Now That Maa January Classes Have Been Canceled...

flyguy121

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Is it just me or did this have "scab" written all over it from the very beginning? Why would you hire new F/A's with no delivery of new aircraft planned? Hmmm...let's see, could it be that the Company was nervous about the "CHAOS" threats and was ready to turn to the MAA F/A's since they would be qualified on Mainline Aircraft anyway?

UGLY...

Either way, my question now is this...since I marked my Form "Pass this Round", but Classes have now been canceled...does this mean that I still can pass another round since the scheduled classes have canceled and esentially there is/was nothing to "Pass" on?

I think requardless you will be able to pass because everytime I get a letter, its always an option for me. I dont think they really keep up with who passes the round or passes entirely.

flyguy121 said:
Either way, my question now is this...since I marked my Form "Pass this Round", but Classes have now been canceled...does this mean that I still can pass another round since the scheduled classes have canceled and esentially there is/was nothing to "Pass" on?
[post="230803"][/post]​

I believe this is your first pass and you go back into the que for the second round. The way it worked this time, you only got a letter if you didn't pass the last round... i.e., those people who passed in August before those classes were cancelled did not receive bid packets.

Another line of thinking is that if MAA offers no classes in January, there is nothing to say that classes won't be offered in February, March, and April. The company is still within the window of the class offerings for this round. They may still be playing January be ear, knowing that some people will probably resign rather than being forced into DCA (which, by the way, is a great base!).

I expect at least a dozen new 170s will be delivered next year and some may be in operation as early as February.

Regards,
DCAflyer

Back