Politics vs. criminal charges.....the PHL 22

He is only recieving pay his benefits were through the company and they have been terminated.

He is only recieving pay his benefits were through the company and they have been terminated.

Benefits are much more than just Medical and Dental.

Doesn't he still recieve retirement benefits? Are his expenses still paid, since in the past you've seperated that from salary? If so, they're benefits. If not, then I'm wrong.

He was not recieving retirement benefits from US, he does get retirement from his AGC position and yes he is still an AGC so he still gets his expenses related to his position.

He was not recieving retirement benefits from US, he does get retirement from his AGC position and yes he is still an AGC so he still gets his expenses related to his position.

Ok, so he is still receiving pay and benefits as I said in my first post. Just want to clear that up.

One of the ghetto boys. It's not Union related at all.

I think they're having a beef and beer to benefit the 22, well I mean 21 since one is still receiving his AGC pay and benefits. They have also gone around collecting money for the 22. Serious.
corporate security and a couple mini cams will fix all this pronto...seen it done in PIT. ;)

One of the ghetto boys. It's not Union related at all.

I think they're having a beef and beer to benefit the 22, well I mean 21 since one is still receiving his AGC pay and benefits. They have also gone around collecting money for the 22. Serious.

Ha! I just heard the term "beef and beer" from my relative in Jersey for the first time last night! She said it was a lot of fun and raised a lot of money for a deserving neighbor, hitting tragic circumstances. Hmmmm, maybe it's a little different kind of "beef and beer" than the kind you are referring to.

Enlighten us as to what kind of dollar figure does the AGC's salary, benefits & expenses total for calendar 2005?

Also when you post that number would you please also post what a Top Of Scale ramper working an average of 8/hrs a week in OT would earn so we can compare and contrast the disparity of those who lead 21 thugs into losing their jobs versus a senior ramper. I think the rank and file would be curious.
Just for reference I looked up a job titled "Grand Lodge Representative" and the base salary for that prestigious position is $97,851 plus an average of about $40,000 in expenses.

Have you looked at your pay stub lately???

Do you have any idea how much $$$ most of these 22
make a year ?
you would be verv suprised
that was something else uncle al was totally aware of

The IBT is quick to point out in a recent posting on their website that US Airways executives are lining their pockets at the expense of the workers. I am not anti-union, but the rhetoric is so transparent it's becoming quite sickening. I'm quite shocked to see how unprofessional both the IAM and the IBT can be. Please just do you jobs by focusing on what you can do for the working man/woman, and remember when you point a finger three point back at you.

A GLR is not a district level employee a GLR works for the IAM International.

All the IAM's representatives salaries are public knowledge on the LM2 filed with the US Department of Labor.

A GLR does not represent just one airline, they can represent numerous companies all over the US and Canada, which the IAM does and they are constantly on the road.

The District is in charge of the contract negotiations and enforcement.

If you want the salary information it is right on the Department Of Labor's Web Page.

I can tell you from first hand information as you know, being on the road and away from your family four to five days a week and living in hotels and having to eat out is not all what it seems to be.

I for one would not want my name and total salary posted on the internet for all to view. But any union rep does not have the opportunity.

Why don't you post your total compensation package for all of us to see?

It depends on each district but I believe it ranges from $50,000 to around $100,000.

The ramp AGCs are not paid that much, the mechanic and related are.

The medical benefits are done through US Airways or respective airline and the reps pay the same amount as an active employee under their respective CBAs.

Pay is not based on what cities they represent but based on the District bylaws.

They do get the IAMNPF retirement I believe.

They also participated in cuts similar to the employees have taken with reductions in vacations and such.

So in summary it would be safe to say that an AGC for the ramp earns similar compensation to a low to mid level manager in Corporate America which seems fair to me. An amount over the 80K range seems excessive but otherwise it seems fair and reasonable, thanks for the clarity.
they get bonus pay for training in mob rule and correct technique in using chairs,bottles and tables as offensive weapons.

Latest posts