Pit Final Assy.450

We dont need another facility, they are not even utilizing what we have now to 100%, I know PIT and CLT can handle more work, for example in CLT we have two bays with no lines

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/7/2002 9:27:16 AM airknocker wrote:

Checkout the interview with RSA Dr. Bronner, he wants a maintenance facility in Alabama. If his bid holds up, RSA has 37% of U, and probably will have some influence on future facilities.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Ual currently farms out alot of A319/320 work to an outfit in Mobile, Ala. They do everything from special projects to HMV's. They are a low cost non-union operator that I think is associated with Singapore technologies.

There is PEMCO in BHM, they are UAW, the facilty that UA uses is in Dothan, AL is also PEMCO, but I am not sure if that facility is union or not.

Back several years ago at BHM 857US an F100 was struck by lighting on landing and on landing the nose gear ripped off causing major damage to the airplane, and the UAW folks at PEMCO had a problem with US's mechanics coming down there and fixing the airplane in PEMCO's hangar being that we are IAM. They eventually made a one for one deal and got the airplane fixed.

Mobile is ST Aero, Singapore Technologies Aerospace (ST Aero), in there web page it does not mention A320 family aircraft.

Back