Us Airways To File Appeal With Court Today

N628AU, thanks. But would it work while the case is under appeal??? I'm not expecting an answer here - probably too speculative. Just trying to figure out what Siegel could do next.

allegheny1 said:
My guess is Mrs Rendell will not be picked for the panel or recuse herself but
lets get serious here...there are 13 judges...you don t think they talk with
each other or do each other a favor from time to time.
It doesn't work that way. First of all, the judges are scattered, literally, across the country so it's not like one of the judges walks down to the other's office to discuss a case.
Before the case is heard, the judges likely will get a summary of the case and the law from one of their staff. The judges on the panel will discuss the case as part of their deliberations and one of them will be assigned to write an opinion to be circulated to all of the panel members. A staff member for the other judges would then review the draft and either vote in favor or write their own opinion concurrng or dissenting.

What you are suggesting is completely unethical, and has never been my experience with any appellate judges (I clerked for an appellate judge for four years before entering into private practice).

on what grounds will this outfit use to appeal a decision? To me it sounds as that the IAM Mechanics have very solid ground to win the appeal? What could the outcome be if the appeals court does rule in favor of the mechanics? Good luck to all of the mechanics! my support is all the way with you!

Does anybody in PIT remember Siegel telling the mechanics in Hangar 1/2 that if the Airbus work is determined to be their work that they would do it,and if not that they wouldn't do it? Once again he proves that he is not a man of his word or maybe he was misunderstood. It took a judge to rule that it is the IAM's work and he files an appeal to the ruling. How are the employees of this company ever going to trust this man?

burghlaw

Great info. Thanks.

I guess I ve worked for this company to long. You start to beleive everyone
in high places is unethical.

regards

MerlinMagician said:
Does anybody in PIT remember Siegel telling the mechanics in Hangar 1/2 that if the Airbus work is determined to be their work that they would do it,and if not that they wouldn't do it? Once again he proves that he is not a man of his word or maybe he was misunderstood. It took a judge to rule that it is the IAM's work and he files an appeal to the ruling. How are the employees of this company ever going to trust this man?
I remember very clearly Dave standing there in person saying we want to do our own heavy maintenance, unlike some airlines. I trusted this guy and even voted yes because of that trust. He let me down hard, real hard! From his recent actions I believe he needs to be removed ASAP. In my job I work all the hangers in Pit working with tons of mechanics and they all feel the same as I do, BETRAYED. Kick the lying poor excuse of a CEO out and get someone in with integrity ASAP! No one wants to follow someone who lacks integrity, someone who only knows how to inflict unreasonable hardships on the employees and believes he can justify it by calling it, just business. Someone who is called a scoundrel by powerful political leaders. With Dave’s line of reasoning of, it’s just business, I say kick the bum out on his ear and do every employee a great big favor. This guy needs to go and until he does I believe we are in deep dodo.

Dear Sisters and Brothers,
The Honorable Robert J. Cindrich today denied US Airways’ request for a stay of the Preliminary Injunction he issued earlier this week. He did, however, allow Mobile Aerospace to complete maintenance on the one aircraft on which maintenance had already begun.

The IAM is seeking damages for members affected by that contract violation.
We will keep the membership informed of any further appeals by US Airways.

Teflon said:
The Honorable Robert J. Cindrich today denied US Airways’ request for a stay of the Preliminary Injunction he issued earlier this week. He did, however, allow Mobile Aerospace to complete maintenance on the one aircraft on which maintenance had already begun.

this ought to buy uncle dave a little time to get all our guys back and ready...watch how quickly they now find space....

Teflon said:

So,
Now Dave has several invoices to pay.
Damages to IAM and the bill for Moblie Aerospace.
Pay the crew to fly the other plane BACK. And whatever it takes to get ready for us to do the work. Lets not forget court costs and legal bills.
hmmm. Seems like an incredible waste of $$$.
At least he kept the money in the family with his brother the lawyer he used.
:down:

burghlaw1 said:
allegheny1 said:
My guess is Mrs Rendell will not be picked for the panel or recuse herself but
lets get serious here...there are 13 judges...you don t think they talk with
each other or do each other a favor from time to time.
It doesn't work that way. First of all, the judges are scattered, literally, across the country so it's not like one of the judges walks down to the other's office to discuss a case.
Before the case is heard, the judges likely will get a summary of the case and the law from one of their staff. The judges on the panel will discuss the case as part of their deliberations and one of them will be assigned to write an opinion to be circulated to all of the panel members. A staff member for the other judges would then review the draft and either vote in favor or write their own opinion concurrng or dissenting.
Burglaw1,
It's my understanding that the 3rd circuit court of appeals in PHL has a 3 judge panel. 1 is Midge Rendell, and that similar to her hearing cases related to PA. as wife of the Governor, she would not have to recuse herself.
Not arguing with you, right or wrong.

Rob said:
Would the labor action/injunction constitute "force majeure" enabling U to reduce the operating fleet by the 10 planes due for checks this year and 10 more next year?

Even if 20 got parked for maintenance, that would still leave the operating fleet above the previously projected 245 number. It would also provided the excuse to slash PIT flight ops by the rumored 40-50% in January. I have to believe Siegel not only has a Plan B, but also C and D ready.
Not a labot attorney, but here goes. No. It's my understanding that the 279 A/C number in all the contracts constitues, all A/C, those in Heavy Maint, spares etc. :up:

Rob said:
Would the labor action/injunction constitute "force majeure" enabling U to reduce the operating fleet by the 10 planes due for checks this year and 10 more next year?

Even if 20 got parked for maintenance, that would still leave the operating fleet above the previously projected 245 number. It would also provided the excuse to slash PIT flight ops by the rumored 40-50% in January. I have to believe Siegel not only has a Plan B, but also C and D ready.
Not a labot attorney, but here goes. No. It's my understanding that the 279 A/C number in all the contracts constitues, all A/C, those in Heavy Maint, spares etc. :up:

Latest posts