Oil prices to double by 2012

local 12 proud

Veteran
Mar 5, 2004
If this study has any merit and should this scenario actually happen, then we could be talking about $8.00 a gallon at the pump in less than four years.

I see alot of gas hogs making their way to the SUV scrap metal heap KC! :up:

An expected drop in demand in the United States due to higher prices and a weak economy will be more than offset by demand growth in developing nations, it says.

Rubin cites, for example, the recent launch of Tata's 2,500-dollar car that will allow millions of households in India to soon own automobiles.

He also notes that car sales last year were up 60 percent in Russia, up 30 percent in Brazil and up 20 percent in China.

Transport fuel now accounts for half of the world's oil usage.

Although US oil consumption is likely to fall by over two million barrels a day over the next five years as pump prices rise, he says, more drivers on the road in Russia, China and India will surely pick up the slack in demand.

$225.00 a barrel by 2012

.........."12"......,

I don't doubt it for a second.
( I can ONLY imagine the FRUSTRATION that your average OKIE :p would be feeling, knowing that the...Stuff..is right underground in the Earth, and flowing like crazy in a pipeline) :shock: :angry: :angry:

And If it's true, ...another reason I'm heading for Alberta CA., because the Canadian Government would make DAM* sure there residents were able to purchase it, rather than "not giving a Sh!t" if one can't afford it, like a certain country that you and I know well. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The CANUCKS like Capitalism, but (not so much) .........."At ANY COST" !!

If this study has any merit and should this scenario actually happen, then we could be talking about $8.00 a gallon at the pump in less than four years.

I see alot of gas hogs making their way to the SUV scrap metal heap KC! :up:

$225.00 a barrel by 2012

"12", I know all about it. Sometime ago, I posted a thread, with several links- Most people have no idea, how bad it is going to get, and we are just talking about Oil here. I have much information on this subject, and to be quite honest, it scares me to death- Even though my Oil investments are going to the MOON-

.........."12"......,

I don't doubt it for a second.
( I can ONLY imagine the FRUSTRATION that your average OKIE :p would be feeling, knowing that the...Stuff..is right underground in the Earth, and flowing like crazy in a pipeline) :shock: :angry: :angry:

And If it's true, ...another reason I'm heading for Alberta CA., because the Canadian Government would make DAM* sure there residents were able to purchase it, rather than "not giving a Sh!t" if one can't afford it, like a certain country that you and I know well. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The CANUCKS like Capitalism, but (not so much) .........."At ANY COST" !!

I don't think you will get much of a break at the gas pump in Canada either Bears.

< http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.ht...0d-217e4cc08506 >

Yea 777, and thats for one Litre.

One gallon equals 3.785 Litres. :shock:

Still wanna live in Canada, Bears? :lol:

....Or perhaps "Jolly Ole England" where its about $7.00 a gallon.
Now I can't wait to hear how those English have free superior health care!!! :rolleyes:
Ah...but in lands where gas is $7 a gallon, even your little Ranger is considered a gas hog.

Well, I did the math. I parked my Chevy Tahoe in my garage, and I just leased a Honda Civic. I'll wait out the lease, and give it back. Even with 2 car payments, it now makes more sense to lease a Civic. It isn't a huge savings, but I'd rather give Honda $200 a month, than even think of giving the oil companies $400. The ONLY way this will ever change is if we reduce our demand. I wanted to buy a GM, but unfortunately, GM just cant build a car yet that gets the gas mileage of a Honda. I love this car. Im getting 32 MPG now, and happy to fill my 10 gallon tank for $35 bucks. It sure beats the 15 MPG I was getting, and filling my 26 gallon tank for $85 bucks or whatever it was costing me, and even more annoying is - pumps shut off at $75, and you have to swipe your card again to finish the fillup!!!

Also, I don't know that oil will double in price. I think it will keep going up, but we're only a few months away from getting President Oil and his corrupt corporate buddies out of office. Hillary, Barrack or even Mc Cain won't rape and pillage us like this d*uche bag and his greedy friends...

Well, I did the math. I parked my Chevy Tahoe in my garage, and I just leased a Honda Civic. I'll wait out the lease, and give it back. Even with 2 car payments, it now makes more sense to lease a Civic. It isn't a huge savings, but I'd rather give Honda $200 a month, than even think of giving the oil companies $400. The ONLY way this will ever change is if we reduce our demand. I wanted to buy a GM, but unfortunately, GM just cant build a car yet that gets the gas mileage of a Honda. I love this car. Im getting 32 MPG now, and happy to fill my 10 gallon tank for $35 bucks. It sure beats the 15 MPG I was getting, and filling my 26 gallon tank for $85 bucks or whatever it was costing me, and even more annoying is - pumps shut off at $75, and you have to swipe your card again to finish the fillup!!!

Also, I don't know that oil will double in price. I think it will keep going up, but we're only a few months away from getting President Oil and his corrupt corporate buddies out of office. Hillary, Barrack or even Mc Cain won't rape and pillage us like this d*uche bag and his greedy friends...

It makes sense to me if you are driving more than 1600 or so miles a month. Sounds like you drive alot, so kudos. And, like you said, it should provide more costs savings during these next few summer months. I met my gas price irritation point a few years ago... I have only had to fill up my tank once this year. Of course, with my decision to seldomly drive, I have to put up with minor annoyances... such as the Chicago winter.