PROFIT SHARING

Dec 28, 2005
INDIANA
Visit site
I was 46 when I decided it was time for me to retire. I was tired of commuting and had had numerous discussions with the union reps about retiring and recieving my flying benefits and my profit sharing. I had even discussed it with my manager. I was assured that I would recieve my profit sharing because it would be based on my w-2. Well now I find out that if I would have stayed another 21 days I would have recieved My profit check . I sure wish I would have had better information, I certainly would have stayed another 21 days. It seems wrong to me That I was mislead and I now find out that I resighned even though I got a retiree flight card after 22 years.The union says that I never told them that I was only 46...well I knew I couldnt recieve my pension untill then but I never thougt they would cheat me out of my profit sharing check because I left dec 8th after 22 years.....doesnt seem right to me especially when I asked the question numerous times and now Im told that I didnt ask the agc....
does any one have a similar situation..and can anyone offer any advice...

Assuming that the IAM profit sharing language is like ALPA's, this sounds like an IAM decision - and a bad one, at that.

Hope you get it straightened out.

Jim

How did you get a travel card? I left after 22 years also and didn't get sqwat. Just curious.

Latest posts