Old Wounds Cleaned and Ready for Class Action Lawsuit

The kashner ruling would not hold water in light of these new hires right up until august ''02 Those people should not be system protected as they were still on probation at the time.
What this whole thing amounts to is about a year''s worth of back -pay to every single TWA mechanic on layoff. The lawyers should be clamoring for this one. Just another American screw-up, and the TWU does nothing about it, so much for fair representation.

----------------
On 6/20/2003 9:34:48 AM acmech wrote:

The kashner ruling would not hold water in light of these new hires right up until august ''02 Those people should not be system protected as they were still on probation at the time.
What this whole thing amounts to is about a year''s worth of back -pay to every single TWA mechanic on layoff. The lawyers should be clamoring for this one. Just another American screw-up, and the TWU does nothing about it, so much for fair representation.

----------------​
It is my understanding that the Kasher decesion is amendable? There are some instances, one in ORD of changes because of certain seniority issues at cetain stations. I am not arguing about the new hires. From what basis do you claim the back pay? That does nothing to fix the positions of seniority for future issues. To continually blame the company for the unions errors is an error in judgement on your part. Seniority is a union issue, if the company violates it, then it is the union who needs to make it right by enforcing the contract or the Kasher decesion.

How about back pay for being shut out by both AA and TWU?

Evil and injustice reign when good people remain silent. How long have the AA mechanics that were working at AA know about the hiring of people off the street while at the same time AA shut down JFK and people hit the street? Those same people that got laid off at JFK bumped people out at STL and in turn the mechanics got laid off from where ever.

I do not believe for a minute that the AA mechanics that were on board before 1/1/01 did not know about the hiring off the street in 01 and 02 while your fellow TWA mechanics were hitting the street and many of them are still there. You all remained silent.

Carty lied to the court and you all remained silent.

I will not remain silent about this and will do everything that I can to get the word out to all the TWA people that were laid off.

----------------
On 6/20/2003 9:34:48 AM acmech wrote:

The kashner ruling would not hold water in light of these new hires right up until august '02 Those people should not be system protected as they were still on probation at the time.
What this whole thing amounts to is about a year's worth of back -pay to every single TWA mechanic on layoff. The lawyers should be clamoring for this one. Just another American screw-up, and the TWU does nothing about it, so much for fair representation.
10.gif

----------------

I agree, how can you hold the company at fault for an oversight of the TWU and IAM at the time arbitration was agreed upon?