NW selects AAR for B757 heavy maintenance/mod contract

Just curious, am I the only person that reads kto/pto posts and think WTF? :p

Just curious, am I the only person that reads kto/pto posts and think WTF? :p
I think what and POS scab moron.

Its real cheap entertainment with the record number of PlaytheCods questions of idiocy. :blink: :blink:

That's either because there are fewer A&P's to choose from, or because they're only staffing the bare minimum required.

I'm inclined to believe it's the latter, since these guys operate to make a profit and don't have a union forcing them to adhere to contractually imposed staffing levels/ratios which may or may not be necessary.
They are indeed staffing the bare minimum required and sometimes not even that. I don't think that it is or should be a union issue the FAA sets the standards. It just seems that over the years the mandated standards get lower. At one time you had to have you’re A&P to be a supervisor or lead. You still have to have you’re A&P to be a lead but it is no longer required to be supervisor. I wonder how much of this is FAA or company policy? Regardless it is just a matter of time before A&Ps disappear from commercial aviation. When that happens the market will be flooded with AMT’s.

"If you can tell the difference between a screw driver and a pipe wrench they give you the title AMT and put you to work maintaining America's aircraft fleet.'
A sad commentary to what my former profession has become. I am glad to be out of it. I am now making more working on critical power and hvac than I can make as a 20 year airline A&P/Avionics/FCC Technician.
I good buddy of mine was teaching at the local A & P school. Did about 3 weeks there before the railroad called me. Better money. Anyway - although he liked it, it was a real interesting stint. He said only about 2 guys in the class were probably going to amount to anything in this profession. How long should it take to learn safety wiring? 3 weeks later they still wired backwards. Another fine crop in the field, ready for the scabair recruiter to offer them the major league :down: .

I good buddy of mine was teaching at the local A & P school. Did about 3 weeks there before the railroad called me. Better money. Anyway - although he liked it, it was a real interesting stint. He said only about 2 guys in the class were probably going to amount to anything in this profession. How long should it take to learn safety wiring? 3 weeks later they still wired backwards. Another fine crop in the field, ready for the scabair recruiter to offer them the major league :down: .
Big Daddy (says) he went to a specific 2yr school which emphasised Avionics. This is after the fact he did the stint in the military for A/C mech.
PTO I long ago put him on my IGNORE list.
He's on my "annoying" list.

How about your favorite scab moment Jenny?

Let me start: "Where is the CIDS panel?"

The winner is either:

"WHOOOAH! This is bigger than a DC-9!" (When two of them boarded while I was on an Airbus)

or.....

F/O asking about the plane to an obvious MX with his tool bag and radio. F/O was showing the scab their Maintenance Book....

"Do you know about... ?"

Scab: "no"

"What about this....?"

Scab: "no...."

"How about this?"

Scab: "No...."

Pissed the F/O asks "NOW what do you KNOW!?"

Scab: " I'm not qualified for this Aircraft"

CIDS panel would be funny. I didn't come across that one.

CHAOS will not work for aviation maintenance. At nwa, if someone doesn't show up for work they just hold a guy over. If a whole shift doesn't show up then they would hold a whole shift over. Different for F/A. If they don't show up, the other crew is out of the building.

How about a crew just walking off mid-shift? Perhaps right after getting that "last-minute" call from the outbound Narita trip?

It would take some creative applications but I still think it could work.