Local 514 President Tell Members Aa Headed For Bk

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa based TWU Local 514 President told union membership at monthly meeting on Monday that in his opinion AA is headed for Bankruptcy soon.

Defined Pensions to be frozen and replaced.

He said his biggest fear is the workers on the floor will not listen to and follow him and things will get screwed up.

Let the new fear campaign in preparation for new concessions begin.

NO AMFA FILING as one year NMB bar expires, MORE TWU CONCESSIONS

Imagine that :shock:

FA Mikey said:
With leadership like that, its a wonder they have a union membership to run.
[post="306238"][/post]​

Interesting enough, the Railway Labor Act does not provide for a union de-certification procedure.

Union membership signed 60% authorization cards requesting an election to change unions, and AA/TWU and the National Mediation Board successfully thwarted a representation election by including TWA retired, deceased, and resignations that went back to the early 1980's.

It is indeed a wonder that "they" have a union membership to run.

The TWU and the AFL-CIO do not have enough political clout to stop foreign repair maintenance, or Bankruptcy laws that allow management to remove labor agreements, they no longer have any clout on any of the major worker issues, but they do have enough political influence to stop the union membership from revolting against the union leadership. The lobby efforts are now geared towards protection of mandatory union dues collection and prevention of membership democracy.

TWU informer said:
The TWU and the AFL-CIO do not have enough political clout to stop foreign repair maintenance, or Bankruptcy laws that allow management to remove labor agreements, they no longer have any clout on any of the major worker issues, but they do have enough political influence to stop the union membership from revolting against the union leadership. The lobby efforts are now geared towards protection of mandatory union dues collection and prevention of membership democracy.
[post="306263"][/post]​

Thats true.

I was at the 2003 COPE Convention and Rojer Taust was foaming at the mouth about how the new LM-2 forms were going to give information to "Our enemies". What most failed to realize is that he meant "Their enemies" within the labor movement who would now have documentation to show what crooks they are.

The fact that AA had just thrown out the BK threat was of little concern, they just wanted to put every effort into blocking the new disclosure requirements.

Typical Amfa wannabee lies! Since you were not present and in fact this was not said you do not have a clue what you are talking about. It is kinda funny, It was discussed in length about how his words would be twisted and your name was brought up latter in a conversation.

Many have concerns with the latest rounds of BK and how it will affect us in the next 18 to 24 months.

Checking it Out said:
Typical Amfa wannabee lies! Since you were not present and in fact this was not said you do not have a clue what you are talking about. It is kinda funny, It was discussed in length about how his words would be twisted and your name was brought up latter in a conversation.

Many have concerns with the latest rounds of BK and how it will affect us in the next 18 to 24 months.
[post="306309"][/post]​

Ok, put forth some evidence that any of what was said is a lie.

Bob Owens said:
Ok, put forth some evidence that any of what was said is a lie.
[post="306315"][/post]​

Evidence? Facts? Truth?

Bob, that request will likely end this thread and CIO's postings for awhile.

You posted that you were there, then CIO replies that you were not present.
He must have had one too many of those drunk beverages on the TWU tab.

This video appear to be interesting tidbits....

CLICK HERE-------->>> Unions and Politics

Checking it Out said:
[post="306309"][/post]​

What on earth do you mean CIO?

The TWU/Jim Little Without Further Ratification Industry Leading Concessions, saved 12,000 jobs, three maintenance bases, and prevented Bankruptcy at AA according you and the TWU faithful.

Or is it more truthful, that the TWU Industry Leading Concessions has now forced other carriers into BK Court in an attempt to match the lowest average pay in the industry?

I think the other carriers are about to give you a taste of your own medicine in the race to the bottom.

TWU informer said:
What on earth do you mean CIO?

The TWU/Jim Little Without Further Ratification Industry Leading Concessions, saved 12,000 jobs, three maintenance bases, and prevented Bankruptcy at AA according you and the TWU faithful.

Or is it more truthful, that the TWU Industry Leading Concessions has now forced other carriers into BK Court in an attempt to match the lowest average pay in the industry?

I think the other carriers are about to give you a taste of your own medicine in the race to the bottom.
[post="306334"][/post]​

The only thing it saved was the $3.1 million that the company kicked back to the TWU for a few more years.

Now that the DOL has decided to enforce the filing of LM-10s its very likely that Jim Little, Gless and Yingst will get a paycut. I was told that Yingst told a 514 member that his "pay cut" from the concessions was around 6%, Gless also reported to a 562 member a similar cut, well if the company cancells it $3.1 million it will be closer to a 40% cut.

If we had no union Crandall would have got rid of everybody 15 years ago. Outside of the northeast and west coast there is no labor movement. I've picketed, marched and leafleted when they tried to repeal pro labor resolutions in my state. When the AMFA strike started we took up a collection the second day to buy the guys on line duty pizzas. There was nobody picketing! Even the detail cop was embarassed. All the wonderful talk of democracy, did anyone think of a strike fund? I know in their big stations there is more activity, but Laconia is only an hour from here, it made an impression on us.

Bagbelt,

Do Not Go There...

The practices in your shop with regard to work rules are nothing to brag about...

My shop is beside the point, labeling everyone trying to hold on as a coward, drunk or liar when I personally know men who have done the best they could for the guys gets to be too much. AMFA deserves credit for making a stand, but I don't see how to win a rigged game. As far as the IAM, they scabbed their own guys during Eastern, I don't expect much.

As far as an AA bankruptcy is concerned, would not AA disclose this possibility/probability in SEC documents? Isn't that what NW and DL did?

I wouldn't put too much store by the speculation of one person--regardless of their position. (Unless that one person is Gerard Arpey. :lol: If HE says we're going into bankruptcy, I would dump my stock asap if I were you.)

Anyone can say anything. If you read the other forums, the UAL and "old" US Airways and DL and NWA employees constantly post that it is only a matter of time before AMR and CO are in bankruptcy. Their rationale is that if THEY can't stay out of bankruptcy, there is no possible way for us to stay out of bankruptcy.

We'll see.

Boys, boys!

AA will never see a bankruptcy court as long as the TWU shares the same bed as management!

The problem will be when AA starts the "we can't compete with the bankrupt carriers" mantra. That's when the TWU will have us bend over even further helping AA get more concessions!

Latest posts