Pilot's Rule

Guess it proves the old adage, if you cannot address the issue because it hit too closer to home then attack somebody else.

L1011Ret said:
Guess it proves the old adage, if you cannot address the issue because it hit too closer to home then attack somebody else.
[post="288062"][/post]​
And now that you're here. it will become a TWA issue...........

:rolleyes:

StraaightTaalk Jan 2 2005, 11:02 AM Post #8

Group: Registered Member
Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE(AA80Driver @ Jan 2 2005, 08:53 AM)
The APA actually tried to insource work to AA, but APFA and TWU weren't interested, and negotiations ended 1 May 04. Care to answer that one?

If you haven't noticed, a whole lot of pilot jobs have been outsourced...a number due to the recalcitrant stance of TWU and APFA on flying "they didn't want". I think that was a good lesson on the value of "labor coalitions". How about you worry about your own contract and let the pilots worry about theirs.

Typical AA pilot BS. When have they ever cared about anybody but themselves?

In 1997, just before their 2 and a half minute faux-strike, while they were fighting for superior non-rev privileges for themselves and for their extended/multiple families, they wanted the other employees to wear "Scope" pins, to support keeping the flying at AA, while, in negotiations, they told the company they didn't care who worked the cabin or serviced the plane, as long as the pilots were AA/APA. What a joke. When a pilot offered me a pin, I told him where to stick it.

I guess StraaightTaalk is full of chit too!

Hopeful said:
Right! Like the pilots didn't propose this years ago!

Right A** WIPES!
[post="288087"][/post]​

Right over your head again.

Yaaawwwn. Like CSPAN late night, a fair amount of yapping with little coherence or accuracy :D

Sorry folks for the Yahoo chatboard imitation.

At the time, a number of pilots admitted that, yes, their union was attempting the priority pass thing, and professed to be embarrassed about it.

The denials came later. And keep coming.

Before we continue this useless squabbling we should remember that within the pilot group there are struggles and differences just like any of us see within our own groups. Just as the TWU has company friendly people in place the pilots union is subject to the same problem. However it has been my experience that there are many pilots who are true unionists who do realize that we are better off being allies than adversaries.

During the Hard Copy incident the pilots were very supportive and it helped bring about a quick, positive, resolution.

Bob Owens said:
Before we continue this useless squabbling we should remember that within the pilot group there are struggles and differences just like any of us see within our own groups. Just as the TWU has company friendly people in place the pilots union is subject to the same problem. However it has been my experience that there are many pilots who are true unionists who do realize that we are better off being allies than adversaries.

During the Hard Copy incident the pilots were very supportive and it helped bring about a quick, positive, resolution.
[post="288197"][/post]​

Bob,
The last true "unionists" in the pilots' ranks were the Eastern Airlines pilots. They knew that they were next on the chopping block after Lorenzo went after the IAM. They could have easily adopted the "I got mine" doctrine and possibly would have helped Lorenzo and EAL survive.

In reference to your "useless squabbling" remark, remember what topic started this thread. PILOT EGO.

And I am sure you remember the pilot arrogance when their superior non rev boarding priority was suggested.

Another question. How would the pilots feel if more and more maintenance work were outsourced at AA?

Hopeful,Aug 14 2005, 03:43 PM]
Bob,
The last true "unionists" in the pilots' ranks were the Eastern Airlines pilots. They knew that they were next on the chopping block after Lorenzo went after the IAM. They could have easily adopted the "I got mine" doctrine and possibly would have helped Lorenzo and EAL survive.

Only because they saw it happen at Continental six years earlier. At Continental they crossed the picket lines and shortly after Lorenzo busted the IAM he brought the company into Bankruptcy to void the Pilots contract. So the EAL pilots were not much different than anyone else. Lorenzo practiced "divide and conquer".

In reference to your "useless squabbling" remark, remember what topic started this thread. PILOT EGO.

And I am sure you remember the pilot arrogance when their superior non rev boarding priority was suggested.
Another question. How would the pilots feel if more and more maintenance work were outsourced at AA?

Probably about as strongly as we did when the TWU allowed the company to contract out building cleaning, automotive stores, the bus drivers and cabin service, and we are in the same union. The question is do we sit and point fingers at each other for transgressions in the past or work towards building a productive alliance?

Bottom line is the pilots would never support our issues.

The TWU would not support theirs. Hell, the TWU doesn't support its own members' causes.

To a pilot, an A&P holder is the same no matter who possesses it!

Wretched Wrench said:
At the time, a number of pilots admitted that, yes, their union was attempting the priority pass thing, and professed to be embarrassed about it.

The denials came later. And keep coming.
[post="288160"][/post]​

As I covered in the earlier thread, more than a few pilots didn't have a clue what the issue was and actually believed the company line on copies passed out gleefully by AA managers the very next morning (as did clueless folks like yourself). APA also failed to communicate the goals ahead of time to it's members, and still screws up the same way now.

The goal was to have AA airline employees have priority over all the goofy non-airline divisions of AMR when it came to non-rev travel. Since APA cannot ask for FA/TWU ect bennies, we can only ask for ourselves. Direct Deposit came about the same way. When AMR figured it was cheaper to have everyone on the same paycheck method, every AA employee got it. That came about because of pilot leverage only. Other companies had it for years, Crando was enjoying $250K of float until we forced the issue. Some here will deny it forever. You're welcome.

So pull out your Carty/Crandall propoganda and run it up the flagpole for the 100th time.

Mach85ER said:
The goal was to have AA airline employees have priority over all the goofy non-airline divisions of AMR when it came to non-rev travel. Since APA cannot ask for FA/TWU ect bennies, we can only ask for ourselves.

Same old spin. But the truth got out before the spin did.