US Announces Resignation of EVP, Operations Al Crellin

What???? I thought ALL retirees travel on a lower boarding priority. :shock: Does this mean that his family not traveling with him gets the same positive space spass too?

Of course he will. Reminds me of Wolf who had the same privileges at UA. Got on a transatlantic out of IAD and the pilots were going to have the flight cancelled unless he got off.

Wishing all pilots have the nads to do the same for our freeloaders who could easily afford tickets but choose the free first class seats. They have enough already.

Do you think Al will file for unemployment?

You bet he did. You know so many of you have been bashing AC all these years.

You don't survive, advance, and prosper in any job for 32 years unless you are doing something right.

No. Not necessarily so.

Doug and company had no clue on how to operate a Legacy. AWA was a regional carrier with basically one hub and a satalite base. In addition, he and his team had NO CLUE on how to operate a heavily concentrated East coast operation with 6 hubs including PHL right out of BK.

His days were numbered and his time of useful purpose has exhausted. He lasted one year. He is only 59 years old. I don't see him operating another airline in the same capacity again.

Ba-bye ya!

Hi PIT Bull,

So who will be the new "designated hitter" now that AC has gone to greener pastures?

Are you suggesting the new AW management team now has a handle on operating a legacy airline with multiple hubs?

By the way, thanks for staying active on USAviation. Your input is valuable and much appreciated.

924PS

No. Not necessarily so.

Doug and company had no clue on how to operate a Legacy. AWA was a regional carrier with basically one hub and a satalite base.

Overstated IMO. Before AWA changed it's business strategy (early 2002) we were a small major legacy carrier. The reason for the change was primarily due to 911.

In addition, he and his team had NO CLUE on how to operate a heavily concentrated East coast operation with 6 hubs including PHL right out of BK.

His days were numbered and his time of useful purpose has exhausted.
Ba-bye ya!
[/quote]

Agreed!

I say what's done is done, let it go, and let's look forward not back..
It will be interesting to see how much change, if any, will occur now.

sky high states: Speaking of what's done is done. Is there enough or extra coverage for the upcoming HOLIDAY SEASON in PHL? Enough EQUIPMENT? Contingency plan if snow/bad weather is expected? Hotel employees? Get management from behind their desks for peak travel days and help out at a kiosk, push a wheelchair, float at the checkin area's, help load a bag...etc...etc.......instead of HIDING behind their desks.
Mr Parker, it's not too late to issue that memo!

only stating opinions.

sky high states: Speaking of what's done is done. Is there enough or extra coverage for the upcoming HOLIDAY SEASON in PHL? Enough EQUIPMENT? Contingency plan if snow/bad weather is expected? Hotel employees? Get management from behind their desks for peak travel days and help out at a kiosk, push a wheelchair, float at the checkin area's, help load a bag...etc...etc.......instead of HIDING behind their desks.
only stating opinions.
Management not allowed to load bags per union contract. Got a feeling it's the same on the customer service end also.

Management not allowed to load bags per union contract. Got a feeling it's the same on the customer service end also.

sky high states: Thank you for educating me. I was under the impression that Management was trained in some of these positions. Example, F/A Supervisors. They can fly.
Didnt Management "cover" PHL last year and during the meltdown crisis?

only stating opinions.

sky high states: Thank you for educating me. I was under the impression that Management was trained in some of these positions. Example, F/A Supervisors. They can fly.
Didnt Management "cover" PHL last year and during the meltdown crisis?
only stating opinions.

Management did NOT do fleet service work & are NOT allowed per the contract to do fleet service work.
As for the ques about PHL, hopefully one of the folks up there will answer.

only stating opinions.

Those days are gone. Helping out use to be apart of the ole' days at AWA. I loved helping out at the kiosks during peak travel times. Oh the days of teamwork and supporting each other....sigh>>>

you guys are still talkng about this. he is gone. you guys wanted him gone well, you got your wish . no let's move on . you guys are paying way to much attention for someone you all hated so much.