Pilots Union Puts Arpey on Notice

The Pilots have been negotiating for about 6 months now, you would think after all that time they would have progressed some wouldn't you ? follow this link ( http://www.apanegotiations.com/LinkClick.a...=65&mid=427 ) and you will see that so far all the company has offered them is a boot in the ass :eek:

The Pilots have a Negotiations website that give info on their current status.
this is a sign of what is headed our way.

http://www.apanegotiations.com
Its always been this way,Even in the best of times its a 2 year drawn out deal to reach agreement. This is par for the course.

It works well for both sides, save the company money by not paying raises and other work rule changes in that drawn out time. The savings can be made to offer a larger % when we sign, helps to sell the agreement to the employees as they vote. Amazing most people dont realize they are losing, and that possibly taking a smaller raise 2 years earlier that is compounded is worth more than a slightly larger one at the end of a protracted negotiation. It serve both the company and the unions well.

As a former TWA Captain, I would vigorously disagree with your statement about TWA pilots being the lowest paid in the industry. Not so at all.
Well the TWA F/A's doubled their pay when AA bought them..... seems like the pilots did the same !!!

Well the TWA F/A's doubled their pay when AA bought them..... seems like the pilots did the same !!!

Doubled their pay? I am looking for my old contract (I sent quite a few to AA f/as during the illegal RPA fiasko). I believe it was around a $5 difference per hour (based on straight time). I lost free medical and a 14% 401K contribution. We had straight time and no overtime difference. (blended time COULD have been a negotiating item) And no foreign nationals since 1976. With the RPA cuts, the pay became comparable without many of the offsets. Double, I wish. There is no way I would have retired if I had been making $90+ an hour. Even on rotating reserve and AVL, that would have been financial stupidity not to come back at that rate... AA offered nice pay rates but unless my paycheck was greatly shorted, it was nowhere near $90+ an hour. I LOVE social services but it certainly doesn't pay $90+ an hour. WOW! I wonder if I send in back pay stubs they will "correct" their terrible shortage?

Absolute nonsense. Pure fiction. Making up stuff you would like yo be true just puts you in major conflict with that part of yourself that wants to be seen as honest. Your credability as a poster worth listening to is rapidly being eroded by your inability to be honest with yourself.

Doubled their pay? I am looking for my old contract (I sent quite a few to AA f/as during the illegal RPA fiasko). I believe it was around a $5 difference per hour (based on straight time). I lost free medical and a 14% 401K contribution. We had straight time and no overtime difference. (blended time COULD have been a negotiating item) And no foreign nationals since 1976. With the RPA cuts, the pay became comparable without many of the offsets. Double, I wish. There is no way I would have retired if I had been making $90+ an hour. Even on rotating reserve and AVL, that would have been financial stupidity not to come back at that rate... AA offered nice pay rates but unless my paycheck was greatly shorted, it was nowhere near $90+ an hour. I LOVE social services but it certainly doesn't pay $90+ an hour. WOW! I wonder if I send in back pay stubs they will "correct" their terrible shortage?
Correct me if I'm wrong but the TWA f/as were making $28 per hour.. When AA bought TWA ( 2001 )they jumped to $50 or more per hour. I'm not talking about after the RPA went into play... Hey we still make the most per hour among the 3 big airlines.... not including Southwest..

Absolute nonsense. Pure fiction. Making up stuff you would like yo be true just puts you in major conflict with that part of yourself that wants to be seen as honest. Your credability as a poster worth listening to is rapidly being eroded by your inability to be honest with yourself.
Ok you're going to tell me that the TWA pilots were making more money than the AA pilots just prior to AA buying TWA ????? TWA was ready to close its doors... I cant imagine that the aircrafts rates being more at TWA ... please !!!!!

Ok you're going to tell me that the TWA pilots were making more money than the AA pilots just prior to AA buying TWA ????? TWA was ready to close its doors... I cant imagine that the aircrafts rates being more at TWA ... please !!!!!

You are in worse shape than I thought, where does it say TWA pilots made more than AA pilots?

You are in worse shape than I thought, where does it say TWA pilots made more than AA pilots?
I was refering to your post about TWA pilots being paid the lowest in the industry.... I believe they were ... come on they were ready to shut down .... 2 or more trips to BK surely would have done that and then some....

Correct me if I'm wrong but the TWA f/as were making $28 per hour.. When AA bought TWA ( 2001 )they jumped to $50 or more per hour. I'm not talking about after the RPA went into play... Hey we still make the most per hour among the 3 big airlines.... not including Southwest..

You're wrong grasshopper. Maybe at the lower seniorities but not at mine. In 1983 our top pay was $50 for FSMs (Intn Pursers) Not anywhere near $28..lol I still want my $90 an hour oh great double the pay industry leading dollar per hour. Why do you think we've been having these "heated" discussions. It was a 'nice" dollar per hour raise but that was offset by the loss of the 401K contribution and the free medical. Our passes cost less and SOME of our work rules more "generous".

I was referring to your post about TWA pilots being paid the lowest in the industry.... I believe they were ... come on they were ready to shut down .... 2 or more trips to BK surely would have done that and then some....
<_< ------- And the man said they weren't the lowest paid in the industry! I don't know! That's not the same as saying they made "more" than AA pilots! And just because TWA was on the brink of being broke, doesn't mean they were the lowest paid ether! So you really can't "assume" they were! In fact, that may be one reason TWA was in that position to begin with! Maybe Not!

You're wrong grasshopper. Maybe at the lower seniorities but not at mine. In 1983 our top pay was $50 for FSMs (Intn Pursers) Not anywhere near $28..lol I still want my $90 an hour oh great double the pay industry leading dollar per hour. Why do you think we've been having these "heated" discussions. It was a 'nice" dollar per hour raise but that was offset by the loss of the 401K contribution and the free medical. Our passes cost less and SOME of our work rules more "generous".
That was in 1983... I'm talking about the last year TWA was in business... When AA bought TWA the f/as were not making 50 bucks an hour it was more like 28 bucks...

<_< ------- And the man said they weren't the lowest paid in the industry! I don't know! That's not the same as saying they made "more" than AA pilots! And just because TWA was on the brink of being broke, doesn't mean they were the lowest paid ether! So you really can't "assume" they were! In fact, that may be one reason TWA was in that position to begin with! Maybe Not!

Then maybe one of you should get a hold of the old TWA Pilot contract. Then look at the pay they were at prior to the buyout. How hard is that?

That was in 1983... I'm talking about the last year TWA was in business... When AA bought TWA the f/as were not making 50 bucks an hour it was more like 28 bucks...

Wrong again, I file my spouses income taxes and so see her W2s. Not that great a difference between AA and TWA pay but at AA it vwas more. You have no idea what the TWA F/As were making. Why do you keep lying and making up things?

Wrong again, I file my spouses income taxes and so see her W2s. Not that great a difference between AA and TWA pay but at AA it vwas more. You have no idea what the TWA F/As were making. Why do you keep lying and making up things?

And why won't y'all just let it die, just like TWA did?

Everybody at TWA got a raise when the went on the AMR payroll, it was all over the news at the time! B)

I'm not lying ... When AA bought TWA.... we were given the TWA f/a contract to compare to our AA contract.... Believe me , it was a BIG difference....
Saw it with my own two eyes...
oh ... let me guess that is not true and I'm making this all up... right???

Latest posts

Back