this work.

Had AMFA performed work on a TWU a/c, would they also be scabs? Of course not in this forum.

seed said:
So we are scabs for doing contract work? Identify scab. All of MCIE soon to be furloughed or scabs? Must be a new definition or different rendition.

Point being. The TWU accomplished work on a contract a/c, wether it was a return to leaser, or if it was an UA outsource of AMFA work, it was still contract work, and you want to call your union brothers scabs for performing this work.

Had AMFA performed work on a TWU a/c, would they also be scabs? Of course not in this forum.
[post="239354"][/post]​
Who are you replying to?

seed,

We were recently asked to perform work, (in the bagroom or on the ramp), on overtime, despite the fact that Full Time Rampers were reduced to Part Time and Part Timers were furloughed. We are aircraft maintenance.

To a man we refused.

In your opinion, would that have been scabbing?

Inquiring minds really want to know.

"Kodac moment"??????

"A Picture", is worth a thousand words!!!!!!! ;)

amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

High Speed Steel said:
"Kodac moment"??????

"A Picture", is worth a thousand words!!!!!!! ;)

amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!
[post="239399"][/post]​
Yeah, the picture of OSM's, stock clerks, and a few mechanics (very few) is with a Ex-UAL 777 aircraft that sat in the desert for over a year because UAL couldn't pay for it. Which then was returned to the leasing company, and sold (leased?) to Air India. As a matter of fact, there is another ex-UAL Air India 777 in the AFW hanger right now. However, I guess since the twu can't lie and claim its still a UAL/AMFA 777 because its painted in Air India livery, they don't want to grandstand with Tim " The twu un-elected Communications Coordinator ramper" McAninley taking the meaningless photo op with all the hopeless twu goobers.

......AND THE TWU LIES KEEP COMIN'.....

The industrial union cult site currently contains a photo of AA workers posed with an aircraft still painted in UAL livery. The AC was leased, and the company unionists boast that the owners of the AC chose AA to perform the return to lessor check. The notion that a group of allegedly 'unionized' workers are proud that they work cheaper than employees of a bankrupt company is rather absurd. I believe the repugnant gathering of 'proud' cheap labor is clearly suggestive of corporate controlled, anti-worker, quasi scabs...and nothing more. I am amazed that any working person would be 'proud' that they are helping management lower the wages and benefits of an entire industry. - TM

The twu + Industry Leading Concessions = Cheap Third Party twu Maintenance.

Checking it Out said:
Why is united Mechanic's allowing the work to go outside the country? I thought they rejected a letter not to long ago. Do the negotiators not work for the members?

I also was under the impression United mechanics changed Unions to make a point? What was it?
[post="239121"][/post]​

Why not send it out. You certainly have no solidarity in your blood!!!

I thought they rejected a letter not to long ago.

Yes we did and I see your 'proud' display that we kept this work in the USA by your 'union' posting a PR shot of how you 'appear' to be doing our work.

Don't worry, this picture has been floating all over UAL and 'no one' is willing to sacrafice for you 'scabs' either.

Get ready for the race to the bottom.

:down:

Boomer said:
seed,

We were recently asked to perform work, (in the bagroom or on the ramp), on overtime, despite the fact that Full Time Rampers were reduced to Part Time and Part Timers were furloughed. We are aircraft maintenance.

To a man we refused.

In your opinion, would that have been scabbing?

Inquiring minds really want to know.
[post="239374"][/post]​

The definition of a scab, in my opinion only, has not changed. A scab is one who crosses a picket line, for what ever reason, to purchase wares or to seek employment.

Working OT while brothers and sisters are furloughed, to me, is being unsupportive of those furloughed. I have learned, however, one of the items you do not stick your nose in is your fellow workers finances. If they desire to work OT that is their decision, not mine. Each person must decide on their own which way to respond to this issue.

seed said:
The definition of a scab, in my opinion only, has not changed.  A scab is one who crosses a picket line, for what ever reason, to purchase wares or to seek employment.

Working OT while brothers and sisters are furloughed, to me, is being unsupportive of those furloughed.  I have learned, however, one of the items you do not stick your nose in is your fellow workers finances.  If they desire to work OT that is their decision, not mine.  Each person must decide on their own which way to respond to this issue.
[post="239681"][/post]​

Are you aware that John Orlando reportedly crossed a picket line while he was a representative of the TWU ATD?

I believe that they also had their members at Pan AM cross the picket lines of other Pan Am workers.

Do you agree with TWU supporter Scab Scraper that a union should not sue the company?

Or do you also agree with TWU supporter Kirk Wells that unions should not try to get their members more money?

Or do you agree that the TWU should have pushed us for massive concessions while accepting $3.1 million in company paid UB ?

Latest posts