Oct 20, 2005
http://www.iam141.org/usairway.htm

Updates

Machinists File Lawsuit Over Firings at US Airways

March 23, 2006

To All District 141 Members Employed by US Airways:

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

Printable Version

The IAM today filed a federal complaint against US Airways for multiple violations of the Railway Labor Act. The suit follows the airline’s termination of twenty-two employees at its Philadelphia, PA hub, many of whom were IAM officers and key representatives. The complaint, filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, is available at Complaint.

US Airways is attempting to systematically eliminate your union representation. The airline fired our representatives to deny you your right to choose representatives and to influence a potential representation election.

The IAM representatives were terminated for alleged involvement in a February 8, 2006 altercation instigated by representatives of the Transport Workers Union (TWU). The IAM and TWU are both vying to represent US Airways Fleet Service employees following the airline’s merger with America West Airlines.

When conducting an investigation of the incident, US Airways’ management refused to speak with any of the IAM-represented employees unless they waived their right to be represented and accompanied by their union representative.

The complaint also charges the airline with refusing IAM representatives their contractual right to enter US Airways property to investigate grievances involving Fleet Service employees.

None of the employees were on a work shift at the time if the incident, it did not take place on US Airways’ property nor did it effect the operation of US Airways in any way. The firings are an attempt to undermine the Machinists Union at US Airways.

The IAM complaint seeks a temporary, preliminary and permanent injunction ordering US Airways to immediately reinstate each of the terminated employees and make each of them whole for all losses suffered, to immediately permit any representative designated by the IAM to enter US Airways’ property for the purpose of representing Fleet Service employees and unspecified compensation and punitive damages.

You will be updated of any new developments.

Fraternally,

S.R. (Randy) Canale
President and Directing General Chairman

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The link to the complaint. OMG!!!

http://www.iam141.org/PDF/US%20Airways/USA.RLA.Complaint.pdf

When conducting an investigation of the incident, US Airways’ management refused to speak with any of the IAM-represented employees unless they waived their right to be represented and accompanied by their union representative.

I can see the IAM having a complaint about that. As has been posted several times, it is the unions responsibility to represent these people. Regardless of guilt.

The complaint also charges the airline with refusing IAM representatives their contractual right to enter US Airways property to investigate grievances involving Fleet Service employees.

If the company has a right to deny passengers access to the aircraft, then they have the right to deny personnel from US Airways property. This did not stop the IAM representatives from conducting investigations, it just stopped them from conducting them on US Airways property.

None of the employees were on a work shift at the time if the incident, it did not take place on US Airways’ property nor did it effect the operation of US Airways in any way. ....

...and that makes everything right? If I commit a crime in England, does that still make me a good American citizen?

US Airways is attempting to systematically eliminate your union representation. The airline fired our representatives to deny you your right to choose representatives and to influence a potential representation election.
The firings are an attempt to undermine the Machinists Union at US Airways.

Some would say the IAM is doing that just fine on their own. Personally it reads like an old Pravda article.

I still think the company did the right thing. Granted they should have let these folks be represented by their union. I can imagine that the media will have a field day with this though. Enjoy boys and girls.

Well there is the answer for all who had doubts -- The IAM would not go to this extreme to defend these low lifes if they were not operating under the direction of the union. So the answer surfaces !!

These 22 individuals lost thier jobs because of thier actions or for thier lack in discretion in following the comands of the IAM leadership.

Again we see supporting information for my claim that:

1st choice -- TEAMSTERS

2nd choice -- Decertification

No Representation is a better option than the IAM. 700 you and Dell can stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!

This is not representing the 22 in a defense posture as is required. No...they are going above and beyone by taking the offensive and suing the company. Also it's now clear union leadership was involved in the assault! If they are allowed to return to work can you imagine how much fear and intimidation will reign in? Just like mommy and daddy going to see the school principal for their 200 lb son being suspended for sending a 4th grader to the hospital with a bloody face. "Mr Principal...the teacher could have prevented my son from beating up that whiny kid...that cry baby deserved what he got!" Ludicrous! :down:

wow just when i thought the IAM couldn't sink any lower they suprised me yet again! haha your funny IAM! yeah your crazy funny! haha keep doing those things you do! your crazy funny #### cracks me up! i think next you need to claim that the WHITE HOUSE is behind the push for a general election and that somehow the president is responsible for this , but wait throw in a dramatic plot twist by saying that the president is secretly being controlled by saddam hussen who is working in a joint alliance with bin laden to destory the united states of america ... and this is the first step to doing it! ha ha ha

Updates

Machinists File Lawsuit Over Firings at US Airways

March 23, 2006

To All District 141 Members Employed by US Airways:

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

Printable Version

The IAM today filed a federal complaint against US Airways for multiple violations of the Railway Labor Act. The suit follows the airline’s termination of twenty-two employees at its Philadelphia, PA hub, many of whom were IAM officers and key representatives. The complaint, filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, is available at Complaint.

The IAM representatives were terminated for alleged involvement in a February 8, 2006 altercation instigated by representatives of the Transport Workers Union (TWU). The IAM and TWU are both vying to represent US Airways Fleet Service employees following the airline’s merger with America West Airlines.

The IAM people involed instigated it by jumping on the TWU and even hurting them. Secondly,those involved ought to be fired for the fight. Third, if they were key representatives, well they sure as heck didnt do a good job representing the fleet service during the last 4 yrs or so!

**Moderator Note: Please refrain from quoting a lengthy post. It just makes it easier for everyone to read follow-on posts. Thank you.**

The IAM was required to defend them to a reasonable level - this is well beyond that level so yes I would be done with this scum.

name='EricLv2Fish' date='Mar 24 2006, 01:51 AM' Also it's now clear union leadership was involved in the assault!
Please show me the proof of this.

The company is obstructing an investigation, which by law they cannot due.

Plain and simple.

Plain and simple.
BOY 7 you just keep reaching as the days go by. You know I know and so does everyone who reads this board. That the 22 individuals were caught on tape and identified, were on the clock on union business. There are civil and criminal charges against them,maybe even Federal by the time it is all over, wile representing the union and the company since they were in uniform. The company can't let the back until this matter is resolved.

so i suppose if this were IBT personell you'd turn your backs on them??

Dell, there is a difference between providing defense and going on the attack. By going on the attack the IAM is essentially condoning the hooligan actions. Since these members aren't just rank and file IAM members, but "officials" of the IAM, they are getting alot more than what is neccessary in terms of "defense". What a crock :down:

Plain and simple.

700 give up defending these actions. Paragraph 12 page 5 is your proof in the PDF court filing document.

Now that you have proof what have you to say? :bleh:

Plain and simple.
700 give up defending these actions. Paragraph 12 page 5 is your reference in the PDF court filing document.