Philadelphia-Athens

BuffaloJoe

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
Did something change with the A333 or are they going out weight restricted from ATH?  I know Turkish Airways flys the A333 JFK-IST, but they are the newer models. Why is AA now using the A333 on that route?

BuffaloJoe said:
Did something change with the A333 or are they going out weight restricted from ATH?  I know Turkish Airways flys the A333 JFK-IST, but they are the newer models. Why is AA now using the A333 on that route?
Got stuck in Athens for 2 days when 767-200ER's were on the route, just did not have the legs. The A333's are older models and had trouble making back from Rome. Soon they will be gone.

dash8roa said:
Got stuck in Athens for 2 days when 767-200ER's were on the route, just did not have the legs. The A333's are older models and had trouble making back from Rome. Soon they will be gone.

TWA had that problem with the L1011s westbound from Europe.  If the winds were strong or the weather on the east coast crapped out, we had to stop for fuel.  I got familiar with Keflavik, Gander, Goose Bay, Halifax and Bangor.

MK