pilots’ union indicates decision

Sounds more like wishful thinking, then being prepared for losing your scope clause with a no vote, AA told you what they were going to ask the judge for .When the line mechs voted no, we were not giving much more then an .82 cent raise and matching 401k. We were prepared for the term sheet. The pilots were giving up a lot more and should have been prepared for the term sheet by voting no.

WRONG!!!

APA has won a major battle but still fighting the war.

WRONG!!!

APA has won a major battle but still fighting the war.

Claim victory all you want, but once AA makes the minor revision to scope and furlough changes it'll be a slam dunk and unpleasant changes will be put in motion.

Josh

Maybe it's just confusion over the somewhat cavalier attitude you and several others had towards the reality and gravity of a filing during the year or so leading up to the actual filing?

Or maybe it's the several occasions where you've responded to statements about "lawyers on the courthouse steps" by quipping "there are no steps on the courthouse in Manhattan"...

I'm not going to go digging thru years of posts to find that stuff. I know you didn't come right out and say "it's just a bluff and negotiating tactic to put another gun to our head like in 2003" but your "bring it on" attitude certainly would leave someone to with the perception that you didn't believe the company was going to file.

I'll tell you what I said. Some on the International were saying that we needed to give the company a concessionary deal or we could put them into BK, my reply was that there wasnt enough savings to be had from Maint to go that route since we were already at the bottom of the industry and the one thing we had-the Pension- was costing them less than the DC plans that competotors put in place.

Reactions: 1 person
Claim victory all you want, but once AA makes the minor revision to scope and furlough changes it'll be a slam dunk and unpleasant changes will be put in motion.

Josh

Minor? ANY revision to scope and furlough, in the favor of labor, is NOT minor! Especially if you are in the bottom 50%.