Power Port Removal-airbus Narrow Body

Breath_of_Fresh_USAirways said:
(And no, I don't rent the headsets, I have my own BOSE -- and I don't feel guilty for USING it since I purchased it because of the airline magazine ad or the catalog on-board...) :up:
[post="300291"][/post]​
Please don't tell me there is ANYONE that actually feels guilty about bringing their own headsets? :)

Truth, (what an oxymoron)

At least you're consistent in your "customer is the enemy" mentality.

I asked for an explanation of the decision, and justification, which is not forthcoming. I am sure there are more business decisions to come, but don't believe for a minute they will all be anti-customer.

We have contacts on the inside at Tempe too.........

And don't count the bonus before you see the check........cause you aren't getting a penny if we can help it.

The Truth said:
What will you do when there is not a CCY to blame for every decision that doesn't sit well with the business traveler. Expect to see more of these reductions amongst the OA carriers once they enter BK.

You and the cockroaches will soon realize that it is not all about CCY so called stupdity once Tempe is running the show. These are tought business decisions that have to be made to enable the company to become a viable carrier.

Don't worry, Crellin still has a lot of pull with the new company and will treat you right.
[post="300232"][/post]​

MarkMyWords said:
The no movies policy is a US policy of only showing movies on flights past DEN.
[post="300288"][/post]​

Actually, you can see the movie on the way to DEN, but on the way back, no movie will be shown.

I'd rather see them dump the greek scrambled eggs rather than remove the computer ports.

I think that the suggestion of keeping them in FC is a good one. Is this feasible? Cost effective?

Art at ISP said:
Just what are the maintenance costs involved with these systems? How do they measure utility? It is consistent with CCY stupidity....penny wise, pound foolish (probably).

I would buy fleet commonality over economy, but just the same, it stinks for the business traveler.

Thanks for the information all....
[post="300217"][/post]​

On any given night while doing a check you can find multiple
power ports missing covers. (10-25 covers missing is not unheard of)
The ports themselves are also magnets for used chewing gum.
Its not uncommon to program 10 covers and 6 outlets for replacement for one
aircraft. (because we cant keep them in stock)

As far as the cost for replacement outlets----maybe boof can help

I have been told its all a cost factor US had lost of problems with the ports some passengers want to put gum in the ports so don't expect the company to keep spending money they dont have to fix them. ( the execs need money for a bonus)

Art at ISP said:
Truth, (what an oxymoron)

At least you're consistent in your "customer is the enemy" mentality.

I asked for an explanation of the decision, and justification, which is not forthcoming. I am sure there are more business decisions to come, but don't believe for a minute they will all be anti-customer.

We have contacts on the inside at Tempe too.........

And don't count the bonus before you see the check........cause you aren't getting a penny if we can help it.
[post="300349"][/post]​

Art,

The reason U is giving the employees is that it is a cost factor. I have to tell you that I get upset with parents who let their kids play with the powerport and the airfones. They think it is a toy. Also, you have some travellers who aren't mature and have oh stuck gum in the power port and well look at what a cost that is to have to dismantel the seat to repair that. I don't agree with it, but we do need to cut costs. Since we have had the Airbus fleet I really haven't seen that many people use it domesitcally, but Internationally they do and it is going to stay on the A330. Just remember when you get on an airplane it isn't the Crews fault that they are gone. Don't be rude to the Fa's because they have no control over that.

You dont have to dismantle the seat, it is only a couple of screws that hold the powerport in place.

I think it is more of a function of "mirror image" than anything.
Cactus doesn't have power ports on their aircraft so why add another cost item?

Incidently, since I don't know, does JetBlew have power ports?

USAguy97 said:
Don't be rude to the Fa's because they have no control over that.
[post="300424"][/post]​

I don't know Art, but I don't he would be rude to a FA over this issue. Still, what about a compromise and keeping them in FC to better the FC product?

sounds like a good idea to me. Where is the highest concentration of business flyers....in F/C.

I think while they are at it, they need to increase the portion size of the Greek Scrambled Eggs.....they are so good, I just can't get enough! :bleh: :lol:

MarkMyWords said:
sounds like a good idea to me. Where is the highest concentration of business flyers....in F/C.

I think while they are at it, they need to increase the portion size of the Greek Scrambled Eggs.....they are so good, I just can't get enough! :bleh: :lol:
[post="300439"][/post]​

hey, i have an idea...since they are going to get rid of the ports, they can fill the holes with greek scrambled eggs...they aren't edible anyway.

a320av8r said:
I think it is more of a function of "mirror image" than anything.
Cactus doesn't have power ports on their aircraft so why add another cost item?

Incidently, since I don't know, does JetBlew have power ports?
[post="300427"][/post]​

I checked seatguru.com and they do not list power ports for the JetBlue A320's.

On a somewhat related note, we flew Delta from EWR-HNL via SLC on a 737-800 and 767-400. Seatguru and Delta's website indicated that these aircraft had power ports in all classes. We could not find them, nor could a flight attendant. Fortunately, the optional oversized battery on my son's HP notebook lasted during his usage.

USAguy97 said:
Art,

The reason U is giving the employees is that it is a cost factor. I have to tell you that I get upset with parents who let their kids play with the powerport and the airfones. They think it is a toy. Also, you have some travellers who aren't mature and have oh stuck gum in the power port and well look at what a cost that is to have to dismantel the seat to repair that. I don't agree with it, but we do need to cut costs. Since we have had the Airbus fleet I really haven't seen that many people use it domesitcally, but Internationally they do and it is going to stay on the A330. Just remember when you get on an airplane it isn't the Crews fault that they are gone. Don't be rude to the Fa's because they have no control over that.
[post="300424"][/post]​

USA guy,

First of all I would never be rude to a flight crew in any case, let alone something like this which is certainly not their fault. I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for the crews who I fly with day in and day out.

That said, I could see an appropriate compromise of leaving the ports in First Class, at least for the short term. My understanding is that although the merger may close shortly, joint operations (intermingling of fleets and routes) will not happen for a year or two, so in my opinion there is no commonality issue until then. In either case, keeping them in F seats makes good business sense--reduces any costs by at least 75-80%, while providing an existing amenity to the business traveler.

I hope someone in Tempe sees the light....

My best to you all.......