Not Loyal

phillyguy

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
According to the USA Today article. U states that if you are flying on low fare tickets , this is not the kind of loyalty they want to reward.
I think that is a clear message to us (or me at least anyway) that U does not want my business.
I guess this will drive up the Revenue per mile but drive down load factors. Of course maybe they will continue to reduce the # of planes even further!!!
Oh well - I guess all good things must come to end.
Sorry to the great workers at U - you folks are the best
Jim (now considered unloyal by U Management)
US1

----------------
On 8/30/2002 2:08:39 AM

I just booked CO to IAH - 6:30a vs. US 10a. I'd rather get up at an ungodly hour than give more money to US. I'm sure glad CO comped me to Platinum afer explaining I would be tranferring 200K+/year to other airlines.

----------------

Other airlines are definintely offering status matches. Just tell them you want to switch carriers, and they pretty much open their arms. Our corporate travel office is even assisting by contacting our customer reps at other carriers, for those that want to switch their primary carriers.

----------------
According to the USA Today article. U states that if you are flying on low fare tickets , this is not the kind of loyalty they want to reward.

----------------

After 220,000 actual butt-in-seat miles and $25,000 in revenue to US last year, and on the same pace this year, I also am not considered a loyal customer.

If I do the same next year, I will be considered lowly pond scum, looking up to see Silver.

Of course I won't be doing that next year.

I just booked CO to IAH - 6:30a vs. US 10a. I'd rather get up at an ungodly hour than give more money to US. I'm sure glad CO comped me to Platinum afer explaining I would be tranferring 200K+/year to other airlines.

Funny thing is, it was a $1000+ refundable, as my plans changed last-minute. My first full-fare and first non-US flight in recent memory, all on one shot. What a coincidence.

Thank you loyal preferred members for your support in the past...I am sorry you are getting the same treatment that the employees are getting...Makes you wonder if the intension is to go out of business or sell off the airline in the new year, and let the new owner worry about getting the customers back...Mabey you'll be back when the sign in the window says " Under New Management"....

Replacing Mr Baldanza would be a good peace offering.

----------------
On 8/30/2002 3:45:28 AM

Thank you loyal preferred members for your support in the past...I am sorry you are getting the same treatment that the employees are getting...Makes you wonder if the intension is to go out of business or sell off the airline in the new year, and let the new owner worry about getting the customers back...Mabey you'll be back when the sign in the window says " Under New Management"....
----------------

[:0] How about if we offer you leather seats and tv monitors like Jetblue; Will you come back then....we would offer you smiley employees like SW but the company (US) won't allow that!

I dont understand? If you have transferred your "status" there is a cal board to post on ..

----------------
On 8/30/2002 11:14:48 AM

I dont understand? If you have transferred your 'status' there is a cal board to post on ..
----------------

After talking to dozens of employees (CP desk, club, gate, etc.), I have finaly found one that agrees with the strategy and Mr B.'s opinion of my $25K in revenue per year (i.e. we don't want you).

Please fill me in - exactly what is your strategy for running an airline after chasing away all of the passengers? If you do that for long, you'll end up in Chapter ... oh, wait, nevermind.

btw - I booked another $1300 fare on United with my newly comped PremEx (couldn't convince them to give me 1K). Fully refundable, bypassing US on the same route.

And I continue to post here because I live in one of your strangleholds and, much as I will try to avoid it, I'll still probably do 50K on your airline. I'm hoping Ben "New Coke" Baldanza gets either a clue or fired and sanity prevails.

----------------
On 8/30/2002 11:14:48 AM

I dont understand? If you have transferred your "status" there is a cal board to post on ..
----------------

Why don't we just chase all our FF's away? Baldozza took care of a good percentage of them and with attitudes like this, the few remaining loyals will be right behind them. I worked in CS for many years and still have a soft spot in my heart for our top FF's. They were always the ones who understood and were kind (and had a sense of humor) as long as you were honest and informative about the problem at hand. When I had a Pri. Gold (as they were called when I was "upstairs") it was kind of like having a passenger on MY team. It was the once-a-year flyers that drove me to the ramp and have made me happy every day since that I made that decision.

Curls