Predicted Domino Effect

Bear96 said:
US1YFARE and hp fa ...

:rolleyes:

Umm, I was being sarcastic. I understand first-hand the illusion and pitfalls of "free" flight benefits. Didja not notice the quotation marks around "free"? :)
[post="301134"][/post]​

:rolleyes: :shock:

no kidding, i know you were being sarcastic, i was just adding on to what you said--it's the same as getting an employee discount at a store and you can't afford to buy the merchandise because you have no disposable income--illusory benefit--i understood.

US1YFARE said:
I think you are right about the disparate incomes for the "workers" at Disney and the execs at Disney. They are paid peanuts and work very very hard and are treated poorly both by mgmt and customers--everyday for them is working the LAS or MCO flight!

There may be people lined up to work at Disney, but how many stay more than a summer or more than a year? I would be curious to know that statistic.

Disney stock tanked a few years ago (in the teens) after a high around 2000 in the 40's. Disney also, was paying a small dividend.
[post="301085"][/post]​

Actually, you need to check your stats again on Disney. I had owned this stock from 1998-2002. It hovered around the same high/lows for years while Eisner make hundreds of millions in salary and bonus.

There was NO didvidend payout.

PITbull said:
Actually, you need to check your stats again on Disney.  I had owned this stock from 1998-2002.  It hovered around the same high/lows for years while Eisner make hundreds of millions in salary and bonus.

There was NO didvidend payout.
[post="301157"][/post]​

actually, they paid out a dividend of .25 cents (plus or minus a penny or two) in 2003 and 2004. also, my quotes for the stock price are accurate. near 2000 it was in the 40's and went into the teens and then back up to the 20's

PITbull said:
In the year 2000, it  was trading at $27, and then tanked with the Dow and NAS, starting on March 31, 2000.
[post="301175"][/post]​

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/chart...t=Refresh+Chart

for what it's worth, at the beginning of 2000, DIS was trading at about $35. It's 5 year low was in mid-2003 when it went down to 14ish/share. In and around 2nd quarter 2000 it was 40ish.

This is off topic, but Disney did hit $40 on or about 4/1/00 and $43+ on or about 4/28/00.

You know for some strange reason years from now I have a feeling Usairways and its leaders will be praised for its fore thought. Right or wrongly it feels better coming out of BK healthy than being where most are going.

usfliboi said:
You know for some strange reason years from now I have a feeling Usairways and its leaders will be praised for its fore thought. Right or wrongly it feels better coming out of BK healthy than being where most are going.
[post="301262"][/post]​

Healthy?

Being the first out of BK a-gain will prove to have its downfalls. Remember, its called BK protection for a reason.

PITbull said:
Open Letter to the MEC:
US Airways "bankruptcy business model" is alive and well and permeating into all the legacies. I watched DELTA and NW take their dance into BK today to get their "free pass". Yup, I called this one folks.

I told Siegel late in August,2002, he would not be able to enjoy these low costs from labor for very long, as all other legacies would catch on and the courts and judges would be filled with BK chapter 11 filings. The legacies would have no choice but to follow the pattern of BK. Heck, NW AMFA mechanics are already on strike.

Siegel argued in an e-mail with me that my theory was incorrect. That airlines would consolidate which was needed in our industry. That was BEFORE United's dance into BK on Dec. 9 2002. Siegel had insisted that U had no choice because of mismanagement and having the highest labor costs in the industry that these cuts were necessary....and that was BEFORE concession #2 and BK #2. But hey, Siegel is at Gate Gourmet destroying that company with his same BK model used at U.

What a track record.

So where does it end? The LCC will no longer continue to have the advantage or edge and neither will AWA or U, and for SW you can not hedge for infinity at one price. And you can't hedge in BK with no cash on hand accept to operate day to day.

The BK wave is just the beginning.

Once all legacies get their wages BELOW US Airways and AWA, and the LCC, then what?

There will be no profits during this race to the bottom in costs, and then the consolidation will continue until there will be liquidation of carriers. No choice.

Who will survive?

For those MEC members that were not on the MEC in 2002, Local 40 predicted this on Aug. 29, 2002 and wrote it out to he entire Senior management team.

Subject on E-mail: "Domino Effect Commences".

Pandora's box is now open...and we will be able to keep the union busters employed for a longer period.

AWA seniority is a small problem compared to where this industry is about to go. AWA f/a contract is still open and I can almost predict concession #4.

Prediction: There will be liquidation. When? Anybody's guess. To help save the jobs in this industry is not to put them at poverty wages; but rather REGULATE THIS INDUSTRY! Otherwise, bk will cost billions and billions to all industries and higher interest rates and pricing will and must happen for all to absorb.

Hold on to your seat belts, we are in for another ride on this "merry-go-round".

PS: Just wonder how the American working people can continue to pay billions for a war in IRAQ, the catastrophy and rebuilding of MSY, baby boomers retiring with SS and Medicare with the future of jobs outsourced and millions of misplaced workers with Corporate America upside down?

U employees went pretty peacefully, even though morale is still at rock bottom. they didn't know what hit them.

I predict anarchy.

Regards,

Teddy
LEC, Local 40 PIT
--
[post="300723"][/post]​

PitBull;

Good prediction!!!

Take Care,
B) UT

Latest posts