Pilots Don't Be Fooled

A/C 428US a 737-400 has all ready been returned to the lessor.

A/C 573 has been in PIT heavy maintenance for several months now undergoing lap joint repairs.

A/C 350 has been parked in PIT for several months not being worked or flown due to lap joint issues.

Company had all ready approached the union on vendoring the planes out to a third party maintenance facility and they were given a flat out no.

The FAA had found the paint company in New Iberia, LA using razor blades to scratch paint off, that is why 573 has stopped from being painted in ARA and flown back to PIT. It is completely stripped of all paint.

Every single 737 US Airways flies has to be inspected for the same problem now.

So tell me how this information is a rumor? No one from US Airways has given firm evidence of 60 ADDITIONAL planes joining the fleet.

Now ask yourself this, if US Airways is in risk of losing RJ Financing, how are they gonna buy or lease a plane that cost three times as much?

The FAA had found the paint company in New Iberai, LA using razor blades to scratch paint off, that is why 573 has stopped from being painted in ARA and flown back to PIT. It is completely stripped of all paint.

700UW,
Please tell me this isn't another example of "You get what you pay for" .

The sad thing is there is suppose to be a US Airways Quality Assurance Foreman at the facility overseeing the work.

Let the record speak for itself.

700UW said:
The sad thing is there is suppose to be a US Airways Quality Assurance Foreman at the facility overseeing the work.

Let the record speak for itself.
Although it is well known that US wants to be an Airbus only fleet..

you still don't know if they are replacement planes or not.

why doesnt the company actually bring back the parked airbus, let the iam mtc related folks fix them up to where they should be and parked the affected boeing 737s until or if they can be fixed???

robbedagain said:
why doesnt the company actually bring back the parked airbus, let the iam mtc related folks fix them up to where they should be and parked the affected boeing 737s until or if they can be fixed???
Why??? Because it would make good sense and show I sign of a positive change of direction for once.

They cannot brow-beat the employee's unless they are making negative moves that lead to negative yields. You cannot take from the emloyee's while doing productive moves.

I have to wonder...is U's desire to tear itself down to the lowest possible levels?..garner industry destroying concessions to reverse the current trend , then emerge as a viable business in terms of lining the pockets of only the select few corporate officers and investors?

I have to wonder if all the corporate posted negativity is not part of a very very long range plan? Imagine what you could do if the laboring groups all caved in and worked for next to nothing. HP is doing great things with lower pay scales...U could do much more with more of the same. This would take no talent or strategic vision to achieve on the part of our upper management. Yet they would get theirs ...and we as labor would get a sharp stick in the eye for how many more years to come?

Another classic example of "Third Party Maintenance".

--Another fool has been bitten by the "low bidder".

Rest assured people in the know realize third party maintenance rarely works and realize it is not cheaper.

Who is going to pay for this mess? Don't ask me too.

AOG,

Unlike HP:

Managment needs to heed their own advice they sing to labor regarding Lowering costs .....thiers.....

WE STILL NEED TO 'MOVE ON DOWN THE SCALE' WITH MANAGEMENT COSTS E.G., SALARIES, PERKS, PERSONAL PERFOMANCE BONUSES, STOCK ALLOCATIONS, FIRST CLASS SPACE POSITIVE SEATING FOR THEMSELVES AND FAMILY WHEN VACATIONING, EXPENSE ACCOUNTS ETC., ETC., ETC....

AOG-N-IT said:
Why??? Because it would make good sense and show I sign of a positive change of direction for once.

They cannot brow-beat the employee's unless they are making negative moves that lead to negative yields. You cannot take from the emloyee's while doing productive moves.

I have to wonder...is U's desire to tear itself down to the lowest possible levels?..garner industry destroying concessions to reverse the current trend , then emerge as a viable business in terms of lining the pockets of only the select few corporate officers and investors?

I have to wonder if all the corporate posted negativity is not part of a very very long range plan? Imagine what you could do if the laboring groups all caved in and worked for next to nothing. HP is doing great things with lower pay scales...U could do much more with more of the same. This would take no talent or strategic vision to achieve on the part of our upper management. Yet they would get theirs ...and we as labor would get a sharp stick in the eye for how many more years to come?
Do you think they are that smart?

Sometimes the actions of "those people" are just dumb moves. Makes you wonder how they got the job. . .

Hope you don't mind my jumping in here. .. :D

robbedagain said:
last time we checked.....the previously parked a/c in BK already have been re-leased and some of which have already run out of time.to the tune of some 6 or so a/c...i'm not exactly sure on the exact number.can someone please help? :shock:

delldude said:
last time we checked.....the previously parked a/c in BK already have been re-leased and some of which have already run out of time.to the tune of some 6 or so a/c...i'm not exactly sure on the exact number.can someone please help? :shock:
That would be pretty close Dell.....707 is being "Pickle-Prepped" in PHL tonight.

Care to guess what the earning potential for a one-way flight from PHL to GYR is?

BTW....and this is for the benefit of 700UW. The company that jack hammered the joint compound out of our B737's in New Iberia La. is called Aviation Exteriors Inc....and lets not forget the damage to the skin where metal scrapers and razor blades were used to remove stubborn paint either. This shows how ill prepared and educated another 3rd party vendor was , while under contract with us. Yes , you do get what you pay for...and paying for it seems to be what we do best under the present leadership.

Thankfully the pain they inflicted on our planes was caught by an FAA Inspector...imagine what the long term issues would be with a masked over problem under a shake and bake paint job , had they not caught them in the act of damaging our Acft.

I hope U can get something out of this? The lost revenue making ability and the labor alone for these repairs will be astronomical.

701, 702, 703, 706, 707 and 101 are now parked due to needing their S-Check.

706,707 and 101 were the planes re-leased again after bankruptcy and they only had a little over a month flying time left.

So lets see in the company's legal briefs they claim they are losing $43,000 a day in lost revenue, that is not counting lease costs, insurance and storage fees.

$43,000 X 6=$258,000 in lost revenue per day, now $258,000 X 4 =$1,032,000 every four days.

And we all wonder why US Airways is in such financial difficulty.

Latest posts