US Airways Looking to replace 737s

Athema, go to the liberal provided free library to look up that word.

When a320av8r gets his lips separated from mngts tutu, maybe we can understand its ravings.

They aren't here to feather your nest, freakajoid. They are here to make you bow down and contibute more to themselves, like you are too stupid to comprehend simple english, not that I would expect the CLT dudes to understand intelligence at all, porker. Oh, sorry, turkey.
No results found for athema.

I did ####.
Bite me.

Kind of like what happens when you go to work and expect to be treated as an ASSet instead of a liability.

emb 190's. ETOPS to Ireland and transcon PHL-LAX.

Yeah baby, U is now LCC. What an outfit.

Kind of like what happens when you go to work and expect to be treated as an ASSet instead of a liability.

Yeah baby, U is now LCC. What an outfit.

What airline do you think should be used as a model of how pilots should be treated?

After a couple of months of the 170's being back on PHL-MSP and having been on them twice a week since thn I can saythat if the 190's in coach are as comfortable as the 170's I'll happily take it as far as it will go over the new 319 configuration. The leg room is fine, the seat is fine even for a fatty like me. In fact just lasst week I flew the 170 to MSP and did a ZED on NW back on their 319. No contest the 170 wins hands down. the only complaint I have found with the 170 so far is that the tray table was poorly located on the seat back. There is a lip over the top that when a laptop computer is open sits right on top of the screen so that if the person in front of you reclines without warning it would destroy the laptop. Ideal solution would be changing the mounting system. Realistic solution is please tell the person behind you that you are about to recline on a 170.

After a couple of months of the 170's being back on PHL-MSP and having been on them twice a week since thn I can saythat if the 190's in coach are as comfortable as the 170's I'll happily take it as far as it will go over the new 319 configuration. The leg room is fine, the seat is fine even for a fatty like me. In fact just lasst week I flew the 170 to MSP and did a ZED on NW back on their 319. No contest the 170 wins hands down. the only complaint I have found with the 170 so far is that the tray table was poorly located on the seat back. There is a lip over the top that when a laptop computer is open sits right on top of the screen so that if the person in front of you reclines without warning it would destroy the laptop. Ideal solution would be changing the mounting system. Realistic solution is please tell the person behind you that you are about to recline on a 170.

Don't get too excited about the seat pitch of the 190 - it will be no where near that of the 170. I believe Y will be 30"/31" whereas the 170 is either 33" or 34"

What airline do you think should be used as a model of how pilots should be treated?

This isn't a pilot thing. This is an employee thing. Pilots are employees as is everyone else who earns (notice I didn't say gets) a paycheck from LCC.

As far as airlines go Southwest is the absolute best at treating their employees as assets. They truly understand how important employees are. Especially in a service industry like this one.

Certainly they have their mgt/emp problems. But they get ironed out and they move on. Mostly because they have a management who knows how to run an airline and how to treat the people who work there.

But I wouldn't limit it to airlines. There are a lot of companies out there who treat employees as assets. Forbes magazine puts out an issue each year listing the best companies to work for.

If I were the Ayatollah in charge one of my first goals would be to be on that list. Interestingly, almost all of the companies that make that list are the same ones who are profitable year in and year out.

Southwest is always on that list by the way.

pilot

This isn't a pilot thing. This is an employee thing. Pilots are employees as is everyone else who earns (notice I didn't say gets) a paycheck from LCC.

As far as airlines go Southwest is the absolute best at treating their employees as assets. They truly understand how important employees are. Especially in a service industry like this one.

Certainly they have their mgt/emp problems. But they get ironed out and they move on. Mostly because they have a management who knows how to run an airline and how to treat the people who work there.

But I wouldn't limit it to airlines. There are a lot of companies out there who treat employees as assets. Forbes magazine puts out an issue each year listing the best companies to work for.

If I were the Ayatollah in charge one of my first goals would be to be on that list. Interestingly, almost all of the companies that make that list are the same ones who are profitable year in and year out.

Southwest is always on that list by the way.

pilot

Lets say it is a pilot "thing" for a moment, what airline would you choose to fly for if you had a chance? Southwest has only recently arrived on the scene, some people like to use them as a model but it was not too long ago they were a Wal Mart with wings.

Southwest has not recently arrived on the scene. They began in 1972 and were considered "wal-mart" by only the aristocrats, the major airlines, and largely ignored. Meanwhile they created a model for the airline business that has far and away been the most succesful in aviation history. And they did it based on empowering employees and treating them as family.

Who would I fly for? We should all be so lucky as to work for a company like Southwest. The sad thing is that model could be in place here if anyone in Tempe had any brains. But it's all about the bottom line. Screw the employees, bottom line is all that matters.

And I won't say it's a pilot thing for even a moment. Because unless all employees are treated correctly success will never be achieved. Long ago Piedmont and Allegheny treated their people with respect. And the employees went above and beyond to make the company work. And it did work. Then the mergers came, the BOD started hiring Harvard guys who don't get it and the airline started a tailspin.

If DP wants success here all he needs to do is copy Southwest. But since you can't put a number in a column labled employee goodwill I don't see it happening.

Southwest has not recently arrived on the scene. They began in 1972 and were considered "wal-mart" by only the aristocrats, the major airlines, and largely ignored. Meanwhile they created a model for the airline business that has far and away been the most succesful in aviation history. And they did it based on empowering employees and treating them as family.

Who would I fly for? We should all be so lucky as to work for a company like Southwest. The sad thing is that model could be in place here if anyone in Tempe had any brains. But it's all about the bottom line. Screw the employees, bottom line is all that matters.

And I won't say it's a pilot thing for even a moment. Because unless all employees are treated correctly success will never be achieved. Long ago Piedmont and Allegheny treated their people with respect. And the employees went above and beyond to make the company work. And it did work. Then the mergers came, the BOD started hiring Harvard guys who don't get it and the airline started a tailspin.

If DP wants success here all he needs to do is copy Southwest. But since you can't put a number in a column labled employee goodwill I don't see it happening.

My point is, as far as airlines go every dog has its day. We will see what kind of a company it will be when its growth slows and fuel hedges go away. Wall Street is not betting on them.Southwest Stock

Your point is mistaken. Southwest isn't an airline. It's a COMPANY built on sound business practice, ethics, morals and employee morale. It invented fuel hedging. It had the insight to do so. And it will continue to pioneer ways to make its formula work. It changes as its business changes. Southwest is proactive. Not reactive like LCC. Stock price? Yeah, I remember how they bet on the dot-coms. Wall Street is a sure way to measure the success or failure of a company. I get your erroneous point. You excuse LCC and hope for LUV failure. You think all companies must do what LCC does. You are wrong.

This isn't about airlines. This is about how a company views and treats its employees. The successful companies know how important employees are. The others don't. LCC doesn't.

LCC is in for a serious employee problem. And they don't even see it coming. Watch what happens on Thanksgiving and especially Christmas. The crap that will hit this airline is indicative of the mindset of the management.

The only thing that has changed at LCC since the two BK's and merger is the wages and benefits of the employees. All the other incompetence and lack of management remain.

pilot

Yep the E190 indeed. Pilots flying it for less money and only two f/a's in the back. There ya go. Junior f/a's to boot. That service will blow. Some of those 737's DO need replaced. Will we ever grow? :rolleyes:

Hi there,Sunshine.I'm new to this webboard but have been learking for a few months. I've read quite a few of your posts and I'm just wondering. Do you ever have anything uplifting to say?

Latest posts