Paging Mr. Kirkpatrick! Mr. Kirkpatrick, please answer your page.

So, Mr. Kirkpatrick. Am I going to have to nag you every month from now on for the attrition numbers? Or, is your source drying up because now that you are to be an active f/a again it is company policy to keep you as uninformed as possible? :lol:

Do you know the August numbers yet? You are our only source for total attrition now.

So, Mr. Kirkpatrick. Am I going to have to nag you every month from now on for the attrition numbers? Or, is your source drying up because now that you are to be an active f/a again it is company policy to keep you as uninformed as possible? :lol:

Do you know the August numbers yet? You are our only source for total attrition now.

He has them. maybe he''l soon post or maybe he's too excited about driving to Dallas...

However, even just one person can make a difference....Rosa Parks.

"Nothing is so powerful as an idea whose time has come."

Not to belittle her, but it wasn't Rosa Parks. She was just a trigger. Could've been a number of people.

I don't see an idea whose time has come here.

Sorry, I sometimes forget we're not the only ones who are interested. August attrition was 56.

To paraphrase Ethel Merman, "I feel another recall coming on." :lol: By the time the July people came on the line we had already lost more f/as since the recall was announced than came back. Looks like we are on track to come close to repeating that feat with the Nov.-Dec. recalls. At this point, almost 30% of those recalls will be needed just to replace the July-Aug. attrition.

So could Washington, Lincoln, or Hitler. The thing is, it WAS Rosa Parks.

Washington, Lincoln and Hitler were far more than triggers. Their whole lives were building up to their accomplishments as leaders. They were far more than a trigger who did the right thing at the right time.

But the main thrust of my point is Victor Hugo's quote, "There is nothing so powerful as an idea whose time has come." applies to Rosa Parks in Birmingham. Her resistance to segregation resonated with all right-thinking Americans. I should point out that Jackie Robinson did the exact same thing a decade earlier, was court-martialled and defrocked for it, and it made nary a blip on the radar at the time. However, the issues here seem not to have much appeal outside our own community.

As Eric said,

"So, forgive me for thinking such horrible thoughts, but the plight of 1600 flight attendants laid off three or four years ago probably won't be front page news anywhere else except St. Louis and perhaps Long Island...."

Again, I don't see "an idea whose time has come." So, unfortunately, I doubt that one person can make a big difference, à la Rosa Parks, which was the example posited by ozcobber, which wass the subject of my reply.

But your waving of the Rosa Parks flag will certainly get your PC card punched.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, your mention of Hitler is very interesting. He was far more than just a trigger, but a number of other forces had worked, some for decades to create the situation that allowed him to rise to power. While he was still a minor player, he misjudged the trigger thing with his beer hall putsch. He was jailed for it, while the same pressures cooked and festered, preparing the situation for his more successful efforts later. I know Hitler is just a throwaway attention-getter for you, but there is a lot to learn from the fall of the Weimar Republic. Read Eric Hoffer before William Shirer.

Latest posts

Back