Us Airways Special Bulletin

longing4piedmont said:
Then you are simply no better than the pond scum who chose this action over the past twenty four hours.
[post="231587"][/post]​

All I can say is I normally would agree with you on this issue, but having several years to see the situation close up I can understand what the employees are feeling. Normally in a normal world with a normal company I would say hang 'em all..............but U is different........much different in the way their employees have been dealt with over the years. Frankly I feel the situation is gone too far and will not recover and one must scrap the whole heap and start over. The company is what the insurance industry calls a total wreck and not worth the cost to rebuild. Concessions or not my money says one of two things either chapter 7 or sale of the company to another in the short term. Either way the workforce is doomed. Just my thoughts.

PITBULL,
I hope you are not trying to defend the abusers. They only make it worse for their fellow employee who does show up. If you take a sick day as a holiday, you should be fired.

Not to condone anything, but over on the AMR forum they're talking about nearly 2000 F/A's calling in sick. Admittedly out of a larger number of total F/A's, but undoubtedly a higher percentage than here.

Haven't seen news reports of lots of problems over at AMR like the last couple of days here....

Jim

jack mama said:
PITBULL,
I hope you are not trying to defend the abusers. They only make it worse for their fellow employee who does show up. If you take a sick day as a holiday, you should be fired.
[post="231685"][/post]​
Another Christmas and you and the other management whacko loyalists are on here again with the same theme.

Extreme supporters of sadistic doctrines invented by a few men who couldn’t care if you live or die but only care that you follow their twisted vision of running a business via cruel and unusual policies where employees are an evil necessity and dispensable. Bin Laden exploits such minds and now airline executives are taking his lead and finding suicide bombers and calling them good airline employees.

pitguy said:
All I can say is I normally would agree with you on this issue, but having several years to see the situation close up I can understand what the employees are feeling. Normally in a normal world with a normal company I would say hang 'em all..............but U is different........much different in the way their employees have been dealt with over the years. Frankly I feel the situation is gone too far and will not recover and one must scrap the whole heap and start over. The company is what the insurance industry calls a total wreck and not worth the cost to rebuild. Concessions or not my money says one of two things either chapter 7 or sale of the company to another in the short term. Either way the workforce is doomed. Just my thoughts.
[post="231675"][/post]​

I agree! It's time Chapter 7 this sucker!! Put it to death quickly.

PITbull said:
Hey Charlie Brown, f/as are in the middle of a vote, not wise to start firing anyone. We don't need to compromise a vote out of any back lash or anger.

Knock it off.
[post="231673"][/post]​
Humm I guess now is not the time to be advocating "Chaos coming to a city near you"? What happen to the tag line? Why take it off now?

Care to explain to the board why the statement has now disappeared.? I can only assume you feel good about what has happened this weekend since you have spent the last month or so proposing it on this board. Hope you are happy with the results.

deano said:
Another Christmas and you and the other management whacko loyalists are on here again with the same theme.

Extreme supporters of sadistic doctrines invented by a few men who couldn’t care if you live or die but only care that you follow their twisted vision of running a business via cruel and unusual policies where employees are an evil necessity and dispensable. Bin Laden exploits such minds and now airline executives are taking his lead and finding suicide bombers and calling them good airline employees.

[post="231696"][/post]​
This entire situation makes me ill.

This particular take on it makes me furious.

Ive been as big on the US union bandwagon as I think a customer can be, but when you come on here and start ranting an raving, and excusing this episode becuase managment uses "Bin Laden" tactics, it just floors me.

This thing was wrong.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

We're not pro-management you putz -- we're pro-customer.

USAirUnited said:
Guess the PIT hub wasn't really needed after all...... Everyone can go through Philly we just love that airport.
[post="231584"][/post]​
ha...

It would be funny if it wasn't depressingly correct.

<_<

RWerksman said:
This entire situation makes me ill.

This particular take on it makes me furious.
Ive been as big on the US union bandwagon as I think a customer can be, but when you come on here and start ranting an raving, and excusing this episode becuase managment uses "Bin Laden" tactics, it just floors me.

This thing was wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. We're not pro-management you putz -- we're pro-customer.
[post="231705"][/post]​

Well all I can say is: I stand by my post and like employees are told when they complain, which they have a VERY good reason to do so__ Employees don't have to stay at U and B-I-T-C-H “ANDâ€￾ neither do “YOUâ€￾ need to fly U and B-I-T-C-H.

Take the path of least resistance because U has so much resistance that the amperage is now deadly effecting everyone within striking distance, your choice, no one broke your arm, you knew what management is doing. As they say, every action has an opposite and equal reaction.

deano said:

Well all I can say is: I stand by my post and like employees are told when they complain, which they have a VERY good reason to do so__ Employees don't have to stay at U and B-I-T-C-H “ANDâ€￾ neither do “YOUâ€￾ need to fly U and B-I-T-C-H.

Take the path of least resistance because U has so much resistance that the amperage is now deadly effecting everyone within striking distance, your choice, no one broke your arm, you knew what management is doing. As they say, every action has an opposite and equal reaction.

[post="231714"][/post]​
Sure.

Fine.

Whatever.

Thanks for F-in people on christmas. Im sure they deserved it...

jack mama said:
PITBULL,
[post="231685"][/post]​

I am defending the fact that AFA is in the voting process.

Anger on both sides needs to be "in check" at this point, otherwise, we risk the T/A failing. If that occurs, than nothing more matters.

longing4piedmont said:
Humm I guess now is not the time to be advocating "Chaos coming to a city near you"? What happen to the tag line? Why take it off now?

Care to explain to the board why the statement has now disappeared.? I can only assume you feel good about what has happened this weekend since you have spent the last month or so proposing it on this board. Hope you are happy with the results.
[post="231702"][/post]​

Longing,

Feel good about what is happening???? Whoa, that's some assumption, my friend.

I am going to pretend that you just didn't post that to me :angry: .....

AFA has fnally reached a Tentative Agreement in case you've been out of the country, or just plain "out to lunch". We are in the process of voting on a T/A, and the negotiating committee worked extremely hard to get to the "cost savings" the company insisted they needed, with much creativity.

The employees of U have experienced major sacrificing to save this airline.... more than you could possibly fathom by employees from any company reported in the history of this industry...you won't get any satisfaction from here by trying to "brow whip" me into chastising our rank and file. Every carrier has staffing shortages during the holidays in December. Weather never helps the situation, and management has had enough years to solve these kinds of problems.

If you are unhappy with U and the employees, there are many other airlines out there that may satisfy you and your transportation needs that you may find more reliable during this time of year .....far be it for me to force, or beg you into flying us...you have the right of "choice", and we appreciate the business you have given us.

For many, many of the employees, they are once again, giving the company another fighting chance by conceding to negotiate a-gain. I personally don't know how the vote will go for AFA, but union leaders are in the crew rooms to help educate the f/as on exactly what the T/A includes, and what the neg. committee was able to succeed in obtaining in such a concessionary proposal. CHAOS authorization helped us achieve those goals. Like it or lump it, it did.

Happy holidays to you.

USAirUnited said:
We sincerely apologize for the operational disruptions that have impacted holiday travel. Our efforts to recover from the severe weather on Thursday were complicated when some of our employees chose to call in sick at record numbers over the weekend. We are embarrassed by the situation, especially given the holidays and how important travel is to our customers at this time of the year.

[post="231574"][/post]​

Curious as to what they blame it on alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the rest of the whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooole year?