PHL scheduling pulling some questionable acts this morning

andyperkins

Advanced
Contributor
Sep 22, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
This morning scheduling was really pulling some questionable acts in PHL while covering trips that were opening. They were letting trips sit open for a while before they were covering them and a few became quick calls before they were covered…

One trip in particular was 43019..this is the 2- day Aruba turn that overnights in CLT…this trip sat open for 1:10 before it was covered by a JR Reserve out of LTO order…I called scheduling on this, and the reason I was given is they were working on stuff as fast as they could…I would like them to try and show they had so much going on that they couldn’t cover this trip sooner and in LTO order! (It’s their contract also!)

Anyway, check screen 18 and see if you may be entitled to a claim for the time if you were skipped today by scheduling. I suggest that you put in a claim for the 16:56 the trip pays….I don’t have contacts for everyone on screen 18, so if you see someone’s name you can get in touch with please let them know I’m sure they can use the money…

Pairing 43019 Org. 30 November 2006
70 F/A’s skipped
Trip opened at 0845
Covered at 0955

I tried to call the AFA officers to get some feedback about how to handle this but no one is there today. O’ its there last day in office isn’t it?

I had a similar situation happen to me while sitting OPR. A trip was open for almost two hours before they finally decided to call the reserves sitting OPR. They said they could not call and give it to a f/a if OPR f/a's were on duty. I have NEVER heard of such a thing. Andy at least you caught this. Different situations happen that many and I do mean MANY don't know their contract. Thanks for the info.

One trip in particular was 43019..this is the 2- day Aruba turn that overnights in CLT…this trip sat open for 1:10 before it was covered by a JR Reserve out of LTO order…

Pairing 43019 Org. 30 November 2006
70 F/A’s skipped
Trip opened at 0845
Covered at 0955

I would be helpful if we knew what LTO the f/a that was awarded/assigned the trip to know if we could claim it. Thanks

Thanks!

I actually looked it up. The f/a was the only reserve and many many people were passed. In the 45.01 bucket the f/a's sen. #6540. The flight attendant was NOT on quick call nor was he the most junior to be quick called.

Time to hold scheduling accountable folks...claim away.

This morning, crew scheduling called out 2 extrs sections of OPR. One was pairing 10493 from 0930-1330, and the other was pairing 10411 from 1130-1530. Called out due to irreg operations in PHL as a result of the fog.
One of the RSVs from these extra sections got the trip after all the the OPRs passed on it.
Why, as a reserve would you want a 17hr 2 day trip when there are only two days left in the month and your not going to get your time in.
Crew sched processed this trip correctly.

This morning, crew scheduling called out 2 extrs sections of OPR. One was pairing 10493 from 0930-1330, and the other was pairing 10411 from 1130-1530. Crew sched processed this trip correctly.
The section of the contact that was utilized in the above situation (if anyone cares to look it up) is Section 11
Reserve Duty, Letter E, #1 & #2. Since the trip opened up at 0845 and scheduled departure was 1020 it would have delayed the flight even further thus #2 of letter E applies.

The section of the contact that was utilized in the above situation (if anyone cares to look it up) is Section 11
Reserve Duty, Letter E, #1 & #2. Since the trip opened up at 0845 and scheduled departure was 1020 it would have delayed the flight even further thus #2 of letter E applies.
All i know, was that the OPR phone rang at 0930 and a few FAs on the extra section of OPR passed it to one of the junior guys. He accepted it way before 0955. He bolted out of the crew room to get to gate A26. Even after he accepted the trip, crew sched didnt put him on it till 0955. Must have been busy.

I have another scheduling question. I had a LGW trip on the 29th and picked up a short red-eye that ended at 6am on the 29th to drop that first trip. Later that afternoon I notice I was still on the trip sheet and called schd to tell them I have touch this day and should not be on that any more. They said it was my responsibility to tell them I wanted the lgw trip dropped since I was legal for it.
I thought a touch same day is all thats needed unless I wanted to keep that same day trip? Any suggestion on where I can find the correct language for this. She's writing me up and pulling the tapes , she says?

Until you work in scheduling, you have absolutely no idea how busy it can get there. I'm not sure about the east, but it's especially true on the west during bid transition. Even more so when you consider there are ATC ground delayprograms for EWR, LGA, PHL, YYZ, DTW, CLE and ORD.

Since you came in early and your trip leaves late, giving you enough duty rest, you would still be legal. It's the same for flying back-to-back red-eyes or all-nighters. You have to advise scheduling whether you plan on flying the second trip or dropping. It is at your option to drop the second pairing, but it has to be done before noon the previous day.

Since you came in early, you would still be legal. It's the same for flying back-to-back red-eyes or all-nighters. You have to advise scheduling whether you plan on flying the second trip or dropping.
Where can I find that written language? Is this considered a mis-flight or what? Thanks

Where can I find that written language? Is this considered a mis-flight or what? Thanks
Duty break info can be found on pages 10-2 thru 10-6. You have enough rest to be legal for the LGW trip, so unless you tell scheduling that you wish to "drop", which is your right, you would be responsible for it like any other trip. It's not a "mis-flight", it's always been this way. Sorry <_<

I have another scheduling question. I had a LGW trip on the 29th and picked up a short red-eye that ended at 6am on the 29th to drop that first trip. Later that afternoon I notice I was still on the trip sheet and called schd to tell them I have touch this day and should not be on that any more. They said it was my responsibility to tell them I wanted the lgw trip dropped since I was legal for it.
I thought a touch same day is all thats needed unless I wanted to keep that same day trip? Any suggestion on where I can find the correct language for this. She's writing me up and pulling the tapes , she says?
It has always been the F/A's responsibility to let crew sched. know if they were going to keep their trip. If I remember correctly, A long time ago, a sched took someone off their trip, due to the fact they "touched" that day, and the BH wanted to keep the trip. After that, all the responsibility fell to the F/A's, to eleviate any confusion. It is our responsibility to let crew sched. know if we intend to keep our trip, when we are legal to fly it. Sorry for the bad news.