Old Wounds Cleaned and Ready for Class Action Lawsuit

----------------
On 6/17/2003 5:58:39 AM Bob Owens wrote:

You dont have to have system protection to fill a vacancy. Two years is what you need and the arbitrator ruled for exit seniority for the TWA guys.

What this will boil down to is the exact dates. When these guys were hired were the TWA guys part of the TWU or the IAM and under what contract were the TWA guys that were not laid off (MCI,KC,LAX) working?

----------------​

i think you missed my point. you are correct that you dont have to be system protected to fill a vacancy and specific to mechanics you must have two years. my point is that the company, nor the twu is obligated to offer a non-protected employee a vacant position. it would be nice if they did but they are not required to do it. the only people they are REQUIRED to offer a given vacancy to are 1)system protected employees, 2)workers who have recall rights to the station in question and 3)employees who are on the transfer list to the station in question.

When the TWA LLC aircraft mechanics were laid off, whether it be in STL, MCI, or an outstation in october 2001, we had American Airlines employee numbers, as the integration was proceeding before 9/11.The layoffs occured using the IAM contract proceedures, that was not done in very good order with the bump and roll that followed. Folling the layoff, any recalls for mechanics would be governed by the TWU contract after the date the TWA integration into american in december 2001. So come january 2002, the recalling of mechanics would be govern by the TWU system---not that''s a laugh.

Fast forward, 9/30/02. a check of the title 1 seniority list shows that American Airlines hired off of the street. That would go against ANY union contract you read, TWU or IAM.

Thanks for the suggestion of checking the contract (it makes good bathroom reading).

Attachment 12.4
In addition to the job protection afforded an employee laid off under article 15 of the Maintenance agreement, an employee who at the time of layoff does not displace a junior employee or accept a vacancy then offered, and is terminated from the payroll, SHALL BE ALLOWED TO FILL A VANCANCY BEFORE A NEW EMPLOYEE IS HIRED FOR THAT VACANCY.

Buck you are correct, the company does not have to notify the laid off mechanics on layoff. The question here is does the company have an obligation to post the vancancies on the AA employee web site of the openings as a laid off employee, in light of 9/11 does not have very many ways of knowing about an opening.

Under article 15 if he has six months or more of seniority, he may exercise hes seniority to fill a vacancy at another station in his classification full or part time. He only needs 2 years if he DISPLACES ANOTHER EMPLOYEE.

As of March 27, 2002 there was a single transportation system established for labor transportation. On April 29, 2002 TWU was made the bargaining representative.

Many of the new hires came in after both of the above dates and so it seems like there is someone in trouble.

Evil reigns when good people remain silent.

----------------
On 6/19/2003 11:13:30 AM MCI transplant wrote:

----------------
On 6/19/2003 10:02:59 AM Buck wrote:

What are you going to do about it?

----------------​
Hey Buck! I''ve got a brain storm here! As a potental rep.,or spokes person, for the A.M.F.A.,wouldn''t it be a feather in your hat if "YOU",or the A.M.F.A., did something about this? You want to motivate the AMT''s at MCI, this would be a way to do it! And give the TWU a blackeye in the process!!!!I can see the headlines now! "The A.M.F.A. gets jobs of Ex-TWA mechanics back,after being wrongfully shut out by A.A., and the T.W.U."!!!!!!!

----------------​
Super idea but be careful of A.M.F.A I don''t trust any of the unions right now.

----------------

----------------​
Hey Buck! I''ve got a brain storm here! As a potental rep.,or spokes person, for the A.M.F.A.,wouldn''t it be a feather in your hat if "YOU",or the A.M.F.A., did something about this? You want to motivate the AMT''s at MCI, this would be a way to do it! And give the TWU a blackeye in the process!!!!I can see the headlines now! "The A.M.F.A. gets jobs of Ex-TWA mechanics back,after being wrongfully shut out by A.A., and the T.W.U."!!!!!!!

----------------

----------------​
Tell me something Buck, if this happened to what would you do? How would you feel, and do you finally know why the TWA people feel as they do? Most importantly Buck what do you think AA should do?

I do know some of the AA people were hurt by the buy out also, but to hurt more people at TWA did nothing for the AA people.

I also know that those jobs rightfully belong to the laid off TWA mechanics and I want to get the word out to as many laid off mechanics as possible.

The next step will be a phone call to a labor lawyer and a visit to the local union hall and then I will get the word out to as many laid off TWA employees as I can.

Evil reigns when good people remain silent.

----------------

----------------

----------------​

----------------​
First, I would suggest that you familiarize yourself witht the AMFA Constitution.

As for your statement: " a potential rep or spokesman", I will not shy away from this. It is not my goal, but if asked to serve and elected by the membership I will serve. It is up to you, those at MCI etc.. to stand up for yourselves. If you are not satified with your current form of representation, it is you a member of the craft and class to take the inititive to change. Yes I want to motivate you and your fellow former TWA mechanics, you are part of my craft and class.

Once again I state my position was to "Dovetail" those from TWA. I again state that I feel that American Airlines did not harm you, it was the TWU and IAM, with the Kasher decesion.

There are those with the TWU that feel you are lucky just to have a job.

This not about me, it is about us. I have been active on and off since 1989 to change the form of representation at my workplace. Why don''t you help?

----------------
On 6/19/2003 12:50:25 PM Buck wrote:

----------------

----------------

----------------​

----------------​
First, I would suggest that you familiarize yourself witht the AMFA Constitution.

As for your statement: " a potential rep or spokesman", I will not shy away from this. It is not my goal, but if asked to serve and elected by the membership I will serve. It is up to you, those at MCI etc.. to stand up for yourselves. If you are not satified with your current form of representation, it is you a member of the craft and class to take the inititive to change. Yes I want to motivate you and your fellow former TWA mechanics, you are part of my craft and class.

Once again I state my position was to "Dovetail" those from TWA.  I again state that I feel that American Airlines did not harm you, it was the TWU and IAM, with the Kasher decesion.

This not about me, it is about us. I have been active on and off since 1989 to change the form of representation at my workplace. Why don''t you help?

----------------​
Buck,Buck,Buck??? Your copping out on us!!!!!!We don''t want to hear about your stand on Senority! We want action here!!! Tell you what! I''ll make a deal with you! You personally see that this issue is brought before Dell, and I''ll promise to sign one of your cards!!! And I''ll just take your word for the fact that you did! Dell do''es nothing! I vote TWU, if there''s an election! Do we have a deal?????

----------------
On 6/19/2003 1:14:11 PM MCI transplant wrote:

Buck,Buck,Buck??? Your copping out on us!!!!!!We don''t want to hear about your stand on Senority! We want action here!!! Tell you what! I''ll make a deal with you! You personally see that this issue is brought before Dell, and I''ll promise to sign one of your cards!!! And I''ll just take your word for the fact that you did! Dell do''es nothing! I vote TWU, if there''s an election! Do we have a deal?????

----------------

Why are you getting on Buck to do what you should do? Collect your data and go to a lawyer. If your dates are right then you may be due a lot of money. Go for it. Do you need a phone number of a good labor lawyer?​

----------------
On 6/19/2003 1:14:11 PM MCI transplant wrote:

----------------
On 6/19/2003 12:50:25 PM Buck wrote:

----------------

----------------

----------------​

----------------​

Once again I state my position was to "Dovetail" those from TWA.  I again state that I feel that American Airlines did not harm you, it was the TWU and IAM, with the Kasher decesion.

----------------

----------------​
This is not a cop out. I will attempt not to mention my stance on seniority. If you want action you need to get up off of your rear and make a stance for your profession.
As for your deal making, AMFA does not represent the mechanic craft and class at American Airlines. Why should Dell care if you do not. IF you help get AMFA on the property, I will commit to you that I will use the Constitutional process and the local by-laws and the will of the membership to communicate your needs to Dell. AMFA is about you and I not some figure at the top. If you have no desire to change then don''t. If you have not been damaged in the Kasher decesion then stay with the TWU. If you have failed to see what AMFA is about, then again research who and what they are. You do not appear to have read the AMFA constitution? Deal cutting is a way of life for the TWU.

IF you are not interested in change then don''t.

In other words, No Deal!!! O.K.!!!Tell you what! See if you can get this issue to Dell, and I''ll sign that card anyway! No strings attached! I feel the TWA AMT''s on the street at least deserve that! And Bob, beleive me I''ve got a name of a Lawyer, and a good one, if I need it! I don''t! But you never know,working for American Airlines!

----------------
On 6/20/2003 12:48:38 AM MCI transplant wrote:

In other words, No Deal!!! O.K.!!!Tell you what! See if you can get this issue to Dell, and I'll sign that card anyway! No strings attached! I feel the TWA AMT's on the street at least deserve that! And Bob, beleive me I've got a name of a Lawyer, and a good one, if I need it! I don't! But you never know,working for American Airlines!

----------------​
How about you make a decesion on whether you are satisfied with the way things are or not.
Why you seem to think that Dell the president of the AMFA national can fix your contract with the TWU has me stumped. Even if AMFA were to become our representitive, they must administer the current contract. I know Dell but that does not mean I have his ear. What you are asking is an issue that Buck cannot guarantee. So mention it I will, however the Kasher decesion is in place.