PHX Mtx to go 5 & 2

Warchant

Mar 22, 2007
las
With our friend Mr. Bobzin :down: spending the last week in CLT and this week in PIT, the word on the floor is that shortly after his arrival back to PHX, he's going to put every shift on a 5 & 2 just like the East has it.

Now I understand the East likes the 5 & 2 for day trades and commuting purposes, but maybe each hub station should decide on what works best for them! Who wants to travel an extra day when you don't have to. 3 days off evey week is nice :up: .

Perhaps management shouldn't rock the boat; otherwise they might be the ones looking for a life jacket, unless you're DP and don't care about the little people who keep your product in the air.

I was formerly PSA myself (4 day work wk). Then the allegheny
mentality took over the joint. "No more of those 3 day weekends for you!!" said Mr.(insert name here) from the IAM local back in PIT. He goes on to say "union men fought and died for a 40 hour / 5 day work week. and we sure as hell 'aint gonna change it now!"

Warchant- welcome to my world :angry:

With our friend Mr. Bobzin :down: spending the last week in CLT and this week in PIT, the word on the floor is that shortly after his arrival back to PHX, he's going to put every shift on a 5 & 2 just like the East has it.

Now I understand the East likes the 5 & 2 for day trades and commuting purposes, but maybe each hub station should decide on what works best for them! Who wants to travel an extra day when you don't have to. 3 days off evey week is nice :up: .

Perhaps management shouldn't rock the boat; otherwise they might be the ones looking for a life jacket, unless you're DP and don't care about the little people who keep your product in the air.
The question here is,how many jobs will this add or take away from what you have now.Do you work a 24/7 operation.
How much over time do you work.Do they allow swaps.

The 10hr day cuts back on daily OT on the east,no swaps daily,no one can work 20hrs a day.

If you want OT and swaps do the 5/2 if not demand to stay the way you are now.But realize the 5/2 with swaps can get you the 3 or 4 day weekend.We do it all the time.
But it should be local preferance,what do you want.

Its my guess that 5/2 will bring in more workers and more money for you you will be able to work 4 or 8 hrs ot a day.

We do not do the day swaps like the east does as we do not have the comuters and most of us fought long and hard to get the 4&3 in place - by the way it work quite nicely for overtime here makes for some nice checks.

I have worked both and the 4/10s is much better IMHO. If you want to work OT work one of your off days, 10 hours OT on your next check and you still have 2 days off. OR win the CIC and not have to work OT and enjoy your 3 days a week off!

Hey if you like it,Then fight to keep it.It should be done as local preferance as it is here.If we vote on it and there is no with managment then thats the way it goes.
By all means fight for it.If its working now no reason to change it. :up: :up: :up:

Just work and try to get a station agreement going, happens all the time. I prefer the 5 & 2, as even when not having to commute, getting your 40 hr pay in 2.5 days is a pretty sweet deal.

Hey if you like it,Then fight to keep it.It should be done as local preferance as it is here.If we vote on it and there is no with managment then thats the way it goes.
By all means fight for it.If its working now no reason to change it. :up: :up: :up:
Hope they work it in along with double OT in the transition talk's. That 3 DAYS OFF is real nice! :up:

Just work and try to get a station agreement going, happens all the time. I prefer the 5 & 2, as even when not having to commute, getting your 40 hr pay in 2.5 days is a pretty sweet deal.

So the East has the same deal as WN. Do I understand correctly that you work two doubles (16hrs) and then come in for 4 more and are off the rest of the week?

So the East has the same deal as WN. Do I understand correctly that you work two doubles (16hrs) and then come in for 4 more and are off the rest of the week?

The way most do it is 2 doubles and an easy eight then you are off 4 days. They only problem is the company limits the amount of swaps to 20/quarter. You are forced to adjust by way of comps, dats, sick, ect. No reason 26 swaps per qt are not allowed other than to F*** with the troops!!!

Don't really like the idea of 4/3 using the 10hr work day as I believe many jobs would be chopped.

No jobs were lost when we went to a 4&3 - infact going back to a 5&2 would wind up costing jobs as shifts were beefed up to do the 4&3.

No jobs were lost when we went to a 4&3 - infact going back to a 5&2 would wind up costing jobs as shifts were beefed up to do the 4&3.
So on a 10 hr day your there 10.5 right.
Swaps have a bad side too.We have 1/2 over lap.So you loose 1/2 hr every swap.And 2 unpaid luches,makes a long day. :down: :down: :down:

This is one way we got some of our Brothers Back who were on layoff when the company let go 500+ in our BK days and we got most of our guys back, At least those who wanted to come back. So may be back east you guys can help save some of your brothers on lay off with a 4/3. :) Have a nice night.

Latest posts