Obama Says Email Privacy Gone

That is probably because it is a non-event.

It would have had to go back to conference or another vote with a re-write.

Still a far cry from: "Obama Says Email Privacy Gone"

Fox News has nothing on you.

Reactions: 1 person
That is probably because it is a non-event.

It would have had to go back to conference or another vote with a re-write.

Still a far cry from: "Obama Says Email Privacy Gone"

Fox News has nothing on you.

Excuse me but WTF does Fox News have to do with Liberty and a free and open Internet?

Reactions: 1 person
Another pesky fact is that it would have had to pass both the house and senate. But hey, if you want to stretch all that rhetoric from a bill that never made it to a vote in one branch of congress into:

"Obama Says Email Privacy Gone"

You are very nimble to be able to reach that far with this one.

559942_583155745036633_1504209799_n.jpg

We've already given up our privacy to google without complaint.

If you have links that elaborate please post them as you are one of few who know this. Google having access is bad enough. Ponder how bad it gets if the US Government under the guise of "National Security" could just swoop in and collect their evidence fro Google.

CISPA is coming around again and we are all at risk

That was your choice !

Try Bing next time !

I don't use google mail. How many people have gmail accounts? Googles been reading those all along...along with anything else you trust them with. I guess I learned from the republicans back in the day...if you haven't done anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about. I'm not worried.

Glenn Quagmire, on 19 February 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:
I didn't know congress passed the "Obama can read all your email" bill. I would have thought the republican house would oppose that.?

Oh dear, look at this pesky little fact I found:

obusha.gif

Shocking Report: Gov’t Also Tapping Servers of 9 Major Internet Companies to Collect Americans’ Documents, Photos, Audio

The National Security Agency and FBI are interested in more than just your phone records — they are also interested in your audio, video, photographs, emails, documents, and connection logs, according to a bombshell report from The Washington Post.
Although the massive Internet surveillance program, code-named “PRISM,” reportedly began in 2007, we are only now learning about it because an anonymous intelligence officer apparently leaked the information to the press.
“Firsthand experience with these systems, and horror at their capabilities, is what drove a career intelligence officer to provide PowerPoint slides about PRISM and supporting materials,” the report notes, “in order to expose what he believes to be a gross intrusion on privacy.”
“They quite literally can watch your ideas form as you type,” the officer said.
http://www.theblaze....hotos-messages/

NSA Whistleblowers’ Startling Claims: Records on 3 Billion Calls Collected Per Day — And It’s Not Just Verizon

Every day. Every call.
Former employees of the National Security Agency say the publishing of a court order asking Verizon to hand over all its phone calling records for a three-month period opens a new window on an operation that has been in place for years and involves all major U.S. phone companies.
“NSA has been doing all this stuff all along, and it’s been all these companies, not just one,” William Binney told news program Democracy Now on Thursday. “They’re just continuing the collection of this data on all U.S. citizens.”
http://www.theblaze....t-just-verizon/

I tried to warn you all about this way back when, but I was called a terrorist supporting troop hater, and if I hadn't done anything wrong then I didn't have to worry. Remember?

Yeah I remember..........but this crap goes back to Clinton with Democrat support. And I'll give you he probably wasn't alone.

More importantly, newsman Terry Moran did not ask Clinton one question with regard to his own top secret NSA surveillance of Americans. The former president wasn't asked about projects Echelon and Carnivore, two programs that monitored the electronic communications of millions of Americans during his administration without authorization from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.
In arguably the greatest electronic surveillance program ever created, during the Clinton Administration the National Security Agency employed a global spy system, code named Echelon, which surveilled just about every phone call, fax, email and telex message sent anywhere in the world.
The program was controlled by the NSA and operated in cooperation with the Government Communications Headquarters of England, the Communications Security Establishment of Canada, the Australian Defense Security Directorate, and the General Communications Security Bureau of New Zealand. These organizations were bound together under a secret 1948 agreement, UKUSA, whose terms and text remain under wraps even today, according to intelligence expert and former professor of government Patrick Poole.
The Echelon system was fairly simple in design: position intercept stations all over the world to capture all satellite, microwave, cellular and fiber-optic communications traffic, and then process this information through the massive computer capabilities of the NSA, including advanced voice recognition and optical character recognition programs. The system would look for code words or phrases (known as the Echelon “Dictionary”) that will prompt the computers to flag the message for recording and transcribing for future analysis.
In other words, if I'm discussing terrorism with a colleague, the words "terrorist," "explosives," "weapons," "training," would all be flagged for further surveillance.
In a May 27, 1999 story in the New York Times, Americans first heard about Echelon. Two congressmen, Republicans Bob Barr and Porter Goss, who now serves as director of Central Intelligence, demanded information on a program they weren't sure even existed. However, Democrats defended Clinton's spying on Americans as a "necessary evil."

Immediately after coming to office in January 1993, President Clinton added to the corporate espionage machine by creating the National Economic Council, which feeds intelligence to “select” companies to enhance US competitiveness. The capabilities of Echelon to spy on foreign companies is nothing new, but the Clinton administration raised its use to an art, says Patrick Poole.
http://www.freerepub...s/1558097/posts

Latest posts