Us Airways To File Appeal With Court Today

cavalier said:
In my job I work all the hangers in Pit working with tons of mechanics and they all feel the same as I do, BETRAYED
Dude we're not all that heavy!

Attachments

• mechanic.jpeg
    mechanic.jpeg
    3 KB · Views: 130
allegheny1 said:
Not a mechanic but have witnessed many hurry up aircraft directives issued
by the faa and some very ingenious solutions to the tasks. Make no mistake...
if management listens to the workers it will take no time at all to gear up.
Excellent point. I was working PIT 1/2 heavy directly after the last contract was consummated. The company had many drop dead 737-400's parked out side. It was absolutely amazing to see these boyo's go into action. Within 2 days there was company instructor's there. 12 brand new micro film machines and techs setting them up. Tools and parts ariving from god knows where.

In short when the company says we can't do it they are lying.
Example-----the Airbus A/C go the Alabama. Our Company instructors arrived there less than 1 week before the job begins. So much for our three week company Airbus training program! These fellows are in violation of there own operating manual!

Sometimes it just seem's like we work for theives!

Attachments

• robber.jpeg
    robber.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 145
T-bone said:
It's my understanding that the 3rd circuit court of appeals in PHL has a 3 judge panel. 1 is Midge Rendell, and that similar to her hearing cases related to PA. as wife of the Governor, she would not have to recuse herself.
Not arguing with you, right or wrong.
Here is a link to the judges on the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals. there appear to be five judges in Philadelphia.

http://www.ca3.uscourts.gov/judgelist/coa-jdgs.pdf

Just because the judges are located in Philadelphia doesn't mean that they will be the judges chosen to hear the case. The panels are chosen at random and usually include one senior judge. For example, the last case that I had before the 3rd circuit was comprised of judges from Philadelphia, Wilkes-Barre and Newark. Also, the court I worked with assigned judges to panels once each year for the whole year. If this case is to be heard soon, the case will be assigned to a panel that has probably been chosen for some time.

I cannot speak to whether Judge Rendell has recused herself from Commonwealth matters or not. I can only tell you that either side (in this case UAIR or the IAM), if they perceive a conflict, can ask for her to recuse herself. In my experience, appellate judges recuse when asked to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.