Obama Says Email Privacy Gone

August 1- 2007: Presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) says the Bush administration "puts forward a false choice between the liberties we cherish and the security we demand. I will provide our intelligence and law enforcement agencies with the tools they need to track and take out the terrorists without undermining our Constitution and our freedom."
It is amazing how politicians say things like that before they get access to all the classified intel. Then I am sure most say, "wow, I didn't know!"

That is why you have all of the House and Senate members who are on the intel committees defending the programs. Once they get access to top secret intel, they don't mind having access to email and phone records of the people who would do us harm when they need them. Even though the meta data is collected does not mean that it can be perused by anyone. They must go to the FISA court to do a search. Of course that is a secret process, so most of us will never know what really happens.

Then the question is what are you going to do? I could stop using email or cell phones and hide in the bunker with the Prepper kit and weapon cache and wait for "them" to come.

Or I can continue to live and enjoy my life using my own moral compass and ethics, while obeying existing laws, and hope for the best.

I choose the latter of those two options.

Then the question is what are you going to do? I could stop using email or cell phones and hide in the bunker with the Prepper kit and weapon cache and wait for "them" to come.

Or I can continue to live and enjoy my life using my own moral compass and ethics, while obeying existing laws, and hope for the best.

I choose the latter of those two options.

I don't got a bunker to hunker. Six cans of spam and a dozen Mader soups, some Nissan noodles and can a sardines. And lots of toilet paper.

Can't you see through the ruse???

Its a plan to wean us away from hi-tech and the internet and go back to snail mail so the USPS survives.

I don't got a bunker to hunker. Six cans of spam and a dozen Mader soups, some Nissan noodles and can a sardines. And lots of toilet paper.

Can't you see through the ruse???

Its a plan to wean us away from hi-tech and the internet and go back to snail mail so the USPS survives.
I prefer Beenie weenies and Vienna sausages. Ketchup packs and a little water and you have some down home redneck mater soup.

I hadn't thought of the USPS angle. You might be on to something there.

I am shocked, absolutely shocked that we have a problem with email privacy when it comes to the gov but are OK with it with hackers and Chinese spies :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
What do you expect, with an administration that's more concerned with Terrorist's and Illegal Alien's rights, than it is with the American citizen's !

Reactions: 1 person
I thought you said they are not concerned with terrorist? You said they could not even say the word in another thread you started by the same name. Please make up your mind what point you are going to argue and let us know.

Thanks

Reactions: 3 people
Still think he's a kook? This video clip is from 1984. Obama has just proved Ron Paul's point some 19 years later. Oh but Ron Paul isn't "mainstream". I think defending the Constitution at all cost is pretty damn "Mainstream". So did those who landed on Normandy.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G87jOx1VJ3o

I thought you said they are not concerned with terrorist? You said they could not even say the word in another thread you started by the same name. Please make up your mind what point you are going to argue and let us know.

Thanks

Just because BaRack refuses to use the term "Terrorist", doesn't mean he not willing to lend them a helping hand !