Profit Sharing

The reason the West got profit sharing was that the furloughed East FAs could work for HP instead of them hiring off the street.
This statement doen't make sense to me because all F/As get the East profit sharing whether you negotiated it on the East, or have it land in your lap on the West, or get a newhire position off the street.

700 is right. See your transition agreement. Why ask these questions now? This has been in place for a couple of years now...it's like revisiting all of the other redundant issues of who bought who, who saved who, seniority integration et al ...give it a rest.

The reason the West got profit sharing was that the furloughed East FAs could work for HP instead of them hiring off the street.
Didn't most of the furloughees that went West end up quitting because there contract sucks even worse than ours here in the East?

A bigger question should be, exactly how many people would actually transfer to the west and visa versa. My guess is not that many.

So how is it that a fence has become a multi-million dollar issue. The amount of money divided by the actual number of affected people is relatively small. Should the company continue to prosper, the price of having a fence we still can not use will just increase. And still, the majority of those affected would not be able to reap the gains of the contract language.

Just my opinion...
I think we'd see the PSA people head West. In addition, those who want to retire out there and will be doing so in the next few years. I was told that AFA polled those who commute from the west coast a few years back and found that around 250 would go to PHX ...that's a steep price to pay on behalf of that few people. Robbed again. :down:

Hey 700, Please share with us WHY the West -mechanics- got to share the profit sharing with the East -mechanics..

My check was for $843.00. I expected about $700.00...... say what you will about Doug Parker but between this and the end of Mainline Express wages, I'm living better these days.

I am very thankful for my profit sharing check. I was able to buy little things for my condo that were much needed! I am very appreciative for every penny, knowing it will probably be our last. :( Never seen bonuses on the West side over my 12 years! Mucho Gracias!!

This company can take it’s profit sharing check to me and flush it down the nearest lav . You think this means %^#$ to me ? Because this company is dragging it’s feet I’m missing out on Thousands of dollars . What ,you think we’re morons who can’t do simple math ?

:down: :angry:

My proft sharing check is now in the hands of WN. Wife and kids couldn't get home from slc so they had to buy tkts on wn. Had to route them slc-las-phx because the slc-phx flts were full on wn too. The extra segment made the zed fare twice as much.

You would have to ask your GC for that answer, I dont know.

Profit Sharing Bulletin 2007

Even though the west is still operating under their own contract, we were told it was a decision by the "higher ups" in the IAM to award the west mechanics profit sharing. I would suspect they had been threatened with legal action and would have to part with some of their funds if the profit sharing was not distributed to the west. And the members really have a say in the IAM? Who cares what the "current " contract language reads.

:up: Profit sharing lawsuit starting in PHL, stay tuned and be ready to contribute if asked. Would make for interesting talk if it proceeds

Back