Local 514 President Tell Members Aa Headed For Bk

I said they aren't major markets like they are from ORD, LAX, LGA, etc. I don't consider ABI the same as BOS (LGA) or STL (ORD) or SAN (LAX).

Your orginal statement was about about long haul vs short haul. You were arguing that LAX is a short haul airport. Which your little diagram proves once again, most airports are a long way away from LAX. You keep bringing up LAX - SAN, but I hate to break it to you but Southwest does not even fly that route, look at their schedule, neither does americawest. The only mainline service is Alaskan, with roughly the amount of flights AA flys to DFW-SAT.

Oneflyer said:
Your orginal statement was about about long haul vs short haul. You were arguing that LAX is a short haul airport. Which your little diagram proves once again, most airports are a long way away from LAX. You keep bringing up LAX - SAN, but I hate to break it to you but Southwest does not even fly that route, look at their schedule, neither does americawest. The only mainline service is Alaskan, with roughly the amount of flights AA flys to DFW-SAT.
[post="308809"][/post]​

I was explaining away the still unsubstantiated arguement that you made that DFW has a lower CASM. I stated that it is a fundtion of stage length. To denote an airport as long haul or short haul is not correct b/c I am referring to stage length. "Short haul" makes it sound like there are ONLY short flights. Stage length refers to the avg length of flt legs originating/departing from the airport. Since LAX has a vastly higher proportion of seats flying to nearby major cities (just due to the fact that there ARE major cities near it), I say that it has a shorter stage length.

Beyond that...I never said that WN flew LAX-SAN. Remember...I am not the one turning this into a WN argument. And who cares about mainline? Since when did CASM not count all aircraft seats? I guess by excluding mainline you can ignore the 45 roundtrips in the market by UA and AA? And of course SAN isn't the only city close to LAX. Look at my map. I just don't think I need to type them all every time. Regardless...I guess all of this is moot if you can't even tell me where you get your CASM #'s for DFW. And if you do give us your source, I would assume that it would have other airports (since you said that DFW had one of the lowest) and would also have the stage lengths and frequencies of the markets from each of those airports?

you can ignore the 45 roundtrips in the market by UA and AA?

There aren't 45 roundtrips of Saab or 30 seat Embraers isn't exactly a whole lot of seats. I gues San Antonio which is the 9th biggest city in the country isn't a big city but St. louis is? Your argument just doesn't even make sense, the geography just doesn't work. I can't even begin to debt anyting else if you're so clearly stupid.

Oneflyer said:
There aren't 45 roundtrips of Saab or 30 seat Embraers isn't exactly a whole lot of seats. I gues San Antonio which is the 9th biggest city in the country isn't a big city but St. louis is? Your argument just doesn't even make sense, the geography just doesn't work. I can't even begin to debt anyting else if you're so clearly stupid.
[post="308826"][/post]​

Let's have an intelligent conversation and leave the schoolyard idiocies to the elementary schoolkids. When you have no argument, either be intelligent and say "I was wrong" or say nothing but don't resort to idiotic comments. The rest of us are adults here.

Yeah...I guess SAT which is the 30TH LARGEST CITY is smaller than STL which is the 18TH LARGEST CITY. Save yourself some embarrassment b/c you spew lies and cannot back up the "facts" that you point out. Also...please look again at the map I sent. Even somebody so "clearly stupid" can see that there aren't a plethora of major cities near DFW. I'll give you that DFW is well-situated b/c of geography (fairly central) but there happens to be little population near it than there comparatively is to other large metro areas on the coasts.

Attachments

• census.pdf
    26 KB · Views: 159
Ch. 12 said:
Yeah...I guess SAT which is the 30TH LARGEST CITY is smaller than STL which is the 18TH LARGEST CITY.
I think SAT is the 9th largest city in the US, but the 30th largest metro area. The census chart you cited listed metro ares, not individual cities.

DCaf said:
I think SAT is the 9th largest city in the US, but the 30th largest metro area. The census chart you cited listed metro ares, not individual cities.
[post="310279"][/post]​

I apologize for citing metro areas over cities. However, for this discussion, it is important to note that people fly to metro areas, not cities. That is the point of pro-WA arguments...that removing restrictions for DAL will severely affect Ft Worth. So I think it's much more relevant to go by metro area than city. I would find it hard to believe that SAT's demand is also the 9th highest in the US just b/c it is the 9th largest city.