Phl Pilots Letter

PITbull said:
FLY,

Why don't you ask the 20,000 folks out on the street that you voted their jobs out to save yours. You should kiss your contract for your seniority that kept your sorry butt here, and bow down to a furloughee who took your damn place!
He/she doesn't care about anyone, but themself. This sounds familiar! :( Savy

FLYAWAY said:
DUMP ALPA
Do this:

1. Resign from USAir.
2. Send your ALPA card to Herndon.
3. Apply for a job at a non-Union shop like JBLU.
4. Don't ever ask for a Union carrier's jumpseat.

Good riddance.

:down: ALPA nothing but greed take it all and give nothing to the employees
on the ground Alpa your day has come and i cant wait to see the results. If i was dave I would tell you to say home and hire 2000 pilots right off the street.

I agree with the previous posts from PIT and Clue by 4--until management addresses the REAL problems they have no right coming back to labor for anything more.

Management forgets that labor has already given twice--yet they do NOTHING to fix the real problems. I have been saying for 2 years or more just about everything that Clue and PIT said--FIX THE FARES and the other operational inefficiencies.

It is apparent to me that the agenda at CCY has nothing to do with fixing the problem--it is all about harrassing labor and busting unions. Using CCY and management in the same sentence is a true oxymoron.

For the first time this past week, I saw the lack of morale show through in flight. It's only going to get worse.

Sorry Dave--this airline CAN'T become an LCC--labor has already given--where's YOUR pay cut and that of your cronies? Where are the rational fares and the operational improvements? You have the tools to turn it around--the BEST employees in the industry--can you not see you need them to succeed????

I repeat that until you make the changes that need to be made on your end, you have no right to come to labor for ANYTHING.

My best to you all......

USA320Pilot said:
Expect more and different news on this subject shortly.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
COUNCIL 41 UPDATE
March 25, 2004
Fellow Philadelphia Pilots,
Thank you to all the Philadelphia pilots for your words of support. Information
and truth are our best defense during what will surely be the stressful upcoming
discussions with the Company on what has been called the “Going Forward Plan.â€￾
We would like to clear up some misinformation that is being brought to our
Council from outside. The “Consolidated Small Jet Agreementâ€￾ that was put forward by
the Company, and agreed to by the Negotiating Committee, allows changes to our Scope
Agreement regarding placement and staffing of SJs. It would essentially allow the
placement of Large 70 and 76-seat SJs with no restrictions. It would also allow the
degradation and, in some cases, the complete obliteration of the Mid Atlantic Jets 4 Jobs
program. This request for relief was based on GECAS, the lender for the SJs and 5%
owner of US Airways, wanting to lower the risk of exposure to debt under the US
Airways umbrella.
This agreement was brought in its final form to the MEC for review and approval
very late on Friday, March 19, just prior to adjournment of a weeklong meeting. Needing
time to review and analyze such a voluminous 38-page document, the MEC postponed
further discussion until Tuesday, March 24.
Your representatives feel that in giving away so much of our Scope Agreement,
there should be at least some returns above the scraps offered by the Company.
Negotiations continue. Your Philadelphia representatives voted to charge the
Negotiating Committee to re-engage the Company. When negotiations are finally
complete to the satisfaction of the MEC, the finalized agreement will be sent out to the
membership for final ratification.
Sending the Negotiating Committee back in to get better returns does not “kill the
deal.â€￾ It is certainly not dead. We are simply continuing negotiations. One thing we pilots
can all agree on is that we need the best deal possible to entertain this enormous request.
Why do we have heartburn over Scope relief? There is concern about the rapid
deployment of EMB 170/175 aircraft outside of US Airways and Mid Atlantic, creating
an alter-ego airline with the resultant redundancy of the 737 fleet. These EMB 170
aircraft are scheduled to begin service next month on routes such as PIT-MCI, PITMCO,
and PIT-ATL. These aircraft are not here for additional feed. They are here to
outsource part of the mainline fleet. With 170 Large SJs on order and an unbelievable
380 options, it is clear to even the most casual observer in which direction management is
moving. Mr. Siegel has said as much in his webcast. Major changes are coming to theindustry, and most likely to US Airways. Therefore, we need to protect all US Airways
pilots to the greatest degree possible. If 737’s are returned to their lessors, then
redeployed, the fragmentation protection in our contract will be almost impossible to
enforce.
As for roll call voting, your representatives feel it is unfair to the Philadelphia
pilot group not to have their voices and concerns heard at the MEC. Currently, one-half
of the MEC represents just over one-eighth of the total pilot group. For example, one
LaGuardia pilot has more say on the MEC than almost fifteen Philadelphia pilots do.
Until another method such as seniority block representation can be implemented, it is
simply unfair to have such a small group control the outcome of debate affecting all the
pilots. Remember, Philadelphia is the eighth largest Council in all of ALPA.
You have elected us to bring change to the way ALPA deals with the Company.
You have elected us to ensure your voice would be heard. Be assured, we will do all that
is possible to represent you at the table.
Look for further communication as the situation develops. We will do all humanly
possible to keep you informed.

PHL LEC,

Thankyou for representing the pilots.

Thankyou for doing your job.

We appreciate your efforts.

lester said:
As for roll call voting, your representatives feel it is unfair to the Philadelphia pilot group not to have their voices and concerns heard at the MEC. Currently, one-half of the MEC represents just over one-eighth of the total pilot group. For example, one LaGuardia pilot has more say on the MEC than almost fifteen Philadelphia pilots do.
Hmmm... wonder which LGA pilot he has in mind...