Phl Ramp Problem Continues

ALCARLOS

Senior
Aug 8, 2004
Numerous flights on Sunday were delayed an hour or two since there was no one available to push the plane back. Source - Pilot announcements prior to takeoff.

I assume somthing is being done to resolve the Philadelphia ramp challenges, but I have not heard. Does anyone know what is going on?

You have got to remember that TODAY was the LAST DAY for a Ramp Employees to call in sick AND GET PAID FOR IT. It happened all around the system not just PHL. And durring all of this where was Maintenance? And besides, the Company should have known this was going to happen, they wrote the contract. Yes I know members voted it in ( in the Hubs at least).

How can that be true as I seem to remember Hawk stating they were getting the situation under control?

Al Crellin folks.

HE is responsible for PHL and either fixing it or allowing it to continue to piss off customers and employees alike. Al Crellin is in charge of operations and has the ultimate responsibility for PHL.

If PHL is not fixed all the new routes and new contracts are meaningless. PHL will spell the end of US Airways.

Al Crellin must go and someone must replace him who can fix PHL. Good luck.

Crellin and PHL go hand in hand.

mr

It does work with the" paper model" that is the preferred approach used in CCY. They pull it out and on paper it works.

There is no problem that cannot be fixed by an eraser or white out. If it works on paper then it has to work in the field.

The biggest concern that gets addressed when something goes wrong is who to blame it on. Not fix the problem.

When a problem is brought up something like this happens. The mangers sit in a circle with the right hand over the top of their head scratching their left ear, saying the prescribed mantra "Da Der..Der Da. That should fix any operational problems.

This should make any front line employee feel that things are under control.

The employees need to DEMAND that PHL be fixed. You all have too much invested for it not to be fixed. The union leaders must DEMAND that PHL be fixed. In public, in the newspapers, letting the passengers know that the employees are just as pissed off about it as they are.

DEMAND that Crellin either fix it or resign. Set a deadline. Keep the pressure on him. Put his name out there. Let everyone understand who has the responsibility for PHL.

Crellin is the problem. Maybe the employees hold the key to his demise or success. Put pressure on him. Anyone who is in the know understands the Christmas fiasco, as well as the daily fiasco's, are a management induced problem. DEMAND the management fix it. Loudly and so your customers know you want it fixed. Pressure can do amazing things. Just look what you've all given back due to the "pressure" of the threat of liquidation.

mr

As I have said in the past, AL should be running PHL Daily. Not just on paper, BUT THERE DAILY. If it doesnt turn around, AL MUST GO. Management can complain all they want but until the day comes when they are serious about fixing what is broken, nothing will change.

Heard a number thrown around this morning when we were discussing PHL and its problems. Someone said 224 people short? Is this just outside or inside and out? Knowing how the "staffing model" works it wouldnt surprise me if its true. That along with not replacing people who have left. It would be interesting to see just what they have on paper in regards to what they think can work in a station with the size and volume of PHL. I bet that would be an eye opener. :shock:

700UW said:
Crellin just blames Paladini.
[post="244011"][/post]​

OK Mr. Moderator......I will try to be more politically correct.......

This is the true sign of an inept Manager (VP) when they are willing to blame everyone but themselves.

Better?

You can leave your attitude for someone else.

I was just trying to explain to you how Crellin deflected the blame for the X-Mas meltdown at PHL all onto Paladini's back.

The attitude was not directed at you.......I posted something and the moderator removed it....I had to repost in a more politically correct tone.

I agree with your post 100%.....Al will balme anyone but himself.

tadjr said:
Heard a number thrown around this morning when we were discussing PHL and its problems. Someone said 224 people short? Is this just outside or inside and out?
[post="244028"][/post]​

That number is accurate and is for the ramp only! However, that number does not include the 15 agents who just got their transfer or are retiring in the next month! It's more like 240+ now.

But on the bright side...we did just have a new hire class of.......4! :unsure: