Our Real Enemies now pressuring Washington for more foreign MRO.

The question is: Why would it ever be placed off limits? Undoubtably the airlines lobbied for that ability and now they have all taken advantage of it. I predict that the only way it will ever happen is if something close to 911 happens and can be traced back to a foreign MRO. Heard any noise about foreign MRO's in regards to Southwest's crown skin situation? Nobody cares about "minor" issues as long as the planes land safely.Soutwest has a great safety record and is profitable.

Sadly nobody cares and I don't think it will change in the 10 - 12 years I have til retirement.

If foreign repair stations were place off limits to U.S. airlines, the wages at TIMCO and similar companies would rise as well as yours and mine.
By that logic, we should prohibit the import of anything manufactured in any foreign country, because that way, everything would be manufactured in the USA and everyone would have higher wages.

Not only do those greedy bastard airlines want to overhaul planes in foreign countries, but those airlines also want (and do) buy airplanes assembled in foreign countries, like Canada, Brazil and France. We should ban the import of any airplanes not manufactured in the USA, right?

The secret to winning the competitive battle is to simply close our borders and refuse to compete. All we have to do is pass laws that declare the American Worker the winner by default and prosperity will spread throughout the land.

This thread was never intended by me at least, to be a personal attack on anyone. We need every friend we can find.

Lloyd,

I do not see you attacking me. It is twu supporters who seem to think outsourcing is at my control. I agree that if an airline flies aircraft they should overhaul them not farm it out. The same goes for their Line Maintenance. Airlines like Virgin America are "paper airlines". Level the field. Period.

Lloyd,

I do not see you attacking me. It is twu supporters who seem to think outsourcing is at my control. I agree that if an airline flies aircraft they should overhaul them not farm it out. The same goes for their Line Maintenance. Airlines like Virgin America are "paper airlines". Level the field. Period.
No one is attacking you, also it has nothing to do with TWU or whether you have control. You gladly took a donation from this organization that is referenced in this thread of concern. You should give the money back to them but you won't even acknowledge that you made the mistake instead of acting like a victim. That is why you are being brought up.

No one is attacking you, also it has nothing to do with TWU or whether you have control. You gladly took a donation from this organization that is referenced in this thread of concern. You should give the money back to them but you won't even acknowledge that you made the mistake instead of acting like a victim. That is why you are being brought up.

It would be more effeective to get the media involved, give public appreciation for the support given, but then call them out for who they really are, and explain that paying for the bust does not change the facts of what they are about that if they really support us they would stop trying to destroy us.

Then the donation would be worth every penny collected.

That's the difference between Republicans and Democrats. Democrats have never become rich by shipping jobs overseas.

Really? Apple? Nike? GE? Just a few off the top of my head... Or maybe I just missed the sarcasm tags...

If The FAA or DHS were to try and ban foreign overhaul for US carriers, I'd expect to see landing rights for US carriers be revoked in those countries. That's how these deals work...

You'd also see US MRO's losing foreign business.

Really? Apple? Nike? GE? Just a few off the top of my head... Or maybe I just missed the sarcasm tags...

Sorry about that. Yep, neither party has a monopoly on "screwing the working man." The Democrats have convinced people that they're the party that cares.

By that logic, we should prohibit the import of anything manufactured in any foreign country, because that way, everything would be manufactured in the USA and everyone would have higher wages.

Not only do those greedy bastard airlines want to overhaul planes in foreign countries, but those airlines also want (and do) buy airplanes assembled in foreign countries, like Canada, Brazil and France. We should ban the import of any airplanes not manufactured in the USA, right?

The secret to winning the competitive battle is to simply close our borders and refuse to compete. All we have to do is pass laws that declare the American Worker the winner by default and prosperity will spread throughout the land.
Good to see your finally making sense... ;)

If The FAA or DHS were to try and ban foreign overhaul for US carriers, I'd expect to see landing rights for US carriers be revoked in those countries. That's how these deals work...

You'd also see US MRO's losing foreign business.

That flys I the face of the nationalist 'screw 'em all, we will be fine on our own' mentality. I guess macroeconomics is not even mentioned in high school any longer???

It would be more effeective to get the media involved, give public appreciation for the support given, but then call them out for who they really are, and explain that paying for the bust does not change the facts of what they are about that if they really support us they would stop trying to destroy us.

Informer you never cease to amaze me. I totally agree with what you typed and never thought about it that way. AWESOME POINT!! Not that it probably means anything to you coming from me but I sincerely mean that.

Great point. I completely agree with what you are saying.

Ken...how about it?

Informer you never cease to amaze me. I totally agree with what you typed and never thought about it that way. AWESOME POINT!! Not that it probably means anything to you coming from me but I sincerely mean that.
Bob Owens could hold a press conference once they kick him out!

I had never heard of ARSA until reading of it on this thread. I have heard of Ken and what he has done to promote the skills of the AMT.

Ken accepted recognition as an AMT 6 years ago. He didn't endorse ARSA. Give it a rest.

We have a common enemy. The RLA and the market. Expecting Ken to speak out against ARSA while we bicker about union representation is a joke. We need a grassroots effort from all aircraft maintenance workers in the U.S. . Not just AA but at the other airlines that are about to pay for this crapola we just voted in.

Latest posts

Back