Politics vs. criminal charges.....the PHL 22

D M G

Senior
Dec 2, 2003
What do you think the outcome of the investigation will be? Charges against IAM members, against TWU members, dropped altogether.

I would think that since the TWU represents a few thousand Septa employees (among others) in the area that they would have some political juice and they'd be pushing hard for criminal charges to be filed.

The IAM members have some political juice too:

1. The President of LL1776 was one of the 22 that was terminated. He holds an elected office in Ridley Park Pa.

2. The State Rep from District 162 is Ron Raymond, who is also from Ridley Park Pa.

3. The US Attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania is Patrick Meehan. Meehan is from Delaware County, which Ridley Park is a part of.

4. LL1776 held a rally a couple of years ago in support of Mayor Streets re-election campaign.

5. LL1776 states right on their own web site that they have "strong ties with City Hall".

Quite a bit of political connections, both Republican and Democrat.

Pressure is being put on the FSA that were terminated. From what I understand unemployment compensation is being denied and they were also denied COBRA (termination due to gross misconduct). The screws are getting tighter. Is the DA's office just waiting for a couple more FSA to flip or is there just not enough to press forward with. Are they considering charges against the TWU members?

IMO charges will be brought against the IAM members, including the leaders of the mob (none of them will flip), and against a handful of others who did the most damage. A handful of FSA are going to flip and tell the whole story.

What do you think the outcome of the investigation will be? Charges against IAM members, against TWU members, dropped altogether.

I would think that since the TWU represents a few thousand Septa employees (among others) in the area that they would have some political juice and they'd be pushing hard for criminal charges to be filed.

The IAM members have some political juice too:

1. The President of LL1776 was one of the 22 that was terminated. He holds an elected office in Ridley Park Pa.

2. The State Rep from District 162 is Ron Raymond, who is also from Ridley Park Pa.

3. The US Attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania is Patrick Meehan. Meehan is from Delaware County, which Ridley Park is a part of.

4. LL1776 held a rally a couple of years ago in support of Mayor Streets re-election campaign.

5. LL1776 states right on their own web site that they have "strong ties with City Hall".

Quite a bit of political connections, both Republican and Democrat.

Pressure is being put on the FSA that were terminated. From what I understand unemployment compensation is being denied and they were also denied COBRA (termination due to gross misconduct). The screws are getting tighter. Is the DA's office just waiting for a couple more FSA to flip or is there just not enough to press forward with. Are they considering charges against the TWU members?

IMO charges will be brought against the IAM members, including the leaders of the mob (none of them will flip), and against a handful of others who did the most damage. A handful of FSA are going to flip and tell the whole story.
You forgot Arlen Specter
Wish they worked this hard when they had to represent other folks in PHL. now it seems the shoe is on the other foot

I have heard that there are literally "Roving Gangs" on the ramp that do all manner of things that are not work related and are possibly criminal in nature. Care to comment??
You are really reaching, you have to have serious issues if you actually think that occurs, instead of hearsay or your wild imagination, why don't you prove your wild accusations?

So I guess you believe George Bush since he said over and over Saddam has WMDs and he was behind 9/11 yet neither has ever been proven and yet it has been disproven?

You can do better then that Bob.

You made an accusation so back it up or retract it!

Welll if you are right then things will NEVER get better and if that's the case US needs to look seriously into reactivating PIT.

Did you say seriously?
uncle Al knew what was going all along and never addressed it.
I.M.O. it must have been a big game that went wrong

So then you are too since you admitted to breaking, entering and stealing, a criminal is a criminal.

If this one plays out like every other one in the past that goes down this road, we're going to have some quiet time on the boards while certain posters sit out the week. Lets get it back on topic, ok?

OK, we have accusations and rebuttals. Take it to PM if you guys want to continue this line of discussions AGAIN. Otherwise, please contain your posts to the topic at hand which is
Political vs Criminal Charges - the PHL 22.....

I have heard that there are literally "Roving Gangs" on the ramp that do all manner of things that are not work related and are possibly criminal in nature. Care to comment??

The gang rumors in PHL actually started in the late 90's when there were two groups of 10-15 FSA (male and a couple of females) that worked in different zones. The group that worked in zone one wore blue shirts and the group that worked in zone four wore red shirts. To call them a gang was a bit of a stretch, although there were a few fights between individuals of the groups. They pretty much stuck to themselves and didn't both anyone else in the zones in which they worked. There were actually a few decent guys within those groups, but when they got together as a group they acted a little differently. No major problems came out of that era because these two groups were really nothing but young punks and they were easily controlled. One of the guys that used to work in zone one was arrested for cracking another FSA over the head with a pipe in a dispute over a girl about a year ago. The guy he cracked wasn't part of the other gang though.

It's 100x worse now. Quite a few senior guys have left the company and the majority of new hires over the past year are basically ghetto street thugs. There's always fights amongst themselves, threatening of others, and they're over-running the zones. Crushed's thread about it is spot on and I don't believe he/she had any other motive in posting about it. Management is scared to death of them and won't do squat about it. I truly believe that someone is going to get seriously hurt one of these nights. Maybe a crew member will chime in about what they see under B Concourse as they pass through.

As far as the ramp being "mobbed up", it's just not true. The only reason I can see that being said is because Tony Armedio basically ran the ramp when he was there and he's Italian. For a lot of years he kept management in check when he needed to and he saved a ton of jobs. I guess Canale is Italian, but he handed AGC jobs to Chandlee and Flynn before Armedio. If you look at who's held positions in PHL you'll see just as many non Italian as you do Italian. The 22 guys that were fired are a mix of white, black, Italian, and Irish. The mob definitely doesn't run the PHL ramp.

Gee looks like someone who works the ramp in PHL says it ain't so, how can you be wrong again?

Latest posts